The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pussification

+5
HalCHorn
rightchea
DolFan 316
JMP
CarsonChris
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pussification Empty Pussification

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:08 am

Miami might not have the talent this year and I can live with that. What I can’t live with is a team that isn’t tough. I hope all the practice outside instead of in the tent ends the past decade of Miami pussification! I want scrapers on the field. Bloody the other team even in a loss. I am so glad Gase is gone!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Pussification Empty Re: Pussification

Post by JMP Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:54 am

Agreed 1000%. I want to see a tough team that plays smart and disciplined and kicks the other team's ass physically, even if the game ends in a loss.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Welp, so much for that!

Forget winning, it'll be a legit miracle if this team loses to anyone by less than two TDs this season. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Ugh. Just completely outplayed in every phase.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Suck for Luck, I mean Tank for Tua! We knew they were going to do this.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Suck for Luck, I mean Tank for Tua! We knew they were going to do this.

Tanking is one thing. Setting franchise records for largest margin of defeat, most points allowed, and giving every indication this sort of thing will happen every time out is taking it to a level that might be unprecedented in all of human sports history. As I said in the game thread, I am fully expecting this tank job to be so obvious that the league steps in and takes away all that draft capital to "protect the shield". While allowing the Pats to get Antonio Brown without giving up anything, of course. No collusion or tampering there, right? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:36 pm

PFT report that multiple players want out of Miami. I guess they dont believe the hype

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:48 pm

rightchea wrote:PFT report that multiple players want out of Miami. I guess they dont believe the hype

You beat me to it. But at least I'm providing the link Cool

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/08/early-mutiny-in-miami/

Do you guys understand what I've been trying to tell you now? This has reached Defcon 1 level. Shit's about to get real. Like, "possible worst disaster in sports history" real.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Nah, people have short memories.  Take a look at this game by game list:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/1989.htm

This is what it looks like.  It will be ugly.  And everyone will overreact, all year long, just like everyone here in Dallas did 30 years ago.  

2019 Miami Dolphins looks a lot like that, both in terms of what is on the field right now and in future draft haul.  

And yes, 59-10 sucks, but it is against a division winner with its young QB already in place and playing with a huge chip on his shoulder because of what happened to him in the playoff game last year.   And we just dismantled absolutely everything literally days ago.

It was uglier than I thought it would be, but I'm not worried long term, and yes, I think Flores is the right coach and Grier is the right GM.

If anyone needs to panic after one week, it's Browns fans, who really might have hired the wrong guy.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:01 pm

Oh, and if anyone really is wanting out after one 59-10 game, we'd likely be better off long term without them. Any player on that field today needs to be concerned with doing a better job next week, period.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:05 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Nah, people have short memories.  Take a look at this game by game list:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/1989.htm

This is what it looks like.  It will be ugly.  And everyone will overreact, all year long, just like everyone here in Dallas did 30 years ago.  

2019 Miami Dolphins looks a lot like that, both in terms of what is on the field right now and in future draft haul.  

And yes, 59-10 sucks, but it is against a division winner with its young QB already in place and playing with a huge chip on his shoulder because of what happened to him in the playoff game last year.   And we just dismantled absolutely everything literally days ago.

It was uglier than I thought it would be, but I'm not worried long term, and yes, I think Flores is the right coach and Grier is the right GM.

If anyone needs to panic after one week, it's Browns fans, who really might have hired the wrong guy.

The world's a much different place now than it was 30 years ago. Players act far more like children and handle the least little bit of adversity far worse. You've got guys retiring at halftime and whining their way of teams just so they can get signed by the Pats. 30 years ago no player would be dumb enough to accuse his team's owner of racism right after he'd hired a black head coach. These players saw what Antonio Brown just got away with and think they can do it too because they're just that delusional.

Also, there's no evidence that the same guy who was part of the pathetic personnel poop of the past 20 years before being promoted to GM knows squat, other than to get extra draft picks. The Browns got more extra picks than any team I have ever seen and what did it get them? 1-32 that's what. And Flores is clearly--CLEARLY just another Pats' assistant who suddenly got a whole lot dumber once he left.

No, this is something far, far worse than just tanking a season. This is the permanent destruction of a franchise we're witnessing here. I can feel it. In all my years as the Potentate Of Pessimism, I have never EVER felt this way before, not even during '07.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:08 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Oh, and if anyone really is wanting out after one 59-10 game, we'd likely be better off long term without them.  Any player on that field today needs to be concerned with doing a better job next week, period.

