The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins at Philly predictions

+3
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

Dolphins at Philly predictions Empty Dolphins at Philly predictions

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:27 am

lots of injuries on both sides of the ball on both teams. but the four horsemen of Tua, Tyreek, Jalen and Raheem will flourish under the lights. i think this one becomes a shootout with the Phins prevailing in the end (something like the Chargers game).

Miami Dolphins - 37
Philadelphia Eagles - 31

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins at Philly predictions Empty Re: Dolphins at Philly predictions

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:32 am

The Fins winning 37-31, you say? That seems strangely familiar scratch

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201912010mia.htm

I would be thrilled if they came back from 2 scores down twice to win by that score. I do think they *can* win, but until they actually DO win a road game against a contender, I just can't be convinced they will just yet.

Eagles, 34-27.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:24 am

I think they can win, I think they'll show much better than against Buffalo for sure, but I think home field ends up supreme in a close game here. I'm predicting Philly 34-31.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:13 am

This is a statement game for the Dolphins. All I'm hearing is "The Dolphins haven't beaten anyone yet." (Of course, no one is saying that about the Chiefs or Eagles for some reason...) Well, this is the Dolphins chance: a road game against last season's NFC Champion.

Defensively for the Dolphins, the Eagles present a whole host of problems - with a running QB, a strong run game, two excellent WRs, and a very good TE. The 2023 Miami D has been pretty excellent against "bad" teams, and not so good (to say the least) against "good" teams" - and the Eagles present arguably their biggest challenge so far. It is reasonable to expect the Eagles to score a lot in this game, although their high-powered offense has struggled at times this season. The key here is two-fold for the Dolphins: keep the Eagles out of the endzone, and force turnovers.

When the Dolphins offense has the ball, they will face a VERY stout Eagles front 7. This unit will be difficult to run against, and the OL will have their hands full in pass protection. The Philly secondary will likely get star CB Darius Slay back for this one, but even with him this is not a defensive backfield that scares anyone. I fully expect the Dolphins to light up the scoreboard against this defense, and I think they'll be able to establish a run game via a strong passing game.

Add it all up, and yes, I see a shootout of sorts - but I think the Dolphins pull ahead in the 4th quarter. I have the Dolphins winning by a score of 41-27.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:20 pm

Joe Schad
@schadjoe

Dolphins C Connor Williams says he aggravated his groin in that last game he played. He pushed it. But it made it worse. Philly is a great defensive line. He’s taking it day by day. Optimistic. But day by day.

2:59 PM ยท Oct 19, 2023

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:31 pm

Xavien Howard was also back at practice today, but it sounds like he didn't do too much.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:46 pm

It's sounding like Connor Williams will not play.

That's a big loss. Hopefully Eich can build on the progress he showed last week, but this Eagles DL is really strong. Big test for Eich.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:51 pm

Brooks place on IR. I assume that means Jeff Wilson will be added to the roster and will play against the Eagles.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:51 pm

Yeah, I am just not sure about this game.

The Phins Oline is apt to wet their pants when they face big, brutal, nasty D lines.

And if the Phins cannot run the ball, this could be a beat down IMO.

Win this game and all those people talking about how the Phins have beat up on bad teams and lost to the one good team they played will be silenced.

But they did lose in rather convincing fashion to the Bills, so...

And the Iggles D is much better than the Bills D IMO.

And Jalen Hurts is 8-0 when facing a team with a winning record.

So I am predicting an Iggles Win. The only hope the Phins got is if the Fangio D can come up with some turnovers and make Hurts look like he did facing the Jets D. But the Phins D-line is nowhere near as good as the Jets D Line.

I sincerely hope the Phins show up, put on a football clinic, and make me regret this post.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:34 pm

finfanatic wrote:
The Phins Oline is apt to wet their pants when they face big, brutal, nasty D lines.

That seems to be the narrative, but is it true? The Chargers and Giants both have excellent DLs, and neither one did a damn thing to slow down our passing attack (or run game, in the Giants case). And against the Bills, Tua had almost 300 yards, and Achane ran for over 100 on just 8 carries.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:49 pm

Eagles will be missing a starting CB and a starting S. And old man Slay is playing hurt.

Tua's gonna feast! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:57 pm

Eagles had been sleep walking thru this season just barely getting by until last week, Now that they have been Woken up after losing to the Jets, they will try to impose there Will from the start so if we can keep close till the 4th I like our Chances.

Fins- 24
Eagles- 20

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:37 pm

The biggest reason why this is a must win game is so that I can shut people up on Youtube who are bashing and trashing the Fins for their schedule. Because as we all know, in today's world NOTHING is more important than getting bragging rights over someone by showing them their opinion that's different than yours is wrong. If they lose I might have to leave Youtube for a whole 24 hours due to the shame.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:06 am

I may be totally off base, but I'm feeling good about this matchup.

The Jets scored one TD last week, and beat the Eagles. We don't have the Jets defense, by any stretch of the imagination, but I guarantee that we will score multiple TDs. The Eagles O isn't what it was last season, and our D is coming around. And when we have the ball, I'll take Tua against a banged up secondary.

The world will know the truth Sunday night. The Miami Fucking Dolphins are ready to claim the NFL throne and slaughter the haters.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:21 am

JMP wrote:I may be totally off base, but I'm feeling good about this matchup.

The Jets scored one TD last week, and beat the Eagles. We don't have the Jets defense, by any stretch of the imagination, but I guarantee that we will score multiple TDs. The Eagles O isn't what it was last season, and our D is coming around. And when we have the ball, I'll take Tua against a banged up secondary.

The world will know the truth Sunday night. The Miami Fucking Dolphins are ready to claim the NFL throne and slaughter the haters.

Man, that is some potent Kool-aid you are drinking, JMP!!

And I really hope you are correct!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:13 pm

finfanatic wrote:
JMP wrote:I may be totally off base, but I'm feeling good about this matchup.

Man, that is some potent Kool-aid you are drinking, JMP!!

And I really hope you are correct!

Very Happy Very Happy Just having some fun! But I do think the Dolphins will win. I think this team is just starting to come together and good things await!

I'd feel much better if Williams was starting at center, but I'm not sure if he will. Tua just needs enough time to get the ball out at his usual lightning-quick pace - I do think he'll have open receivers all day.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:15 am

I have heard a couple of NFL insiders saying that the Fangio Defense is difficult to learn and that one NFL Coach said to watch out for the Phins Defense come middle of the season when all those D players start feeling comfortable in the schemes.

This should be a good test for the D.

I think if the Phins can run the ball, the offense will work like it is supposed to.

We shall see.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:07 pm

Eagles fan out everyplace today.
Swim Dolphins Swim.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:51 pm

I was poisoned by the kool aid once again.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down