The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Dolphins 2019 schedule

+3
HalCHorn
JMP
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

Miami Dolphins 2019 schedule Empty Miami Dolphins 2019 schedule

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:43 pm

So Miami has a bye week 4....

Barry Jackson wrote:This is the complete Dolphins 2019 schedule:

Sept 8: Baltimore

Sept. 15: New England

Sept. 22: at Dallas

Sept. 29 Los Angeles Chargers

Oct. 6-7: BYE

Oct. 13: Washington Redskins

Oct. 20: at Buffalo Bills

Oct. 28: at Pittsburgh (MNF)

Nov. 3: New York Jets

Nov. 10: at Indianapolis Colts

Nov. 17: Buffalo Bills

Nov. 24: at Cleveland

Dec. 1: Philadelphia Eagles

Dec. 8: at New York Jets

Dec. 15: at New York Giants

Dec. 22: Cincinnati Bengals

Dec. 29: at New England

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article229368254.html

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins 2019 schedule Empty Re: Miami Dolphins 2019 schedule

Post by JMP Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:37 am

0-4 at the bye, guaranteed.

I can't find more than 5 wins on that schedule...but of course, we don't know what the final roster will look like so things can change. Definitely has the makings of a top 5 pick next year, though - which is a good thing for the future of the team.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 am

Yeah, I'm thinking about 5-11.

Might go to the Dallas game since September seems like a good bet for decent weather and it is less than an hour away.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:25 am

0-4 at the bye, guaranteed.

Agree. After the bye, opportunity to win 3 of the next 4 if the roster is starting to gel and Fitzpatrick finds some of his old magic for a stretch.

After that, pretty grim. Maybe we can take Cincy? Indy, Eagles, Browns(!), Pittsburgh, Dallas... all of these teams are worlds better than we are right now. Why? Surprise! They all have a QB!

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Depending on Miami draft then I will say their fate

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:29 am

3-13 with a win against the Jets, one against the Skins, and one against the Bengals, just to push us out of the No. 1 pick.

Ryan Fitzpatrick retires after a career ending injury to his beard in Week 4. We come back from the bye and Jake Rudock comes in, throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs, and the fun starts on all the posting boards. He is then promptly injured in an off-the-field blimp mishap.

We then lose out until the 2nd to last week of the season.

Then to cap it off, NE beats us 41-3, with Brady on his way to another SB ring, and a 44 TD season.

I say all that because I'm a positive guy.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:25 am

Degarmo wrote:3-13 with a win against the Jets, one against the Skins, and one against the Bengals, just to push us out of the No. 1 pick.

So which team gets the #1 pick instead?

Except for the blimp mishap, I can totally see everything else actually happening.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:04 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

I think there's a good chance the Cardinals get it again. That team is BAD.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:19 pm

What JMP said, or, maybe the Giants.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:20 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:3-13 with a win against the Jets, one against the Skins, and one against the Bengals, just to push us out of the No. 1 pick.

Except for the blimp mishap, I can totally see everything else actually happening.

If there is a blimp mishap, I will go out and buy a lottery ticket and split the winnings with everyone on this board equally.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:09 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

I think there's a good chance the Cardinals get it again.  That team is BAD.

Nah, didn't you hear? They're totally gonna ditch the first round QB they picked just last year for a shrimpy first round QB who will get them to the playoffs right away Laughing

Then again, that would explain why every madden Youtuber and his brother are doing Cards rebuilds all of a sudden. (BTW Madden '19 suuuuuucked.)

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Degarmo wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

If there is a blimp mishap, I will go out and buy a lottery ticket and split the winnings with everyone on this board equally.

I know you'd do it too, for real.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Degarmo wrote:What JMP said, or, maybe the Giants.

Now this I do believe. That Fins-Giants game will be a sight to behold fo sho. In a train wreck sort of way, obviously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:51 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

I know you'd do it too, for real.

Damn straight, you know me Smile

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:02 am

Degarmo wrote:

Ryan Fitzpatrick retires after a career ending injury to his beard in Week 4.  We come back from the bye and Jake Rudock comes in, throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs, and the fun starts on all the posting boards.  He is then promptly injured in an off-the-field blimp mishap.

those injuries are serious, one of my co-workers injured his beard and he was out for a month. Shocked

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:38 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:What JMP said, or, maybe the Giants.

Now this I do believe. That Fins-Giants game will be a sight to behold fo sho. In a train wreck sort of way, obviously.

It could be a smokescreen, but here in NY the Giants GM (Dave Gettelman) can't stop talking about how great Eli Manning is. He certainly sounds sincere (and incredibly stubborn and short-sighted), and many people think they won't draft a QB in round 1 despite having two picks.

Anyway, they have a ton of talent on offense so they won't end up with the #1 pick...but they're still going to be top 10 and probably top 5 bad for sure.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:10 am

I follow the Giants also, it's my fathers team we watched a lot of games together.

I'd actually prefer the Giants wait on a QB until next year. I would love to see them go defense with their 6 pick, and trade away #17 for a first NEXT year.

