The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some info about a ref in the Eagles game last night

+3
DolFan 316
white1
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Some info about a ref in the Eagles game last night Empty Some info about a ref in the Eagles game last night

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:45 am

I haven't verified this info, but you can file it under things that make you go hmmm... scratch

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 and CarsonChris like this post

Back to top Go down

Some info about a ref in the Eagles game last night Empty Re: Some info about a ref in the Eagles game last night

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:46 am

BTW, looking at that roughing call again: it's even worse than I initially thought. Calling it bullshit is a disgrace to bullshit.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Some info about a ref in the Eagles game last night Empty Re: Some info about a ref in the Eagles game last night

Post by white1 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:57 am

Criminal malpractice. We may not have won anyways, but let the fans enjoy the game without all the bullshit flags! Come on!!!
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:24 am

white1 wrote:Criminal malpractice.  We may not have won anyways, but let the fans enjoy the game without all the bullshit flags! Come on!!!

My question is, if the Eagles are so much better then why would they even NEED officiating help? scratch

I am convinced that after the Bills loss, the NFL panicked and gave orders to the Fins-Eagles crew to do anything it took to make absolutely sure the Fins lost. It's the only explanation that makes any sense. The Bills couldn't be allowed to fall 2 games back, not when they're mysteriously playing so much worse all of a sudden.

And yes, this may in fact be literally criminal. It needs to at least be investigated more.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:21 am

My question is, if the Eagles are so much better then why would they even NEED officiating help? scratch

Oh, they DID need the help. Wiping touchdowns off the board, negating big plays, and calling non-penalties to sustain Eagles drives is MORE than enough "help".
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:52 am

The more I look at plays from this game, the greater the stench of something rotten becomes.

Scouring this subject on the internet, I have found at least 10 plays that were either incorrect penalties on the Dolphins or, mostly, blatant Eagles penalties that were not called.

Rarely will you see me complain about the refs to any great extent. I usually just say "Bad call, but what can you do? Bad calls even out over the course of the season." But this is something different - last night's officiating really, really seems blatantly designed to tilt the game heavily in the Eagles' favor. There's no other way to say it.

Still nothing I can do about it, but it really is ridiculous that we have to pay to watch games that are quite obviously officiated in a biased, one-sided manner.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:12 pm

NFL needs to quit farting with overseas travel and celebrity photo ops and be a bit more diligent about the officiating.  The integrity of the game is going to become a wrestling-level joke with a few more prime time 'showcases' like last night's.  I keep expecting Gary Hart and Bruiser Brody to show up!

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:16 pm

and don't forget the broadcast zooming in on Sirianni's smug grin as he celebrated and even winked and thanked a ref for over-ruling a delay of game penalty by granting a sideline timeout.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:54 pm

JMP wrote:The more I look at plays from this game, the greater the stench of something rotten becomes.

Scouring this subject on the internet, I have found at least 10 plays that were either incorrect penalties on the Dolphins or, mostly, blatant Eagles penalties that were not called.

Rarely will you see me complain about the refs to any great extent. I usually just say "Bad call, but what can you do?  Bad calls even out over the course of the season."  But this is something different - last night's officiating really, really seems blatantly designed to tilt the game heavily in the Eagles' favor.  There's no other way to say it.

Still nothing I can do about it, but it really is ridiculous that we have to pay to watch games that are quite obviously officiated in a biased, one-sided manner.

I'm just glad you guys understand why I've had it with this season. It's not *just* the loss, or *just* ye more injuries or *just* that we already know this team's ceiling and how it's only downhill from here. No, it's the obvious middle finger from the NFL along with the "we know you don't like it and we don't care' attitude that every other billion dollar corporation and societal institution has these days. If you're flat out telling me you won't allow me to win the game, then why should I keep playing?

