The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pussification

+5
HalCHorn
rightchea
DolFan 316
JMP
CarsonChris
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pussification - Page 2 Empty Re: Pussification

Post by JMP Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:40 am

scotgif wrote:Actually, Flores has more to do with the roster-churn than most think. I heard that Greer defaults  to Flores on a lot of the roster decisions.

The thing is, you are going to have another huge roster overhaul next year, as well. Hopefully, the difference will be the quality of the new players being brought in.

Well sure, the coach has some say - that's the way it should be.  But Grier is the guy that makes it happen,

Yes, next year there will be a huge roster change too.  That's part of the plan.  The difference being, with so many high picks and cap space, we can bring in good players instead of fringe players.

Last edited by JMP on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:51 am

rightchea wrote:This situation looks like the Browns when they went 0-16 that year just to get a #1 pick. Miami doesn't have the need to be #1 but at the same time Miami does need to find players that are willing to go and show that they are willing to win. You can't find players in FA that wants to play for a team that is willingly tanking for a first pick in the draft next year. This is what the GM and owner need to realize. This happens to often especially in other sports such as the NBA and MLB. No one wants to go to the Marlins or Mariners nor does anyone want to go to the Timberwolves or Wizards. Miami is setting themselves up for a hole they can't dig themselves out of.

The other issue is that they traded away players that they said they value. Who wants to go to a team that lies about players they want to keep. Trading Tunsil and Stills might not break the locker room but finding good players with FA knowing that you might get traded will also kill Miami in the long run.

Plenty of players will want to come to the Dolphins next offseason.  Money talks, and the Phins have plenty of it.  But I don't think they will target top-tier FAs anyway. Most likely younger, ascending players.

Who did they trade that they valued besides Tunsil?  Stills and Alonso were ALWAYS going to get traded - all the Phins needed was to find someone willing to take their garbage contracts.  Same with Jones...the second they find a stupid GM that will take that contract, he's gone.

When did the Dolphins lie???  Trading Tunsil wasn't a lie...the Phins received an offer they couldn't refuse - simple as that.  And looking ahead, would you have wanted to make Tunsil the highest-paid lineman in NFL history???  I sure as hell wouldn't.  Let the Texans overpay for a good not great player.  Those days are over in Miami.

Last edited by JMP on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:30 pm

What JMP said^^^^^
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:06 pm

People rely on trust when it comes to what people say and do. If you told someone that you value them then fire the next day just because you thought you were getting a good deal out of it means that a new FA might be on that same chopping block. As a FA I wouldn't want to go to a team that would team that they wanted me to play then the next thing I know I might be out the next minute. players and agents see that and will keep that in mind when Miami is looking for players in the off-season

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:25 pm

rightchea wrote:People rely on trust when it comes to what people say and do. If you told someone that you value them then fire the next day just because you thought you were getting a good deal out of it means that a new FA might be on that same chopping block. As a FA I wouldn't want to go to a team that would team that they wanted me to play then the next thing I know I might be out the next minute. players and agents see that and will keep that in mind when Miami is looking for players in the off-season

Really it's no different than any other job - people get fired every day. It's a business and the company has to do what is best for the company. If Laremy Tunsil got his feelings hurt, maybe it's time for him to grow up and realize that playing football is his job, and shit happens. If any NFL player doesn't know by now that their job is always on the line and they can get cut or traded at any moment, then they need to get their head out of their ass.

On free agency: Free agents can go wherever they want, as long as there is mutual interest. And you know what EVERY free agent wants more than anything? It's not job security...it's guaranteed money. The Dolphins have it.

And - after one game everyone is ready to bury Flores. But what if after 16 games the team is playing tough, disciplined football and things are looking up? Point being, we have no idea how any of this will play out. One game is not a measuring stick, and it's MUCH too early to worry about free agents being scared to sign.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:47 pm

I am sure most of the players do not want to be part of a shellacking like the Ravens administered.

But how many of the players on the roster that another team WOULD WANT to trade for?

Howard? Yeah, but he is not going anywhere.

Jones? His Tannenbaum-arsed contract means no other team is willing to take him?

Drake? Parker? Wilkins? Minkah?

Most of the guys that just got here, do not have any other options...unless the Phins kick them to the curb. And for that to happen, they would have to play so lousy would another team want them?

Just another team going thru a massive rebuild with a first year HC and first year GM.

This season they get for free. Next year though....they trot  out a newly minted roster the week before the first game and are still signing players to play on the O-line and there will be a revolt: by the Phans!!

It's gonna be a long, long year.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:43 pm

finfanatic wrote:

This season they get for free. Next year though....they trot  out a newly minted roster the week before the first game and are still signing players to play on the O-line and there will be a revolt: by the Phans!!

Absolutely. Everything is being put in place for 2020. If there is not SIGNIFICANT improvement in 2020, then it's a fail.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:44 am

The other thing too is this. No one is safe in a regime change. No one should have trusted their job was safe. Those that did are complacent, don't want to work and can, quite frankly, fuck off.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:40 am

definitely get that but people rely on trust if you tell someone that we like a want to keep you then surprise you traded then that different. I also understand that the Texans offered the world just for two players as well. so funny that it not even possible on Madden to get that type of deal. I tried twice.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 am

rightchea wrote:I also understand that the Texans offered the world just for two players as well. so funny that it not even possible on Madden to get that type of deal. I tried twice.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum