The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Day Fins at Pats

+6
JEGnj
CarsonChris
rightchea
DolFan 316
finskev
white1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game Day Fins at Pats - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day Fins at Pats

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:01 pm

You guys know I'm not an anti-Tannehill guy, but the way he's played, he deserves to be benched, and I loathe Matt Moore.

Tannehill's head is squarely up his ass tonight.

Not that he's getting any help from the drop squad, and the entirety of this shitty offense.

There was one play that completely astounded me though, the one where Tannehill got sacked on 3rd and long. The play that genius Lazor drew up had all the receivers running routes within 2 yards of each other. Tannehill, by design, has to hold the ball too long for anything to open up. That's terrible play calling for that situation. You don't call a play against a full-out rush that's going to take four seconds to develop.

They're going to have to have a huge change and effort to even get back in this game.

I hope Campbell runs the offense until someone passes out this week. They're let the team down big time. There's only so many times they can hold Brady and the Pats down while the offense runs into walls and shits their pants on national television.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:07 pm

Miami doesn't look ready for the moment. The safety was a combination of the receiver moving, should have been flagged, and miscommunication at the line. The 3rd and ten sack, Dallas Thimas let his guy go.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:09 pm

We aren't good enough to compete with the division's best on the road in prime time. Maybe it will be a jolt back to reality over the next ten days.

Just hoping they come back and make this more competitive in the second half.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:17 pm

The drop sucked but that's the kind of drive I want to see. Didn't really expect to win but man at least show some heart and try to make it a game.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Still optimistic long term, anyway. Remember how this team laid down in the second half at New England last year? Usually it is NE coming out and making a statement to start the half. Nice to see our team do it for a change. Nice drive, and nice decision to go right back to Stills after the drop to get him right back in the game.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Wake carried off the field. Every time we as fans get a little excited eventually it is ripped away.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm sure that int was everyone's fault except Tannygoobers.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:09 pm

JEGnj wrote:I'm sure that int was everyone's fault except Tannygoobers.

Well, it wasn't his fault. I mean, I know you want it to be his fault, but it wasn't.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Wake injury sure looked like a blown Achilles.

Well, this turned out pretty much like I expected it to go.  Even with a better coach, you still can't expect to put a pile of shit (like our offensive line) up against what looks to be a Super Bowl team and expect to win. There's no amount of coaching that can overcome far inferior talent at key matchups.

Pair that with atrocious QB play in the first half, some drops, idiotic mistakes, and you get blown out at New England.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:13 pm

Watching Tannehill's laissez-faire appearance tonight really irked me. I don't need a guy to blow a gasket, but how about acknowledgement of the moment or something? I mean, he shows that he can play the position, but is his heart really in the game? I don't know.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:16 pm

This crap is now unwatchable.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:17 pm

Hope he proves me wrong but Miami will NEVER be a contender with Tanny behind center.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Rishard Matthews with another drop right in his fucking hands.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Degarmo wrote:Watching Tannehill's laissez-faire appearance tonight really irked me.  I don't need a guy to blow a gasket, but how about acknowledgement of the moment or something?  I mean, he shows that he can play the position, but is his heart really in the game?  I don't know.

Agreed. Show some fuckin emotion some fire. Act like you give a shit. Put your team on your back. I'm not saying you need to beat the pats, but, come on man, really? A performance like this against the pats?
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:27 pm

This is exactly what I was afraid of, perhaps due to precedent as a long suffering fan.

Not just a defeat. Oh no, not good enough. Has to be a historical, record breaking, humiliation for every Fins fan in the nation. Exactly what was delivered.

This will be interesting. Campbell now faces some adversity.

IMO, the defense held up its end of the bargain. Kept us in the game while the offense was doing absolutely nothing. Gassed in the second half, understandably.

Our offense? Beyond horrendous. Turnovers. Three and outs. No running game, so one dimensional. Horrible play calling, including the backwards pass we all hate.

