The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suh "creating divisions" in Miami

4 posters

Go down

Suh "creating divisions" in Miami Empty Suh "creating divisions" in Miami

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:45 am

There’s plenty of fascinating clues to Suh’s tenure in Miami inside, but none more fascinating than this excerpt:

“Then along came our new coach. I disagreed with everything he wanted to do. But…nothing I said was being heard. I couldn’t get the support I wanted. I realized it was because I had 0 tact. If you’re not careful about how you do things, you end up being the bad guy.”

Dolphins head coach Adam Gase arrived in Miami after just one season (2015) of Suh on the roster. And, to Gase’s credit, Miami won 10 games in 2016 in Year 2 of Suh in South Florida. So which coach is he referring to here? Is it Matt Burke, who took over defensive coordinator duties in 2017 after Suh was on the roster for two seasons of play? Given Burke’s defensive performance, Suh would be justified to disagree with “everything he wanted to do”.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ndamukong-suh-comes-clean-role-110902118.html

the majority of the Suh's post are rambling on about him learning to value EQ, blah, blah, blah. but basically, it just sounds like he's grown up and realized that you don't always have to be an asshole. unfortunately for him, he was on a dysfunctional Dolphins team under a fraud of a head coach.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Suh "creating divisions" in Miami Empty Re: Suh "creating divisions" in Miami

Post by JMP Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:17 am

Good for Suh. It is refreshing to see professional athlete actually learn and mature.

What an absolute joke that coaching staff was. Pure garbage. Thanks God we have Flores now.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:49 am

Totally agree regarding Gase and his underwhelming, underqualified staff.

I still maintain my opinion that we would have been far better off with Dan Campbell at head coach. I'm fascinated to see how his tenure in Detroit will play out.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 am

Not to hijack the topic, but Flores was a big change in two ways from prior hires:

1) Dolphins didn't follow what everyone else was doing: Every other team was looking for "the next Sean McVay" that offseason and looking solely at offense minded coaches--Dolphins simply hired the guy who seemed like the best coach of the bunch (and I think they were right, two years later)

2) Dolphins didn't fixate on the new HC "just having to be" from one side of the ball. Philbin and Gase were the results of us "just having" to have "an offensive mind", never mind if said coach would make a good HC. Cam Cameron was another result of the same wrong-headed thinking. Sparano was the best of that foursome by default, simply by being mediocre instead of horrific as a HC.

Given that none of the other 2016 new hires worked out, we probably would have been better off keeping Campbell. Unfortunately Jay Ajayi and a weak schedule made Gase look much better than he was for one season.

Jeff Fisher seemed like the biggest competition for Philbin, so he would have been only a marginal improvement and certainly wouldn't have solved anything. He had a horrific record developing any QB not named Steve McNair (who might be underrated as hell since he dragged Fisher to a SB once). Only Chuck Pagano was a moderate success from that season's list of new NFL hires. I would have favored keeping Bowles over hiring Philbin FWIW.

Cameron....just about anyone would have been better. Hand an orangutan a cap and a whistle and he could have gone 1-15.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Not to hijack the topic, but Flores was a big change in two ways from prior hires:

1) Dolphins didn't follow what everyone else was doing: Every other team was looking for "the next Sean McVay" that offseason and looking solely at offense minded coaches--Dolphins simply hired the guy who seemed like the best coach of the bunch (and I think they were right, two years later)

2) Dolphins didn't fixate on the new HC "just having to be" from one side of the ball.  Philbin and Gase were the results of us "just having" to have "an offensive mind", never mind if said coach would make a good HC.  Cam Cameron was another result of the same wrong-headed thinking.  Sparano was the best of that foursome by default, simply by being mediocre instead of horrific as a HC.

Since hiring Flores was the first major move that Grier made as a true GM, it makes you wonder what he could have done if he had gotten that power sooner. I know Grier is still a target of hatred by many Dolfans (undeservedly so, IMO), but the Flores hire completely turned this franchise around. We went from absolute shitshow to legit contender (playoffs, if not Super Bowl) in just 2 years. Grier deserves credit for that turnaround, and for the change in philosophy we've seen this franchise undergo almost overnight. It's amazing how quickly things change when you dump incompetent people out of the organization, and hand the reins to people that actually know what they're doing.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down