The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphin draft busts still in the league

+3
JMP
DolFan 316
HalCHorn
7 posters

Go down

Dolphin draft busts still in the league Empty Dolphin draft busts still in the league

Post by HalCHorn Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:11 pm

While we wait on substantial TC happenings, here's some reading made available today:

https://phinphanatic.com/2021/07/11/6-former-miami-dolphins-draft-busts-that-are-still-in-the-league/

Random thoughts:

We've had so many of these mainly due to all the regime changes and half-measures, really going all the way back to the change from Shula to JJ. Norman Hand and Chris Gray flourished elsewhere after JJ cut them, for example.

Billy Turner's story is very similar to Wade Smith's. Both got rushed into playing (in Smith's case, stuck at LT as a rookie, both out of position and not ready to start in the NFL) due to a thin O-line, cut after a coaching change, didn't really bloom until each was in his late 20's, but became a multi-year starter for a perennial playoff team. In Wade Smith's case, he just needed to play LG instead of LT.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Dolphin draft busts still in the league Empty Re: Dolphin draft busts still in the league

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Don't even get me started on Wade Smith Dolphin draft busts still in the league 1f621 Dolphin draft busts still in the league 1f621 Dolphin draft busts still in the league 1f621

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Dolphin draft busts still in the league Empty Re: Dolphin draft busts still in the league

Post by JMP Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:43 pm

So much of it comes down to player development - and that means not just helping a player get better, but also having the foresight to know how/where to best use the player to get the most out of him. JJ was the last coach to really develop players for the Phins - and he only did it on the defensive side. After that, every coach we've had was always looking for the quick fix, and didn't bother to work with a player that struggled early. Philbin and Gase were the worst at that.

Anyway, Flores and his staff are a breath of fresh air. True player development, from top to bottom.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:56 am

Dallas Thomas. Geeze! I think when Sleepy Grandpa Queasy Joe started telling the media that Dallas Thomas had played well was when I realized that Joe Philbin was a never going to be a good Head Coach. When everyone could see "That number 63 stinks!" and then the HC is making himself look like a full-fledged IDJIT talking about how well he played!

One good thing Adam Gase did I guess... He got rid of the lame-arsed O-line Grandpa Queasy Joe loved.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:28 pm

What, no mention of Tua Tagovailoa 😂😂😂

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:49 am

CarsonChris wrote:What, no mention of Tua Tagovailoa 😂😂😂

We have to give him at least two seasons before we can call him a bust.

I say by his third year, we will know for sure.

I mean... Do you know how hard it is for Saban to sit a winning QB and play the passing QB!
Tua had the skills to make Saban go against his instincts and sit Jalen Hurts!

If we can get just a semblance of THAT Tua for the Phins, we would all be happy I think.

Well, not DF316, but....

Razz
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 pm

It's too early to call Tua a bust, particularly because of the f'd up 2020 season of COVIDiquity.

I mean, even Henne got 2 years before people started wanting him dead.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:15 pm

Is Tannehill listed as a bust, or is this his "make or break year" in Tennessee?

Dolphin draft busts still in the league 1f606
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:54 pm

Tannehill is a good QB in Tennessee, and his stats bear that out. Note, I used the word "good".

Degarmo

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down