The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua medical recheck

3 posters

Go down

Tua medical recheck Empty Tua medical recheck

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 am

Tagovailoa, according to the report, participated voluntarily in a medical recheck facilitated by the NFL Combine with an independent doctor that was selected by NFL team physicians. Results were “overwhelmingly positive,” according to NFL Network.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport said all NFL team doctors were permitted to provide input on what exams they wanted to see conducted and a comprehensive exam was performed, with results shared with all 32 teams. His agency said he has now performed all his medical obligations.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article241714446.html

certainly good news.

but why does Lombardi say...

“They cleared him, thank God they cleared him,” former Patriots and Raiders executive Mike Lombardi said sarcastically in an interview with vsinlive. “Dr. Leigh Steinberg’s office cleared him…. If Tua passed a physical, 32 teams in the NFL don’t know about it. Let me put it that way.”

Lombardi was kiddingly referencing Steinberg, one of Tagovailoa’s agents, along with Chris Cabott.

odd.

but then...

...the man who oversaw football operations for the Dolphins until last season says not only should his former team not trade up for Tagovailoa, but that it would be “irresponsible” to select him at all in the top 10 of this month’s NFL Draft.

Asked on ESPN’s First Take about whether he would trade up for Tagovailoa, Mike Tannenbaum — who’s now a commentator for the network — said: “In this environment I simply can’t do that for an organization when you look at the type of guaranteed money you have [for picks that high. Arizona quarterback and 2019 No. 1 overall pick] Kyler Murray had $25 million in fully guaranteed money.

“You just don’t know [how his health really is]. You want your own doctors, your own trainers, your own strength coaches to work with Tua, see mobility, see range of motion. And because we’re in this very unique environment, it would be irresponsible to take him in the top 10 simply because you don’t have information first hand to know exactly where he is.”

“It is an opportunity because the upside is so compelling, he is so talented [but] this is a conversation you want to have with your owner and your head coach and say, ‘Hey, if we are sitting here in January and he has to miss another year because this is an injury that’s hard to predict. It’s not a well-vascularized part of the body in terms of you could have re-injury.

“I want the owner to sign off to know if, ‘Hey, if this goes sideways, remember this conversation. This is a huge risk. And by the way, this player has been hurt two other times.’

“He is injury-prone and I want to make sure we’re in lockstep and this is a true partnership because I would rather take a safer player in the top 10 this year because of the unique circumstances. I would want to make sure the owner is ironclad with our decision.”

that's it. if Tannenbaum says don't take him...then the Phins should run to the (virtual) podium to select Tua as soon as they can.

but this actual says a lot more about Tannenbaum than it does Tua. clearly Miike operated out of fear and his first priority was getting owner assurance to make sure he wouldn't get blamed for anything - rather than, you know, taking chances to build a great team. "U would rather take a safer player." that says it all.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Tua medical recheck Empty Re: Tua medical recheck

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:32 am

I heard Tua measured in at 6ft 5 inches and ran the forty in 4.2. Clearly he’s number 1.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:40 am

If he ran a 4.2 40, there is no way that the Bengals are going to go after Burrow but at the same time Burrow would be a safer option than Tua.

But in reality, I would go after Tua at 5 and then get another QB like Anthony Gordon or Cole McDonlad in the 5th or 6th. Nothing wrong with doubling up on QB. I have to hope for Rosen and Fitz is there to get those young guys ready.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down