The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final game of the year?

4 posters

Go down

Final game of the year? Empty Final game of the year?

Post by CarsonChris Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:49 am

I hope we dine on roasted Buffalo this weekend. Win and we are in.

Buffalo brings in one of the new top quarterbacks in the league. Josh Allen seems to be getting better with every game.

The keys to this game will be keeping the score close. We can’t let Allen match them down the field for easy touchdowns. I hope our defense brings some different looks. Maybe disguise some safety blitzes. We need our defensive line to have some impactful plays. Put the Bills in third and long.

On offense, we need some explosive chunk yardage plays that will keep the underneath passing game open. It could get ugly really quick if we can’t throw more than 4 yards at a time. We need to get the running game working. Use some misdirection or draw plays to get some yardage. We need to keep the Bills guessing.

The kicking game needs to be on. I predict 4-5 field goal attempts in a close hard fought game. Special teams need to be on.

If we can play nearly perfect we have a chance. If we come out sloppy it will get ugly quickly.

A win and we are in as the 5th seed. A loss and we need some help.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Final game of the year? Empty Re: Final game of the year?

Post by JMP Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:08 am

It is unlikely that Buffalo's starters will play the full game. So that helps. Regardless, two keys to the game for me:

1. Find a way to keep Diggs in check. Beasley isn't playing. But John Brown is really good so we need to watch him too. But Diggs IS this offense - keep him in check and we can limit what Allen does.

2. Buffalo has a strong pass defense. But, they have a borderline-terrible run defense. The Phins have figured out how to run the ball the past few weeks, and that MUST continue Sunday. We need a monster game from Gaskin. And drives MUST end in TDs when the Phins have the ball.

So, keep Diggs in check, and run the ball and score TDs.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:58 am

We're not going to get any help from the teams we need to lose, so it truly is a "must win" situation:
--Jags will be facing the Colts without RB James Robinson
--Steelers are resting starters against the Browns
--Ravens are playing the Bengals - 'nuff said. The Bengals are on a win streak, but I can't see any way they beat Baltimore.

So it all comes down to the Phins beating the Bills. LET'S GO!!!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:51 pm

Yup, this will indeed be the final game. Expanded playoffs, everybody! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I still say starting 0-2 VS the Pats and Bills was the real killer. But it's not as if the other 10-win teams didn't have absurd woulda shoulda coulda losses either.

It's sickening, disgusting and nauseating to me that the Bills got a 2-year head start on getting good because they happened to get the right head coach first Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:43 pm

Win the game and get healthy for the Playoffs.
I don't think Miami is there yet but now they should be able to keep up with the big boys and gain some playoff experience.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down