Problem is, you need a certain amount of players to field a team. Also, if this keeps up nobody will want to sign with the Fins in the offseason. NOBODY. And whoever this team drafts could refuse to sign and get away with it because it's 2019 and that's what the world is like.

I never thought I'd say this, but something has to be done to make players believe this team is worth playing for, and fast. We're looking at the biggest team revolt in NFL history here. It's absolutely ludicrous that players can just lay down and then expect other teams to actually want them, but it's reality and must be dealt with.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:17 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Oh, and if anyone really is wanting out after one 59-10 game, we'd likely be better off long term without them.  Any player on that field today needs to be concerned with doing a better job next week, period.

cheers cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:33 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

I never thought I'd say this, but something has to be done to make players believe this team is worth playing for, and fast. We're looking at the biggest team revolt in NFL history here. It's absolutely ludicrous that players can just lay down and then expect other teams to actually want them, but it's reality and must be dealt with.

There's no revolt. Who's going to revolt? This roster is made up almost entirely of young players that had no chance elsewhere and are lucky to be in the NFL, making a helluva lot more money than they could flipping burgers. Sure, maybe a vet like Reshad Jones might be complaining...but he's part of the problem and isn't going to be a Dolphin much longer anyway.

Don't fall into the trap that the Miami media is spinning up...there's no revolt.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:43 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

There's no revolt.  Who's going to revolt?  This roster is made up almost entirely of young players that had no chance elsewhere and are lucky to be in the NFL, making a helluva lot more money than they could flipping burgers.  Sure, maybe a vet like Reshad Jones might be complaining...but he's part of the problem and isn't going to be a Dolphin much longer anyway.  

Don't fall into the trap that the Miami media is spinning up...there's no revolt.

All indications are that there is. Don't fall into the trap of assuming other people are as sane and sensible as you and I and others here. because they're not even close. WE know it makes absolutely no sense for players to revolt, but we're not the players. Did it make sense for Antonio Brown to act the way he did all summer? But he got what he wanted all along because of it and it's already opened the floodgates for other players to think they can do the same, mark my words.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Great points, but not every player has the leverage Antonio Brown has. Much like Eric Dickerson, Terrell Owens, and other talented head cases before him, he can force his way out of a team and have another suitor immediately.

Most of the 2019 Dolphins? Not nearly that kind of leverage. Howard is the only player on this team at that level.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Great points, but not every player has the leverage Antonio Brown has.  Much like Eric Dickerson, Terrell Owens, and other talented head cases before him, he can force his way out of a team and have another suitor immediately.

Most of the 2019 Dolphins?  Not nearly that kind of leverage.  Howard is the only player on this team at that level.

Again, WE know this because WE have sense and logic and rationality. But WE'RE NOT THE PLAYERS. We haven't been raised from birth to believe we're the most special perfect individual in the universe, and silly things like rules and laws don't apply to us ever. We haven't been brainwashed into literal insanity.

And as long as I'm being real, for Flores and Grier to not even take this into account when making all that nonsensical roster churn THE WEEK BEFORE THIS GAME when anybody who hasn't been living in a cave KNOWS how people under 35 behave and think is idiotic. There's just no other way to describe it. They really didn't have a clue that the players would react this way and that's completely on them. The days of telling knuckleheads to get over it, suck it up and quit whining are gone, probably forever. That approach just plain won't work anymore. I'm NOT saying it's right, I'm saying it's reality.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:25 pm

What is this supposed revolt about? No taxation without representation? Give me a break...the Dolphins lost a game. The team will watch the tape, and move on. No one is revolting.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:20 am

JMP wrote:What is this supposed revolt about?  No taxation without representation?  Give me a break...the Dolphins lost a game.  The team will watch the tape, and move on.  No one is revolting.

Just playing the devil's advocate here.  As it sits, we have solid evidence that being a pissy kitty will get you traded.  As far as the Dolphins are concerned, they already did it with Stills.  The players now more than ever are concerned with the concept of injury and lost money and all of that.  There's really very few people that do it all for the love of the game anymore.  Hell, they don't really see contracts as even mildly binding these days.  It's part of the rot of the structure of integrity that has been taking place for a couple decades.

So, whereas I believe nearly none of the really young guys will revolt, because they have no leverage and doing so would blacklist them in the league pretty much, anyone out of a rookie deal could easily become a serious issue.

No way to find that out until we see what happens though, and it is just one game, one really awful game where it was evident that this supposed "tougher defense" had many players completely check out in the first quarter.

