The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Outsiders Sackseer Projections

4 posters

Go down

Football Outsiders Sackseer Projections  Empty Football Outsiders Sackseer Projections

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:56 pm

This BTW is the same model used to predict that Charles Harris would be a bust. Enjoy  Cool

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/sackseer-2020

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Football Outsiders Sackseer Projections  Empty Re: Football Outsiders Sackseer Projections

Post by white1 Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 am

I remember, and it was correct! Good read here.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Football Outsiders Sackseer Projections  Empty Re: Football Outsiders Sackseer Projections

Post by JMP Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Cool article.

They have Weaver rated very highly - good to see.

I really think A.J. Epenesa is an ideal fit for the Phins...he can play 3-4 and 4-3 DE and can also move inside on passing downs. Sure, I wish he was faster, but he was very productive in college and he's a strong dude. In round 2 he would be a good pick for the Phins IMO.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:08 pm

Good read as always.

Sackseer was right about Harris, no doubt, but they have their misses. They whiffed that same year on Jordan Willis (93.3 rating) and generally have at least one highly rated whiff per year. Tyus Bowser and Trey Hendriksen had ratings over 90 in 2017 also (I liked the latter) but to date haven't lived up to them, although both showed signs of progress last year with 5 and 4.5 sacks respectively for strong SB contenders.

Vince Biegel (39) and Taco Charlton (47) also got less than glowing projections that same year in 2017. Carl Lawson got a 27 rating but had a strong rookie year with 8 sacks, though he's tailed off since.

This year just doesn't look like a good year to need an edge rusher in the draft. I'd guess that perhaps someone outside of Young should succeed, but I wouldn't want to guess exactly who that would be.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down