The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two QB draft?

+7
finskev
Degarmo
JMP
rightchea
DolFan 316
HalCHorn
CarsonChris
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Two QB draft?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Two QB draft?

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Yeah, I'd love Bridgewater, but it isn't happening. He's played his way into a big contract whether he leaves New Orleans or not, and good for him.

Hey, no high first round pick is a guarantee and some mid-round picks make it. Just keep taking guys until you have one, and don't reach for any of them.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:31 am

We have to many holes not to get 2 possibly 3 elite players in this draft, and I don’t necessarily mean QB. Miami has put itself in the greatest position of any team in history cap and draft wise. They aren’t really forced to do anything. A blank canvas!

I think that Tua getting hurt enhances the fluidity of this plan. I like Tua but is he the best player available on a team needing soooo many players? IMHO, I think it forces them to look at other players. With a good draft haul in 2021, we could get a QB next year as well. My priories would be to build the OL and DL(pass rush) and secondary!

With the success of Lamar Jackson, I think one QB who is severely underrated who has had some small success in th NFL but is used as a utility guy is Taysom Hill. I’ve followed him a lot and I am intrigued. He’d be cheap and definitely fired up to compete to be a starter. I’d take him and whoever we pick this year and next.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:16 pm

Everyone still has Burrow on the lower tier:

Round 1 Pick 21 (DAL): Walker Little, OT, Stanford (B+)
Round 1 Pick 23: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A-)
Round 1 Pick 25 (K.C.): DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 15 (PHI): Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt (A-)
Round 2 Pick 18 (CAR): Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami (B-)
Round 2 Pick 21 (DAL): Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (B)
Round 2 Pick 30: Paddy Fisher, ILB/OLB, Northwestern (B)
Round 2 Pick 32 (K.C.): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (B)
Round 3 Pick 4: Tarik Black, WR, Michigan (B+)
Round 3 Pick 15 (PHI): Curtis Weaver, OLB/DE, Boise State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (K.C.): Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 4 Pick 15 (PHI): Glen Logan, DT, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 17: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)
Round 5 Pick 15: Kaleb Kim, C, Auburn (C)
Round 6 Pick 4: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama (A-)
Round 6 Pick 21: Jonathan Garvin, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 7 Pick 25: Charles Snowden, OLB, Virginia (A)

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Umix10 wrote:We have to many holes not to get 2 possibly 3 elite players in this draft, and I don’t necessarily mean QB.  Miami has put itself in the greatest position of any team in history cap and draft wise.  They aren’t really forced to do anything.  A blank canvas!

I think that Tua getting hurt enhances the fluidity of this plan.  I like Tua but is he the best player available on a team needing soooo many players?  IMHO, I think it forces them to look at other players.  With a good draft haul in 2021, we could get a QB next year as well.  My priories would be to build the OL and DL(pass rush) and secondary!

With the success of Lamar Jackson, I think one QB who is severely underrated who has had some small success in th NFL but is used as a utility guy is Taysom Hill.  I’ve followed him a lot and I am intrigued.  He’d be cheap and definitely fired up to compete to be a starter.  I’d take him and whoever we pick this year and next.

I think a "good draft haul" in 2020 MUST include a QB...we can't go into next season with just Fitz and Rosen and then pray that we get a QB in 2021. QB MUST be the priority in 2020...not necessarily with our first pick, but definitely a guy with high upside that will be expected to be a starter soon.

As for Taysom Hill - he's almost 30 years old and has thrown 9 passes in three years. He's a part-time gadget player, not an NFL QB.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:07 pm

Here's what I came up with. Had to take the trade down, got Indy's first rounder in 2021 along with their # 18 and #36, too much to pass up.

