The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claypool

4 posters

Go down

Claypool  Empty Claypool

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:08 am

Will he be the next man up?  Hopefully Waddle is back in the playoffs but for now we are down a receiver. Achane could be used as the speed burner receiver but Claypool gives this receiving group height. Since McDaniel loves the fade route in the end zone it seems to be a perfect match!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Claypool  Empty Re: Claypool

Post by JMP Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:35 pm

Yep, time for Claypool to step up and earn his roster spot.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:45 pm

Was it me or did we see Julian Hill a lot more. Can someone find me a snap count?
Umix10
Umix10

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:37 am

Cedric Wilson got the passes after Waddle went out it seemed.

Hill and Smythe were used...not enough IMO, but...

That Ravens D is super tough. Let's hope McD knows that and makes a few tweaks.

The whole redzone/scoring offense is off the rails somewhat now it seems? Thank goodness the D is taking up the slack!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:24 am

Umix10 wrote:Was it me or did we see Julian Hill a lot more.  Can someone find me a snap count?

I thought so too. I can't say for sure, but my guess is we used more 2-TE sets against the nasty Dallas pass rush because we had an O-line full of backups. And sometimes that allowed Hill to block while Smythe was running routes.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:30 am

finfanatic wrote:Cedric Wilson got the passes after Waddle went out it seemed.

Hill and Smythe were used...not enough IMO, but...

That Ravens D is super tough. Let's hope McD knows that and makes a few tweaks.

The whole redzone/scoring offense is off the rails somewhat now it seems?  Thank goodness the D is taking up the slack!

Yeah, Wilson is definitely next man up - but Claypool will get more snaps now, especially if Chosen is out too.

Smythe was a key player Sunday - 5 targets (his second most of the season) and 5 catches (season high). I think he will continue to carve out a bigger role as long as we move forward.

I blame a lot of the red zone woes on two things: defenses putting extra pressure on the backup OL, forcing Tua to get the ball out quicker, and playcalling - still a reluctance to run as much as they should and too many of those damn fades. I'd like to see more playaction - like that Mostert TD ctach Sunday...one of the best-designed plays I've seen all season, by any team. I'd also like to see the bigger guys (Wilson, Claypool and the TEs) get more targets in the red zone.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:51 pm

IMHO, I think Claypools coming out party will be against the Ravens.

Last year. Gesicki was a key factor in opening the middle against the Ravens. Claypool could fill that role. He's a bit more twitchy and faster than Gesicki but similar. We have to put him in there in that very same position.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:11 pm

Umix10 wrote:IMHO, I think Claypools coming out party will be against the Ravens.  

Last year.  Gesicki was a key factor in opening the middle against the Ravens.  Claypool could fill that role.  He's a bit more twitchy and faster than Gesicki but similar.  We have to put him in there in that very same position.  

I'm thinking the same thing about Claypool. I have felt like it's just a matter of time for him. I think the Phins need some sort of X factor on offense against the Ravens, and Claypool just might be the guy. You know he probably hates the Ravens too, from his years with the Steelers, so he'd love to have an impact against them.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:34 am

Claypool in the middle of the field and in the redzone definitely couldn't hurt IMO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:28 am

It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but Claypool finally got a red zone opportunity and he dropped a TD. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down