The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft rumors - Dolphins and the rest of the league

+2
JEGnj
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Draft rumors - Dolphins and the rest of the league Empty Draft rumors - Dolphins and the rest of the league

Post by JMP Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Using this threat for any rumors I hear today...feel free to add...

Three things I've heard so far:
--DE Montez Sweat's heart condition may have been misdiagnosed, and it's now not a concern for teams.
--OT Jawaan Taylor has a few medical concerns, including knee and back. He could drop all the way to the end of round one, if not further.
--The Dolphins are reprtedly "serious" about trading for Josh Rosen. The Giants are also interested.

Not sure how true any of this is, but that's what makes the draft so interesting!

On Rosen...I might pull the trigger for a 4th. Not willing to go higher than that. I'm not sold on him, but for a 4th he could be worth a look IMO.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Draft rumors - Dolphins and the rest of the league Empty Re: Draft rumors - Dolphins and the rest of the league

Post by JMP Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Also hearing that the Phins are VERY interested in the injured DT Jeffery Simmons. I could definitely see the Phins taking him if they trade down. He's one of the best players (regardless of position) in thi class, and would likely be a top 3 pick if healthy.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Draft rumors - Dolphins and the rest of the league Empty Re: Draft rumors - Dolphins and the rest of the league

Post by JEGnj Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:53 pm

If we don't make a move for a QB all I want is DL or OL for the future. Don't make moves to win 4 or 5 games next year. 0-16 and #1 next year.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:35 pm

Rosen = Tannehill. Maybe a little worst

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Article on espn says that Grier wants at least 3 starters in this Draft which could mean having to trade back.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:59 pm

I believe he think he can get Rosen and then trade back to get more picks.

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:10 pm

JMP wrote:Using this threat for any rumors I hear today...feel free to add...

Three things I've heard so far:
--DE Montez Sweat's heart condition may have been misdiagnosed, and it's now not a concern for teams.
--OT Jawaan Taylor has a few medical concerns, including knee and back.  He could drop all the way to the end of round one, if not further.
--The Dolphins are reprtedly "serious" about trading for Josh Rosen.  The Giants are also interested.

Not sure how true any of this is, but that's what makes the draft so interesting!

On Rosen...I might pull the trigger for a 4th.  Not willing to go higher than that.  I'm not sold on him, but for a 4th he could be worth a look IMO.

Trading for Rosen would be such a Finsy move and also a statement to the world that absolutely nothing has changed. Which is why I'm now convinced they'll do it.

Then they'll trade down and not have a pick until the 3rd round while racking up four 7ths or so. Meh.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Well, it depends what you give up for Rosen. A 4th or 5th? Low risk for a guy that at least has some chance to be pretty good. 3rd or higher would be way too rich for my blood.

At the end of the day, I'd probably lean toward not trading for him. But for a later-round pick...I'd at least understand it.

All I know is, Rosen's value drops like a stone the second the Cards draft Murray.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:45 pm

JMP wrote:Well, it depends what you give up for Rosen.  A 4th or 5th?  Low risk for a guy that at least has some chance to be pretty good.  3rd or higher would be way too rich for my blood.

At the end of the day, I'd probably lean toward not trading for him.  But for a later-round pick...I'd at least understand it.

All I know is, Rosen's value drops like a stone the second the Cards draft Murray.

Thanks to the modern fake news epidemic, I refuse to believe the Cards actually kept trying to trade Rosen until the last possible minute. But NFL network sure made it look like they did Laughing The GF didn't like Murray's suit or his short legs BTW. She seemed to understand the whole situation when I explained it.

No way the Cards will be keeping Rosen *and* Murray, and other teams know it. Let's hope the Fins do. Right now he's worth a 5th MAYBE. Personally I think Rosen makes Tannehill look like Marino and would rather just wait until the good QB draft next year.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:11 pm

Two realistic suitors for Rosen: Miami and Washington.

For the right price I'd do it.

Still liking a trade down right now; we need extra picks

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down