The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brady - Payton Plan

+3
JMP
DolFan 316
white1
7 posters

Go down

Brady - Payton Plan Empty Brady - Payton Plan

Post by white1 Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:14 pm

According to Hyde and it sounds like he validated with actual sources - this was a real plan:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-brady-payton-dolphins-20220411-kgklv7wtgjad3keymtknlcb3ny-story.html

Not sure how I’d feel about it but would have likely given kudos to Ross If he could have landed Brady, Payton and Fangio running the defense. I don’t get how this would have “worked” regarding compensation but clearly they were scheming on it.

Moot point now the Flores law suit blew it up. Unless two things happen, both of which I view as highly unlikely

One - the Flores law suit would have to be settled no later than Super Bowl. Payton and Brady aren’t touching Miami with Ross and Beal ownership in question - they have relationships with both.

Two - the McDaniel team this year would have to be a disaster . Like below 500 and clearly poorly coached.

Like I said …. Both are highly unlikely
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Brady - Payton Plan Empty Re: Brady - Payton Plan

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:42 pm

My question is, if the NFL has a severe attack of idiocy and actually decides to dock the Fins draft picks next year, does that mean all the trades they used to acquire those picks become invalid? Because by rights, it should.

BTW it sure is weird how nobody's talking about the Flores suit anymore. Almost as if everybody realizes how absurd it really was all along and is hoping if they keep quiet people will forget it ever was a thing.

Also, how is Brady not getting called out on CLEARLY staging a fake retirement in order to get Arians fired?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:27 pm

I guess the Brady/Payton thing is interesting on some level, but it was never going to happen. There is absolutely zero possibility that any NFL team would have enough ammo to trade for both of them - simply no chance. The other point that Hyde just glossed over is that the Saints denied Miami permission to talk to Payton. So that "plan" was dead in the water before it even began. Ultimately, this is a non-story and I don't know why Hyde is even spending time on it because it was never going to be a reality.

It's a slow time in the NFL, and it seems like no one has anything better to do than make the Dolphins look bad from every angle: Florio pushing his "Ross and the Dolphins are going to get destroyed by the NFL" agenda, Dan Campbell dredging up dirt on a player from years ago, everyone constantly shitting on Tua, this stupid story from Hyde, it goes on and on. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:35 pm

Once he went after Houston I think he lost a lot of credibility.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:39 pm

JMP wrote:I guess the Brady/Payton thing is interesting on some level, but it was never going to happen.  There is absolutely zero possibility that any NFL team would have enough ammo to trade for both of them - simply no chance.  The other point that Hyde just glossed over is that the Saints denied Miami permission to talk to Payton.  So that "plan" was dead in the water before it even began.  Ultimately, this is a non-story and I don't know why Hyde is even spending time on it because it was never going to be a reality.

It's a slow time in the NFL, and it seems like no one has anything better to do than make the Dolphins look bad from every angle: Florio pushing his "Ross and the Dolphins are going to get destroyed by the NFL" agenda, Dan Campbell dredging up dirt on a player from years ago, everyone constantly shitting on Tua, this stupid story from Hyde, it goes on and on.  Rolling Eyes

I haven't even bothered to check out PFT or the phins.com news page anymore for weeks. Who needs that shit? And literally everything the mediots say about this team is either proven false or the kind of speculation that even an attorney on his first day fresh out of law school would rip to shreds in court.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:43 pm

JEGnj wrote:Once he went after Houston I think he lost a lot of credibility.

Well, that and his smoking gun witness turning out to be his BFF. And being fired by a black GM but somehow turning it into racism. And getting outed as a legit sociopath.

I'm telling you, even his own attorneys know he doesn't have a case at this point. But they've gone too far to back down now so sadly this charade will have to keep dragging on.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:59 am

I refuse to give Florio any clicks.  He's an activist not a journalist. Was good in the mid-2000s but now mostly a prime example of fake news.

Credibility seems rather short on the Flores suit, unless he actually has concrete proof of a firm offer to lose games in exchange for 'bonuses".  If that's the case, though, and he's really a "whistleblower", why did he wait over two years after the fact to blow the whistle?  If this is an integrity issue, why not resign after the 2019 season and tell everyone why?  He'd have been a true whistleblower and hero then and everyone would have been on board with this.  Instead, I guess he was willing to just sit on this smoking gun forever as long as he was employed and paid handsomely by that dastardly owner threatening the integrity of the league.

No so-called journalist mentions these simple common sense questions for some reason.

Looks like a settlement coming, to avoid court costs, etc.  I just highly doubt these "receipts" are there.  If they were, wouldn't he have won the power struggle at the season ending meeting, ending up staying while Grier goes?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:06 am

HA!!! PREACH IT, HAL!!! YET MORE FAR LEFT HYPOCRISY EXPOSED!!!

Just remember that I was the first one to come out and say that Flores had the look of an asshole.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:09 am

If Flores had real proof of tanking, it would be everywhere by now. He's got nothing.

The fact that Fake News Florio is leading the charge only makes this story even less credible.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:15 am

T.J. Watt cannot be comfortable having Flores as his position coach for obvious reasons. I say Grier should at least look into a trade...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:36 am

I remember when this "scheme" first came out that I said it "sounded" just like DingleBerry Ross.

He did not do the right thing and fire TeamKiller Flores because Flores was killing the team and would never win anything as long as TeamKiller Flores was the HC. No, DingleBerry Ross had grand delusions of getting Brady and Payton and winning multiple SBs!!

Ross needs to go, just like TeamKiller Flores IMO.

This whole Flores case alleging racism is as asinine as the Rooney Rule IMO.

Flores is a nitwit, plain and simple. Period. He can virtue signal like heck and wave this "More important than my career" crapola all he wants. But the fact that he brought the suit and these charges ONLY after he got fired sorts of diminishes the nobility and virtues he is espousing IMHO. Rolling Eyes

And now...Here we have some black men claiming that they got a "sham" interview because the NFL has implemented a rule that you HAVE TO interview a minority candidate for every HC job opening; even if you know who you are going to hire for the job. To fulfill the Rooney Rule, an NFL team in this position HAS to give a sham interview or two or three! But (wink wink) we can never say it is a Sham Interview or that we have already made up our minds on who to hire, because... We is "woke" and oh-so liberal!

And the rule is only to give minority candidates an interview, not that they will get hired! Equal opportunity, not equal outcomes!!

So if the team hires a white person, by meeting the requirements of the rule, the NFL has stupidly implemented, the team has opened itself up to charges of racism! The Rooney Rule is racist to start with, (any rule or law based on skin color is) but I was always wondering when it was going to be used as a bludgeon against the NFL.

I mean the NFL has opened themselves up to these sorts of charges EVERY TIME a minority person does not get hired for a HCing job. Every minority person that does not get hired COULD make the charge that it was a "sham" interview.

Teams that are legitimately going thru the interview process COULD BE charged like teams like the Giants who had already hired Daboll but still needed to interview a minority candidate... to meet the "requirements" of this racist rule.

All this woke liberal claptrap crapola is fraught with the dreaded "unintended consequences" factors IMO.

Just look at the consequences of letting a male compete in Women's swimming. When you reach the point of defending absurdities, perhaps you have crossed a line that should never have been a line to begin with.

Sorry for the rant, but this stuff is mind-blowingly stupid IMO!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:44 am

I have to say, I absolutely love the direction this thread has taken cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:31 pm

Seems to me the only thing that this suit might accomplish is....abolition of the Rooney Rule.

So instead of guaranteeing an opportunity to interview, take that guarantee away!  What progress!

Yes, there's almost always a front runner for a job before interviews start, but the whole point of the RR is to give a candidate who might not normally be considered an opportunity to A) blow the hirer away with a first rate interview (this is what Mike Tomlin reportedly did in 2007 at Pittsburgh, BTW--he wasn't the front runner going in) and B) get a coach's name out there as an established candidate so he will be networking and considered for future openings elsewhere.

In short, it is designed to create opportunities.  Not guarantees.

Real smart of Flores and all the wannabe activist "journalists" to unwittingly work to abolish something that has created opportunities for the past 15 years.  

You want to become thick skinned, become an actor (which I was for a while years ago).  You might get the part in one out of 30 auditions.  But you network at each one, market at each one, get told about other auditions elsewhere, maybe impress a casting director who remembers you for a future part even if you're not right for the one being cast, etc. You may not be right for a part, but every time you head out there is an opportunity to make an impression. Just like ANY job interview.

It sure wouldn't create many opportunities to be trying to abolish the casting calls and auditions because one of those not cast is unhappy about it and too thin skinned to do anything except whine.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:38 pm

One thing in favor of the RR is that it does force an interviewing process. I wish it had been in place in 1999-2000, might have spared us Wannstedt if Wayne had some other candidates in front of him he was forced to consider. Wouldn't just about any coach look good in comparison? :-)

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:50 am

so maybe the target of this whole Flores wrecking ball attempt isn't Ross and Grier. supposedly, the lawsuit was the cause of Brady's minority ownership of the Phins to come crashing down. the lawsuit was coincidentally filed the day Brady retired - timed perfectly to take a shot at his plans. Flores claims Ross tried to tamper and force Brady on him. Flores refused - why? Brady then apparently made an angry statement chastising the Phins with, "you're sticking with that f**ker?" it was assumed this was a shot at then QB Fitzpatrick. perhaps instead it was a shot at Flores - as in, your sticking with Flores (who objects to me as QB) over me? perhaps there was bad blood between Flores and Brady from their time in NE. or maybe, just maybe, Brady saw firsthand and knew just how much of a hardnosed (unteam-friendly) jerk Flores really was. perhaps Flores' dismissal had more to do with bringing Brady in that we realize and his last parting shot was to file the lawsuit to destroy Brady's designs.

maybe all of this isn't about Ross, Grier, Watson, Tua, whoever else. maybe this is a long smoldering issue between Flores and Brady.

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:08 am

Excellent post, Merc.

I think the main thing the Flores lawsuit revealed is that Flores is an arrogant, petulant shiitehead! He wanted to get back at the Phins, Ross, everyone involved with the Phins, all those who dared dispute his legitimate right to control all aspects of the team as it is apparent to everyone, he is a Super Genius!, all those who refused when he wanted more control, and then the whole Rooney Rule stupidity of forcing teams that have already decided on a HC to interview a minority candidate issue blew up for the Giants when Belicheck let the cat out of the bag about Daboll already getting the Giants HCing job.

When you mistreat a "Genius" like this, there must be consequences!!

And what with all the virtue signaling dimwitted libs eat with a spoon when Flores talks about how this issue is "more important than my career" they get all teary-eyed and swoon!

This whole situation was just too good an opportunity to pass up for a TeamKilling Genius like Flores IMO.

Throw in the chance to screw up a Ross-Brady deal and it was like a cherry on top.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:24 am

Parallels with Belicheck's Cleveland stop are there: definitely showed coaching talent, excellent defensive mind---but poor grasp of the other side of the ball and poor people skills.

Flores has things to learn. Belicheck learned them (though having a Brady fall into his lap clearly helped, too). Flores can be Belicheck or he can be Eric Mangini. A good start would be quietly focusing on his weak points and improving on the field with a lot less griping off of it.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down