The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Philbin and accountability

+7
DolFan 316
finskev
Triumph
CarsonChris
rightchea
Degarmo
JMP
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Joe Philbin and accountability - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Philbin and accountability

Post by Degarmo Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:23 am

You know why there's no law for Lazor?  Because his head coach doesn't have one inkling about how to lay one down.  When Lazor says this shit in the media, Philbin should call him into his office and ask him if he really wants to be an offensive coordinator or just an asshole who says really dumb shit to the media, because technically, with Philbin's experience, he should be able to devise and implement his own offensive scheme and not just let this guy play in the sandbox with his offensive team.

You know what, I'm done with offensive coordinator coaches.  They either are namby-pamby pussies with no spine, or they're giant egotistical assholes who think that their scheme is brilliant and then spend their entire careers trying to round-hole/square-peg guys into their dumbass systems, that most of the time are just gimmicky garbage anyway.

I'm ready for an actual head coach.  I'm tired of these wannabees spouting boring and trite rhetoric at the camera, all the while going back to their office to try and figure out what the hell it is that they're doing in that office in the first place.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Joe Philbin and accountability - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe Philbin and accountability

Post by white1 Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:33 am

he or somebody else is now deliberately sabotaging Philbin, possibly so they can take over when he's fired

Might be true. Might also be the worse political scheming ever devised by anyone in history.

With the way 2015 is shaping up, would Lazor (or the mystery saboteur) actually believe that ONLY Philbin will be fired? If this season ends up like it has started, we will have won less than five games and there will be a total housecleaning. The possibility that any of the coaches that are currently on staff are retained is slim. I could see Rizzi sticking for Special Teams. But a promotion for somebody currently on staff to head coach? No way in hell.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:13 am

well, according to Joe Philbin, we're all over-reacting.  the o-line isn't as bad as it looks...

“We’ve got a young player playing at right guard, Jamil Douglas,” Philbin said. “I think he’s done a lot of good things. … I’m not ready to pull the plug on him yet. We thought Dallas overall played a little bit better than he did last week.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article36853911.html

sure, Joe, sure...good things.  and wow, i didn't realize the arrow was pointing up on good ol' Dallas Thomas.  but gosh Joe, how do we explain...

He [Philbin] would not commit to changes to the offensive line, despite having the 71st (Dallas Thomas) and 74th (Jamil Douglas) ranked guards in the league (of 75 total guards), according to Pro Football Focus.

that's right Joe, don't change nuthin' - its all working out just fine.

since everything is fine on the O, its a good thing we have a fierce pass rush on the other side of the ball too.  but gee, sometimes getting to the QB is just so darn hard.  like that first week when them pesky Redskins pulled out all them cut blocks.  i mean really, how was Kevin Coyle supposed to prepare for something like that.  and now these Bills...

I don’t think we’ve had a tremendous amount of opportunity in terms of the pressure and the sacks. We’ve missed some opportunities. We’ve seen teams that are throwing the ball very quickly. We’ve seen teams a couple times yesterday that had seven-man-protections that make it very difficult to get there. We’ve just got to keep working at it. We have guys that we believe are excellent pass rushers and they’re going to keep on pushing and hopefully that’ll take care of itself as we move forward.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/09/everything-kevin-coyle-said-monday-about-his-defense.html

that's right Kev, not a lot of opportunities - teams just haven't really been throwing the ball at all.  and when they do throw it, they throw it quickly and actually block (i wonder if Lazor has thought about any of that).  i mean we can't expect our vaunted pass rushers to beat blocks can we?  but yea, just ignore it and, "hopefully that’ll take care of itself."  or could it be...

Meanwhile, PFF ranks Cam Wake 37th and Olivier Vernon 43rd among 45 defensive ends who play in a 4-3 defense. Each has no sacks and only two quarterback hurries.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/09/chalmers-leans-on-lebron-wade-during-summer-of-trade-rumors-.html

whew, now i feel all better. Joe and Kev have it all under control.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:34 am

I get that these guys have to talk "coachspeak", but damn, do they think we're all blind?? It's unbelievable - if they really believe what they're saying, then they're all certifiably insane. It's clear that this coacvhing staff has no answers. They're just a group of incompetent, bumbling idiots.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:08 pm

The lack of accountability comes from the top, as we've all stated. Last year's no-shows against the Ravens and Pats with the season on the line should have been more than enough to warrant a change, but Ross got giddy about one meaningless win at home against a sub-.500 team and announced Joe was coming back.

Seeing how the team reacted to that statement against the next sub-.500 team that visited the next week should have given Ross a clue, and made him say, "Look, I know I announced that, but I now believe that was a mistake, and I believe a change is needed." Nope, can't admit ya made a mistake, can ya? Can't have any accountability for a lack of effort at all. That last game, apparently, was all Mike Wallace's fault, since it was his head that rolled.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Degarmo wrote:You know why there's no law for Lazor?  Because his head coach doesn't have one inkling about how to lay one down.  When Lazor says this shit in the media, Philbin should call him into his office and ask him if he really wants to be an offensive coordinator or just an asshole who says really dumb shit to the media, because technically, with Philbin's experience, he should be able to devise and implement his own offensive scheme and not just let this guy play in the sandbox with his offensive team.

You know what, I'm done with offensive coordinator coaches.  They either are namby-pamby pussies with no spine, or they're giant egotistical assholes who think that their scheme is brilliant and then spend their entire careers trying to round-hole/square-peg guys into their dumbass systems, that most of the time are just gimmicky garbage anyway.

I'm ready for an actual head coach.  I'm tired of these wannabees spouting boring and trite rhetoric at the camera, all the while going back to their office to try and figure out what the hell it is that they're doing in that office in the first place.

Lazor is such a fraud. He talks a good game and looks the part, but on gameday he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. He just keeps running the same shit plays over and over, and piling up 3-and-outs like a squirrel gathering nuts for the winter. So sick of this assclown.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3