The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets looking to hire Gase as Head coach

5 posters

Go down

Jets looking to hire Gase as Head coach Empty Jets looking to hire Gase as Head coach

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:24 am

Austin Knoblauch wrote:Gase, who was fired by the Dolphins on Monday, will have to convince Jets CEO Christopher Johnson and general manager Mike Maccagnan that he can not only turn around the franchise but also develop Sam Darnold into a bona fide franchise quarterback.
"We definitely want to make sure (coaching candidates) have a plan in place to develop our young quarterback," Maccagnan said Monday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001007113/article/adam-gase-to-interview-for-jets-head-coaching-job

could you imagine Miami playing Gase twice next year. Talk about wanting revenge.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Jets looking to hire Gase as Head coach Empty Re: Jets looking to hire Gase as Head coach

Post by JMP Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 am

The Jets are interviewing him, but I doubt they'll hire him. I'd love it...would be great to watch him ruin Darnold! Twisted Evil

I think the Jets would love to land Mike McCarthy...my guess is he's their top choice. I'd probably put the Jets at #2 behind Cleveland as the most attractive head coaching job. They have a young QB, a solid nucleus on defense, a high draft pick, and tons of cap space.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jets looking to hire Gase as Head coach Empty Re: Jets looking to hire Gase as Head coach

Post by white1 Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:49 pm

I don’t want him in the division. We’d have to see his face twice every year.

Plus, what if he figures it out and starts winning? Insult to injury while we flounder in rebuild mode.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:52 pm

I don't want to have to look at him because he makes me want to puke, but in terms of football I'm not worried about Gase in the division at all. I'd welcome it. In fact, I wish the Phins could play 16 games a season against him. He sucks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:21 pm

IMO if the Jets hire Gase he'll sweep the Fins every season he's coach due to that insanely absurd luck he has, but the Jets will be hot garbage VS every other team.

I'm actually rooting for him to get hired by the Browns so he can ruin them because I'm sick and tired of everybody raving and yammering on about how secretly great the Browns are, as if they're the Pats' successors. They haven't even won anything yet and already I want them put back in their proper place at the bottom of the NFL barrel.

But there's absolutely no chance of Gase succeeding anywhere he's hired--not even as an OC--because he will literally never ever learn from his mistakes and always insist it's everyone else's fault.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:10 pm

It would benefit Gase to be an OC somewhere for a few years before he gets another HC shot.

People forget that Belicheck was lousy in Cleveland. Anyone remember him being stuck with Todd Philcox at QB because he cut Kosar in mid-season...and Testeverde promptly got hurt? Very Gase-like forward thinking there. He also had plenty of other personality conflicts there.

He improved a great deal by the time he got to New England---but he'd also had 4 years as a coordinator to think about his mistakes, learn from them, and rebuild his stock.

Now compare this with Wannstedt. In Chicago, he was pretty similar to Belicheck in Cleveland.

Probably would have done him some good (well, then again, maybe not---he made the same freaking mistakes at Pitt U. after screwing the Fins up) to have gotten a coordinator job again after he was fired in Chicago. Instead, he was out of work for a few days and then Jimmy pretty much promised him the Miami job within a year if he joined him.

If Gase gets another HC job right away, it will only convince him he was right all along. Just like Eric Mangini (remember how well his second go-round went?)----and Bumstedt.

So yes, hire him, Jests! :-)

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:59 am

Great post, Hal, and I totally agree. I'm sure some sorry-ass team will hire Gase (Cardinals???), but he needs more time as a coordinator. He's simply not a head coach right now.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm

His biggest problem will likely be the same one he had here. His coaching staff was crap. Burke is not a DC worth anything, and his OC was a meaningless figure head. Only by the grace of God did he have an excellent special teams coordinator, who has survived something like 4 regime changes. No way Rizzi joins Gase in his next job.

How does he plan to improve that after a short 3 year stint in Miami?

I'm still thinking SOME DAY Gase will be a good head coach. But you are correct. The best move is probably to work as an OC somewhere. Under Reid would be ideal, assuming he will lose Bienemy which seems likely.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down