The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Claypool Effect Is Real!!!

4 posters

Go down

The Claypool Effect Is Real!!!  Empty The Claypool Effect Is Real!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:16 am

The only reason the Giants game wasn't a loss is because he hadn't been on the team long enough, and even THEN his foul, negative energy caused three turnovers and a pick six!

Now it's caused Achane's injury! Next will be a loss to the 0-5 Panthers, mark my words! They've GOT to get rid of him before the bye before he causes a 4-game losing streak!!! As FF would say...

EGADS!!! affraid affraid affraid

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

The Claypool Effect Is Real!!!  Empty Re: The Claypool Effect Is Real!!!

Post by JMP Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:25 am

A #4 or 5 receiver isn't going to destroy the team.

In the end, he'll either work out in Miami or he won't. It's a low risk, high reward situation - but obviously the risk is more likely than the reward given his career trajectory to this point. Either way, it doesn't cost the Dolphins anything to give him a tryout.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:42 am

Oh no, it won't cost them anything...except the season!

I'm dead serious about this. Bringing Claypool in was the equivalent of society allowing wokeness to take hold. Gee, it's just a few people expressing their opinions, what harm could that do? scratch

In fact Claypool is such a toxic cloud of negativity that just by getting rid of him the Bears have suddenly turned into playoff contenders! But even if I'm wrong (spoiler alert: I'm not) what does he bring to the table that'll help this team win games it otherwise wouldn't? It's not run blocking, every Steelers and Bears fan I've seen says he's awful at it. If Chase Claypool wasn't going to make a difference one way or the other, then what was the point of trading for him at all? scratch

Cecil Collins and Lawrence Phillips didn't cost the Fins much either from a certain point of view, but the Fins sure as hell didn't get any better after they came on board!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:55 am

The Fins are about to lose to an 0-5 team who was literally the only other one who had any interest in Claypool whatsoever, all because they were smart enough not to actually get him. I believe that's what the cool kids call "irony".

Claypool damn well at least better play this time. I don't want to be told any garbage about him "not knowing the offense". If the Fins didn't really need another WR to suit up for these next few games then that makes the trade even dumber and completely defeats the purpose of making it when they did! I'm not even saying he needs to be in there for 30 plays or anything like that, just give me SOMETHING to show why the hell Grier felt it was vitally important to the season to get him RIGHT NOW instead of waiting for the Bears to cut him yesterday which I guarantee they'd have done.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:24 am

I assume if they cut him, some team might have picked him up in waivers.

Trading for him, Grier ensured he got him.

We will have to see how it works out.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:38 am

finfanatic wrote:I assume if they cut him, some team might have picked him up in waivers.

Trading for him, Grier ensured he got him.

We will have to see how it works out.

First of all, it was obvious to literally everybody except Grier that NOBODY ELSE wanted anything to do with Claypool.

Secondly, so what??? Then he'd have been some other team's problem and caused a ginormous vortex of doom for THEM.

Third, if he wasn't even really needed right now then what's the difference? scratch If he's not going to play Sunday or VS the Eagles or later than that, then why is he even on the team?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:47 pm

How do you know no other teams were interested in Claypool? I didn't hear anything either way. Regardless, as FF pointed out, he almost certainly would have been picked up off waivers if he was cut, and the Dolphins would have had no shot at him. Swapping late round picks in 2025 was the way to guarantee getting him, and at that price it is essentially a free acquisition.

How do you know Claypool isn't going to play against the Panthers or Eagles? We did need another receiver, preferably one that can block and has size. We currently have two receivers on IR, one of whom was our top blocking receiver and the other who may be out for the year and was our only big receiver, and we have another receiver (Chosen) who clearly is not currently in the mix of viable receivers.

Claypool is big and fast and can block, and he can also take handoffs like EZ was starting to do. He may not end up doing anything for the Phins, but his skillset is a perfect fit for this offense.

I've never been a big Claypool fan, but I'm willing to give him a chance because I can absolutely see the upside and the fit. If he doesn't work out, we cut him and move on - not a big deal, and he's not going to somehow destroy the team.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:55 am

now i know why Eichenberg sucks.

Dolphins guard/center Liam Eichenberg, who played with Claypool at Notre Dame, said he’s a “great dude. When I heard he was coming here, I thought he’s going to be fine. He’s gifted, driven. He’s going to excel here.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article280174244.html

its the Claypool effect of course! Cool

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:13 pm

Still not giving up on this. Falling behind 14-0 against an 0-5 team at home just isn't enough yet to convince me I was being foolish. And when is Claypool even going to actually, you know, PLAY? I thought this team "desperately needed" him scratch

A win over the Eagles on the other hand will get me to finally admit I was wrong.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:37 am

DF316 - the world has taken notice.

Since trading Chase Claypool, the Bears are 2-1 and were 0-13 with him

The Dolphins were 5-1 before activating him and are 0-1 since activating him

The Steelers were 2-6 with him and are 11-4 since trading him

He’s won 2 games in the last 2 seasons and 0 in a year

https://x.com/ilannfl/status/1716303036627157174?s=20

i don't know whether to laugh this off or starting crying.

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:46 am

(Dashes in.)

I TOLD YOU!!! I TOLD YOU ALL!!! CLAYPOOL HAS GOT TO GO OR ALL IS LOST!!! GOT TO!!!

(Dashes out.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down