What concerns me most about all this is the prime time media essentially saying we're tanking, with nothing but circumstantial evidence.  I don't remember a team just outright getting accused of that so early on in a season, on prime time television, in my life.  If that keeps up, you can be assured that 316's thoughts about the NFL getting involved to protect the sanctity of the shield may well come to pass.  It's irresponsible for the media to cast those kinds of aspersions, regardless of appearances.  There is far much more of a chance that the Dolphins are a just a really shitty team, as everyone, EVERYONE with a football mind thought they'd be.  To start this "tanking" shit as if it were fact, is completely irresponsible, and a totally predictable move by today's click-bait media.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:33 am

THANK YOU DEGARMO!!! SOMEBODY GETS WHAT I'M SAYING!!! cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 am

Degarmo wrote:

So, whereas I believe nearly none of the really young guys will revolt, because they have no leverage and doing so would blacklist them in the league pretty much, anyone out of a rookie deal could easily become a serious issue.

No way to find that out until we see what happens though, and it is just one game, one really awful game where it was evident that this supposed "tougher defense" had many players completely check out in the first quarter.

Again, what is there to revolt about? The players missed tackles, missed blocks, blew assignments, dropped punts, dropped passes. That's on them, as the tape will show.

I didn't see players checking out. I saw players getting their asses kicked, but I saw them still competing. They just weren't good, period.

And how is anyone on this team going to become a "serious issue"? Who? All we have are Xavien Howard and a bunch of scrubs, and X is too busy counting his money to complain. If there's someone complaining, that's good - we know where they stand and they can GTFO and go find a new job. Buy in or get out, and the sooner we lose players like that the better.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:44 am

Degarmo wrote:...the NFL getting involved to protect the sanctity of the shield may well come to pass.

i'm just worried about our idiot owner making a knee jerk reaction when his stadium continues to be less than a quarter filled. how much support will Flores and Grier get when the local TV blackouts start dropping in successive weeks?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:13 am

Degarmo wrote:

What concerns me most about all this is the prime time media essentially saying we're tanking, with nothing but circumstantial evidence.  I don't remember a team just outright getting accused of that so early on in a season, on prime time television, in my life.  If that keeps up, you can be assured that 316's thoughts about the NFL getting involved to protect the sanctity of the shield may well come to pass.  It's irresponsible for the media to cast those kinds of aspersions, regardless of appearances.  There is far much more of a chance that the Dolphins are a just a really shitty team, as everyone, EVERYONE with a football mind thought they'd be.  To start this "tanking" shit as if it were fact, is completely irresponsible, and a totally predictable move by today's click-bait media.

Interesting take, and I do agree that the media is fueling this fire. Like Mike Florio, who has absolutely zero connection to the Dolphins, starting this whole bullshit "everyone wants to be traded" garbage.

I think you're right: at this point, we're just a really awful team. All the experts had us ranked as the #32 team, and now that we played like it, people seem surprised. Yes, even I couldn't have predicted 59-10...but really, is it a surprise?? It shouldn't be.

I find it really odd that Dolfans are throwing Flores under the bus for yesterday's loss. If anything, blame Grier: he's the one that is doing all the roster churning. I personally don't have a problem with what Grier has done. I'm totally fine with the roster changes: dumping garbage and bringing in new potentially-better garbage is what we need to do this season, as a result of the cap clean-up, and it's going to happen every week unless we miraculously stumble on some great players. But I don't see how anyone expected Flores to turn this trash into gold in less than a week. This loss is NOT on him. He's NOT tanking...he's just trying to work with a pathetic roster.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:31 am

Actually, Flores has more to do with the roster-churn than most think. I heard that Greer defaults to Flores on a lot of the roster decisions.

The thing is, you are going to have another huge roster overhaul next year, as well. Hopefully, the difference will be the quality of the new players being brought in.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:34 am

This situation looks like the Browns when they went 0-16 that year just to get a #1 pick. Miami doesn't have the need to be #1 but at the same time Miami does need to find players that are willing to go and show that they are willing to win. You can't find players in FA that wants to play for a team that is willingly tanking for a first pick in the draft next year. This is what the GM and owner need to realize. This happens to often especially in other sports such as the NBA and MLB. No one wants to go to the Marlins or Mariners nor does anyone want to go to the Timberwolves or Wizards. Miami is setting themselves up for a hole they can't dig themselves out of.

The other issue is that they traded away players that they said they value. Who wants to go to a team that lies about players they want to keep. Trading Tunsil and Stills might not break the locker room but finding good players with FA knowing that you might get traded will also kill Miami in the long run.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum