The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Tannehill Rated Worst QB by PFF

3 posters

Go down

Ryan Tannehill Rated Worst QB by PFF Empty Ryan Tannehill Rated Worst QB by PFF

Post by Degarmo Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:26 pm

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-ryan-tannehill-dolphins-worst-qb-20190103-story.html?fbclid=IwAR20weeT0b2gbys9Gi42YQzFuY5icUWeOFxBd0gfPUhCB1hEWQSGz9qgj10

Kevin Lerner wrote:According to the site, “Tannehill finished the year with the third-lowest big-time throw percentage (2.9%) and a league-high 6.57% turnover-worthy play percentage. He didn’t do his team any favors in 2018.”

The Dolphins are all but certain to move on from Tannehill and his escalating salary. The 31-year-old Tannehill, who has been inconsistent since the Dolphins drafted him eighth overall in 2012, is expected to be traded or released.

Tannehill, who has a $26.6 million salary-cap figure for 2019, has a 42-46 record with the Dolphins.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Ryan Tannehill Rated Worst QB by PFF Empty Re: Ryan Tannehill Rated Worst QB by PFF

Post by JMP Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:29 pm

This is why I hate PFF. What the hell is "big-time throw percentage" or "turnover-worthy play percentage"??? It's all made-up, subjective stats that are based on nothing.

Tannehill was terrible this season, especially the last few games. I'd have a hard time calling him the worst QB in the NFL - not even close - but really, all that matters is he was bad...I don't need to know how bad.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ryan Tannehill Rated Worst QB by PFF Empty Re: Ryan Tannehill Rated Worst QB by PFF

Post by Degarmo Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Let's just agree on this, being ranked worst QB by PFF is much worse than being ranked as a good QB. It illustrates that he indeed needs to go.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 pm

I think that it more of a coaching thing than anything. There rating that they come up with is used by the NFL, Madden and other sports people alike.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:55 am

rightchea wrote:I think that it more of a coaching thing than anything. There rating that they come up with is used by the NFL, Madden and other sports people alike.

Coaching definitely plays a big roll.  This season was the worst Tannehill ever looked...at least some of it has to be the fault of Gase, Loggain and whoever was pretending to be the QB coach this season.

As far as PFF, yes, I know their stats are widely used - but that doesn't mean they're good.  They just make stuff up and give it a fancy name, and people eat it up.

Anyway you slice it, Degarmo is right - Tannehill and his insane contract need to go.  Hopefully we can trade him for something, but that contract makes it difficult unless a team is willing to restructure a long-term deal for him.

I had high hopes for Tannehill when he was drafted, but over the years he's proved that he's not a leader, he's not a winner and he's just not very good.

Last edited by JMP on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:23 am

Add one major thing to that too, JMP. It seems he's not well respected by teammates or "veterans" of which he is now supposed to be one. You can't be a team's QB with that monicker. He needs a change of scenery if he has any chance at all to succeed.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:40 am

Degarmo wrote:Add one major thing to that too, JMP.  It seems he's not well respected by teammates or "veterans" of which he is now supposed to be one.  You can't be a team's QB with that monicker.  He needs a change of scenery if he has any chance at all to succeed.

When you're throwing for less than 200 yards a week, failing to read coverages and taking bad sacks, and run off the field like a damn robot when you screw up...your teammates notice. Your teammates also notice when your guru head coach throws everyone else under the bus when you fail. Tannehill needs a restart for sure. For his sake, I hope he gets a coach that will challenge him and not just spoonfeed him and treat him like a fragile flower.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down