The number of QBs coming out next year is insane. You might be able to get a franchise talent without trading up, or trading up a very short way. That's ideal.

I don't like the QBs this year. So I wouldn't take one. Taking a QB just because you need one is the worse thing you can do. You better believe in the guy or else you're just burning a pick that could be used for a superior talent somewhere else.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 pm

That schedule looks BREW-TULL!!!

And a lot depends on the final roster and how healthy or unhealthy the starters stay.

Still, unless the O-line gets an order of magnitude Better, and the rushing attack takes a dramatic step up, I am gonna say anything close to 6 wins would be nigh on miraculous IMO.

I am not sure Gettleman has a clue? He cleaned up a cap mess in Carolina, but...

He is not going to "force a QB" but....if there is even a slim chance the QB will develop into a franchise QB, you pull the trigger. Drafting the best RB in the draft is all well and good, but it ain't gonna get you to a Super Bowl IMHO.

The NFL is now a QB driven league, and if you do not understand that, then you have no business being a GM!.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:53 pm

white1 wrote:I follow the Giants also, it's my fathers team we watched a lot of games together.

I'd actually prefer the Giants wait on a QB until next year.  I would love to see them go defense with their 6 pick, and trade away #17 for a first NEXT year.  

The number of QBs coming out next year is insane.  You might be able to get a franchise talent without trading up, or trading up a very short way.  That's ideal.

I don't like the QBs this year.  So I wouldn't take one.  Taking a QB just because you need one is the worse thing you can do.  You better believe in the guy or else you're just burning a pick that could be used for a superior talent somewhere else.

It's been a long time since I did this so I might be a bit rusty. (Clears throat.)

PREACH AWN, BRUTHA!!! TESTIFY!!! cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:22 pm

white1 wrote:Taking a QB just because you need one is the worse thing you can do.  You better believe in the guy or else you're just burning a pick that could be used for a superior talent somewhere else.

I think the issue with the Giants is that it seems that, in Gettleman's eyes, Eli Manning is in the prime of his career and he's going to play forever. Obviously you have to like the guy you draft, but I'm not sure Gettleman likes any QB that's not named Eli Manning.

The Giants have a few offensive playmakers and they've rebuilt the OL. They have two first round picks. I refuse to believe that they couldn't use Haskins, or hell even Lock or Jones, on that roster - while still getting a quality player at another position with the other first rounder and all their other picks. There's absolutely no excuse to ignore QB talent when the guy you have is on his last leg.

Same thing with the Dolphins. It doesn't have to be round one, but they NEED to draft a QB at some point this season. You can't just pretend that QB isn't important...it's the one thing that separates champs from chumps.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:26 pm

JMP wrote:I think the issue with the Giants is that it seems that, in Gettleman's eyes, Eli Manning is in the prime of his career and he's going to play forever.  Obviously you have to like the guy you draft, but I'm not sure Gettleman likes any QB that's not named Eli Manning.

To be fair, if this QB draft is as mind-blowingly wretched as '02, '07, '10, or '13 like some people believe, there may in fact not be any QBs in it that are as good as Eli right now.

Same thing with the Dolphins.  It doesn't have to be round one, but they NEED to draft a QB at some point this season.  You can't just pretend that QB isn't important...it's the one thing that separates champs from chumps.

Really, it all depends on *why* you're drafting a QB. Are you drafting one to start ASAP, drafting one you think might develop into a starter in 4 years or less, or drafting one just to have 2-3 guys on the roster at the position?

Also, the next QB class is supposed to be loaded, so it could be the Giants see this and are planning to suck for the top pick, who will take Eli's place right away as his contract expires after the season. That's what I would do.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:40 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

Really, it all depends on *why* you're drafting a QB. Are you drafting one to start ASAP, drafting one you think might develop into a starter in 4 years or less, or drafting one just to have 2-3 guys on the roster at the position?

Also, the next QB class is supposed to be loaded, so it could be the Giants see this and are planning to suck for the top pick, who will take Eli's place right away as his contract expires after the season. That's what I would do.

For the Dolphins, they have to draft a QB this year because their starter is an aging, mediocre journeyman, and their two backups have no experience and marginal upside. It's the most important position in football, and for the Dolphins right now it's a colossal gaping hole. They need to draft a QB for all the reasons you mentioned: maybe to start, maybe to develop, maybe to add competition...the point is, the cupboard is bare right now and that's simply not acceptable.

As for the Giants, they are in a similar position: an aging declining veteran and no legit backup. Sure, they can wait till next year and hope they get the guy they want - but again, they have nothing right now and standing pat is foolish.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 pm

rightchea wrote:
Degarmo wrote:

Ryan Fitzpatrick retires after a career ending injury to his beard in Week 4.  We come back from the bye and Jake Rudock comes in, throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs, and the fun starts on all the posting boards.  He is then promptly injured in an off-the-field blimp mishap.

those injuries are serious, one of my co-workers injured his beard and he was out for a month. Shocked

LOL cheers

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:18 pm

This is a great draft to build your team out, but not for QBs.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down