The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami screwed up

+3
rightchea
JMP
JEGnj
7 posters

Go down

Miami screwed up Empty Miami screwed up

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Tannehill looking real good. Miami screwed up. Who know he actually needed the 8th season to turn into a good NFL QB. We could be looking at 4 or 5 wins and the 15th pick this season instead of tanking and rebuilding. cheers
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Miami screwed up Empty Re: Miami screwed up

Post by JMP Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Too funny! Typical Tannehill...he's having a good game, but his team has just 10 points.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Oppps 2 sacks, 1 dump and long run from RB but called back on penalty, and punt on that possession. That's the Tanny we know.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Tannehill ended up having a good game and the Titans got the win. Nobody chokes more than the Chargers...unbelievable.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:45 pm

Tannehill looks good one game and then the next game he looks like shit. that the player he is

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am

rightchea wrote:Tannehill looks good one game and then the next game he looks like shit. that the player he is

Exactly. We've seen that movie too many times!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 am

They screwed up all right. Not by trading Tannehill, but by trading for Rosen.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 am

DolFan 316 wrote:They screwed up all right. Not by trading Tannehill, but by trading for Rosen.

Could be worse...we could have drafted Sam Darnold! Laughing

Gase the QB whisperer sure is working his magic on Darnold! sunny

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 am

Gase the QB whisperer sure is working his magic on Darnold!

Year one and he's already got the Jets right on track! To fire him after next season...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:05 am

it messed up that ESPN put the audio out that Darnold was seeing ghost but at the same time that Gase fault for calling his players at 2am.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:17 am

rightchea wrote:it messed up that ESPN put the audio out that Darnold was seeing ghost but at the same time that Gase fault for calling his players at 2am.

No wonder Darnold was seeing ghosts...he was under constant pressure.  Gase's playcalling in that game was atrocious.  He kept calling plays with an empty backfield even though the Patriots were getting pressure on every play.  And he knew the Patriots were blitzing constantly, but he continued to call plays with receivers running 15-yard routes.  Darnold had no time to complete those passes...why not call middle screens or quick slants?  Of course, Darnold couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in that game, so maybe it wouldn't have mattered!

Just like in Miami, Gase continues to call short passes when he should go long, and long passes when he should go short...he always thinks he's smarter than everyone else, but all he does is prove how clueless he is.

Last edited by JMP on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:34 am

I was even more surprised that Gregg Williams defense did so little to slow down the Pats. Buffalo had some success slowing them down, and so did the Giants.

I thought after what the Jets did to Dallas, we would see them harass and pressure Tom Brady and overwhelm what looks like an uncharacteristically weak Pats o-line. Did not happen.

Perhaps Gase DOES have a hand in game planning on defense, and he's ruining them too? One can only hope...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:54 pm

The path for the Patriots to go 19-0 has never been clearer than this season. I'm legit concerned.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Degarmo wrote:The path for the Patriots to go 19-0 has never been clearer than this season.  I'm legit concerned.

Sure seems that way at the moment. The AFC is a joke, with no serious contenders to challenge the Pats. The NFC is overall a stronger conference, but I don't see any team that can beat the damn Patriots...except maybe the Saints. They could be our only hope to preserve the perfect season!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:27 pm

The Niners might have what they need to win especially since they got a new WR

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:20 pm

rightchea wrote:The Niners might have what they need to win especially since they got a new WR

Not sold on the Niners because Jimmy G and the passing game are very inconsistent...and I don't think Emmanuel Sanders solves that problem. Good team, but I don't see them as Super Bowl material.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:20 am

Degarmo wrote:The path for the Patriots to go 19-0 has never been clearer than this season.  I'm legit concerned.

They haven't played anyone. Pittsburgh was lousy at the start of the season, and since then they've had Miami, two Jets games, Redskins, Giants and the one good team they've played, Buffalo, turned the ball over 4 times and still almost won.

After this week's game with Cleveland, they get the Eagles, Cowboys, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans and a Bills rematch. There are two more easy marks with us and the Bengals, but no way they go 6-0 against the others. I think 13-3 or 14-2 is highly likely unfortunately.

Ravens and Chiefs look like the most legitimate challengers IMO. The former is a better ball control team, and Harbaugh has the most recent road playoff win in New England (granted, it was in 2012).

NFC looks tougher. The 49ers can't be discounted with that depth at running back and a defense that rivals New England's. I think the Saints look like the best overall team, and might well be better with Bridgewater than with Brees, honestly. (Brees is 40, and is starting to look like Marino and Favre did in the twilight--passes that threaded the needle a year or two ago are starting to get picked off.) Vikings and Packers also look legit. NFC West might be football's toughest division.

I think it will come down to the Saints vs. the 49ers there IMO.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:04 am

HalCHorn wrote:

They haven't played anyone.  Pittsburgh was lousy at the start of the season, and since then they've had Miami, two Jets games, Redskins, Giants and the one good team they've played, Buffalo, turned the ball over 4 times and still almost won.

After this week's game with Cleveland, they get the Eagles, Cowboys, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans and a Bills rematch.  There are two more easy marks with us and the Bengals, but no way they go 6-0 against the others.  I think 13-3 or 14-2 is highly likely unfortunately.

Ravens and Chiefs look like the most legitimate challengers IMO.   The former is a better ball control team, and Harbaugh has the most recent road playoff win in New England (granted, it was in 2012).

NFC looks tougher.  The 49ers can't be discounted with that depth at running back and a defense that rivals New England's.  I think the Saints look like the best overall team, and might well be better with Bridgewater than with Brees, honestly.  (Brees is 40, and is starting to look like Marino and Favre did in the twilight--passes that threaded the needle a year or two ago are starting to get picked off.)  Vikings and Packers also look legit.  NFC West might be football's toughest division.

I think it will come down to the Saints vs. the 49ers there IMO.

The Patriots schedule does get harder, but it should still be easy for them. Hard for me to take the Chiefs seriously with that horrid defense, and now with Mahomes likely missing a few games. The Ravens have a strong team as always, but are inconsistent. It will be really interesting to see what Belichick comes up with to slow down Lamar Jackson. The Eagles D sucks and their offense is easy to shut down. The Cowboys are up and down, as are the Texans, and the Bills are not winning in New England. I think we have to hope the Ravens run all over New England, but I wouldn't count on it.

I agree that the NFC should come down to Saints vs. Niners. I also agree that the Saints may be better with Bridgewater. I feel like their offense is more consistent now that Bridgewater is comfortable and in command.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down