Let's see how we respond against Buffalo. Don't let the Pats beat us twice. Come back and fight, beat Buffalo. BEAT THEM!!!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:28 pm

scotgif wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Watching Tannehill's laissez-faire appearance tonight really irked me.  I don't need a guy to blow a gasket, but how about acknowledgement of the moment or something?  I mean, he shows that he can play the position, but is his heart really in the game?  I don't know.

Agreed. Show some fuckin emotion some fire. Act like you give a shit. Put your team on your back. I'm not saying you need to beat the pats, but, come on man, really? A performance like this against the pats?

Seriously - I mean, this was a hugely important game, and the first half was some of the worst offensive football I've seen in years. It's like they pulled out their yearly final-games slide early.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:29 pm

white1 wrote:This is exactly what I was afraid of, perhaps due to precedent as a long suffering fan.

Not just a defeat.  Oh no, not good enough.  Has to be a historical, record breaking, humiliation for every Fins fan in the nation.  Exactly what was delivered.

This will be interesting.  Campbell now faces some adversity.

IMO, the defense held up its end of the bargain.  Kept us in the game while the offense was doing absolutely nothing.  Gassed in the second half, understandably.

Our offense? Beyond horrendous.  Turnovers.  Three and outs.  No running game, so one dimensional.  Horrible play calling, including the backwards pass we all hate.  

Let's see how we respond against Buffalo. Don't let the Pats beat us twice.  Come back and fight, beat Buffalo.  BEAT THEM!!!

I honestly believe after this performance Campbell is going to run them until someone dies. You don't go up against your division rivals, shit the bed and then not pay the piper. I expect the NFL Players Union to come crying to him with a fine in their hands. TO that I say GOOD. ACCOUNTABILITY TIME, YOU ASSHOLES!

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:53 pm

I can't let this crap ruin my life anymore. That's why I expect so little from this team. Happy when they win and try to enjoy it for the week. When they loose I get pissed for a little while then just have to let it go.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:58 pm

Only reason I am slightly pissed (long since over it) is because I watched the entire game for the first time this year.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:37 am

JEGnj wrote:Hope he proves me wrong but Miami will NEVER be a contender with Tanny behind center.

You can give up that hope. Tannehill is a LOSER, plain and simple. He might be good enough to get 8 wins, but that's it. If I needed a big win and could choose any QB to start the game, Tannehill wouldn't even make my list of choices...he'd never even cross my mind. We've seen it over and over and over...whenever the Dolphins need a big win, Tannehill plays his worst.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:41 am

Degarmo wrote:

There was one play that completely astounded me though, the one where Tannehill got sacked on 3rd and long.  The play that genius Lazor drew up had all the receivers running routes within 2 yards of each other.  Tannehill, by design, has to hold the ball too long for anything to open up.  That's terrible play calling for that situation.  You don't call a play against a full-out rush that's going to take four seconds to develop.

And you see that time and time again in this Lazor offense...all the receivers clustered together, all within 2 yards of each other - and of course, all within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. What the hell is that????

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:02 am

JMP wrote:
JEGnj wrote:Hope he proves me wrong but Miami will NEVER be a contender with Tanny behind center.

You can give up that hope.  Tannehill is a LOSER, plain and simple.  He might be good enough to get 8 wins, but that's it.  If I needed a big win and could choose any QB to start the game, Tannehill wouldn't even make my list of choices...he'd never even cross my mind.  We've seen it over and over and over...whenever the Dolphins need a big win, Tannehill plays his worst.  

Gotta say the dude needs some competition.

Wake's injury, if it is an Achilles tear, might be a career-ender, sad to say, at his age.

10 days to prepare for Buffalo, and road game or not it is a must-win. Not so much for this season (which was over before it started) but to show that Campbell can bring this team back from adversity. .500 at the halfway mark would be an accomplishment all things considered.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:04 am

(Pops in.) Meh. (Pops back out.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:18 am

I don't know how you defend against Brady? Those timing passes were the most precise throws I have ever seen.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2