Round 1 Pick 18 (IND): Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 22: Dylan Moses, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A-)
Round 1 Pick 25: Rashard Lawrence, DT/DE, LSU (B)
Round 2 Pick 3: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 4 (IND): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (ATL): Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (JAX): Tommy Kraemer, OG/OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 4 Pick 6 (ATL): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9 (JAX): Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: Grant Calcaterra, TE, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Zach Shackelford, C, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Julian Blackmon, CB, Utah (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4 (WASH): Steven Gonzalez, OG, Penn State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5 (WASH): Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick (IND)
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:06 am

A lot of people are talking about that QB from WSU Anthony Gordon. I see him as a late round pick up. Might be a good backup/starter

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:32 am

rightchea wrote:A lot of people are talking about that QB from WSU Anthony Gordon. I see him as a late round pick up. Might be a good backup/starter

Yeah, definitely a late-round pick. He's a senior, but this is his only season as a starter. Highly productive this season with 45 TDs and almost 5000 yards, but he's also thrown 14 picks. That's a very QB-friendly system too, with Gardner Minshew putting up crazy numbers last year...so you have to wonder how much of the success is the system and how much is Gordon?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am

kinda reminds me of Tannehill. The Titans was the best move for Tanny and he looks like a actual starter

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:42 am

We saw some excellent play from Tanny here in Miami.

To be honest, he was probably more part of the solution than the problem. But at 7 years and counting it was time to move on. The fan base would never have accepted an approach of "rebuild but keep the QB we still don't know is a franchise QB..."

It's still likely IMO he will be a good or even very good starter. But everything around him is going to have to be perfect to win games in the playoffs. Very few teams can pull that off.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:18 pm

Tannehill will never be evaluated properly for his time in Miami. Nor can you. He's had too many coordinators and too many coaches to figure out what he can and cant do.

His success in Tennessee could be attributed to better players around him, but more importantly and the key to me, he wasn't the savior of that franchise. The expectations were lower.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Tannehill is what he's always been - a QB that can look good for a stretch here and there, but always regresses to mediocrity. I've seen him a couple of times this year, and quite frankly he looks more lucky than good. I've seen him throw several passes that should have been intercepted but ended up being receptions, and I've seen him take a ton of unnecessary sacks and he fumbles way too much. He's fool's gold...just when you think he's turned the corner, he shits the bed. He's a dead end.

And yes, I do agree with Umix that being in a no pressure situation has helped Tannehill - he's basically playing with house money: no one expected him to do anything.

Give me Fitz ANY DAY over Tannehill.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Tannehill is actually getting sacked as frequently as he ever has. (Check his sack % in the link.) His yards per attempt is what really jumps out though, it's far higher than any other season Shocked

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm

Also, the Titans have allowed almost as many sacks as the Fins, despite having a far better O-line on paper.

http://pfref.com/tiny/OvxQ2

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Tannehill is playing well. He's capable of doing that for stretches. But when you realize that he'd be starting his first playoff game after 8 years IF the Titans get there...well, that tells you it was time to move on.

Griffin, Luck and Wilson had all started a playoff game by the end of the 2012 season, for point of comparison; Foles was added to that list in 2013 and Cousins in 2015. When you've started exactly as many playoff games as Brandon Weeden in your 8th season.....

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:31 am

HalCHorn wrote:  When you've started exactly as many playoff games as Brandon Weeden in your 8th season.....

lol! That sums it up right there!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:32 pm

I have no problem with Miami doubling down on QB picks. You don’t have anything in the NFL without a franchise QB. We’ve discussed this since Marino.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:33 pm

I've got my eye on this Nix dude from Auburn now. He beat Herbert head to head, and he just hung 48 on Alabama and beaten them too Shocked Shocked Shocked

Plus you just know this team will need to draft a QB 2-3 years down the road.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:02 pm

We'll get to see several of these guys next weekend in the clutch. Myself, I'm looking forward to Friday night's Pac championship, and I'll be watching Herbert and Huntley both.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:42 am

Yeah I can't wait til this weekend definitely get to see what these guys are made of

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2