HalCHorn wrote:NFL needs to quit farting with overseas travel and celebrity photo ops and be a bit more diligent about the officiating.  The integrity of the game is going to become a wrestling-level joke with a few more prime time 'showcases' like last night's.  I keep expecting Gary Hart and Bruiser Brody to show up!

LOVE the old school pro wrestling references that only you and I will probably get! cheers cheers cheers For me it was Jerry Lawler and Jimmy Hart BTW. As far as overseas travel there's now a legit serious situation that the NFL seems determined to ignore and is putting this team at severe risk.

mercury22nathan wrote:and don't forget the broadcast zooming in on Sirianni's smug grin as he celebrated and even winked and thanked a ref for over-ruling a delay of game penalty by granting a sideline timeout.

WHAAAAAAT?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Maybe HE was in on it too, then!!! It's bad enough that he felt the need to issue a public plea not to have the Tush Push banned. That tells me even HE knows it's super shady. Are the Eagles the new Pats?!?!

Not sure how you guys can carry on knowing what you now know but I don't have that sort of perseverance I'm afraid. The NFL knows there's an officiating problem--and not only do they not care in the slightest, it's totally and completely by design. I am convinced there's a team hierarchy/caste system that determines which teams are helped or screwed. The only good news is that after the Bills failed to even reach a Super Bowl with the NFL attempting to drag them kicking and screaming to it, they dropped in the pecking order. The bad news is they're still higher than the Fins, who will never rise above their current station for various reasons. When teams on an equal level in the hierarchy face each other, the officials will screw over both in an attempt to convince people they're being "fair" which only exposes the institutional corruption more. Right now the Chiefs and Eagles are at the top of the order, with officials under orders to favor them at all times. The NFL has already decided those two will meet in the Super Bowl again, and has also already predetermined the fates of at least ten other teams including the Fins.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:25 pm

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:19 pm

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I needed that laugh - seriously.

Except there's too much truth in it to be that funny. Neutral

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:21 pm

JMP wrote:THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  I needed that laugh - seriously.

Except there's too much truth in it to be that funny.  Neutral

Unfortunately (in some cases) the best humor is based on truth, which is why it works so well.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:12 pm

Just found out that this game was only the second time this century one team had at least 10 penalties and the opponent had none. Furthermore, you have to go back almost 30 years to find the last time it happened before that.

https://stathead.com/tiny/yDoy0

But yeah, move along nothing to see here...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:45 pm

pretty obvious to me:

You can't be giving NFL assignments to crews with a past history of unethical officiating in the past at the lower level. This is absolutely inexcusable. If a crew was deemed to be unethical at an ACC Championship Game then that crew certainly shouldn't work again at the Pro OR college level.

Seriously.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:50 pm

HalCHorn wrote:pretty obvious to me:

You can't be giving NFL assignments to crews with a past history of unethical officiating in the past at the lower level.  This is absolutely inexcusable.  If a crew was deemed to be unethical at an ACC Championship Game then that crew certainly shouldn't work again at the Pro OR college level.  

Seriously.

The NFL knows EXACTLY what they're doing. This is all by design, I cannot emphasize that enough. The only question is WHEN it was decided the Fins were going to lose. Was it during the week or was that decision only made after the Bills lost? The choice of this particular official indicates that I might have been wrong and the decision was made much earlier. NONE of this is happening by accident.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:59 am

DolFan 316 wrote:WHAAAAAAT?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Maybe HE was in on it too, then!!!

hmmm...

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:22 am

Three dollars!

Very Happy

Yeah, every so often there will some obvious and egregious officiating and everyone will make a stink about it and the NFL will do the whole "protecting the integrity of the game is of the utmost importance" speechifying and go thru the "motions" and then go right back to their woke, gambling, billionaire boys club operations.

The whole system sucks, blows, and vomits all at the same time.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:06 pm

As coaches do after every game, McD submitted a list of questionable penalties and non-penalties to the league office. I suspect his list was longer than most! LOL

Nothing will come of it, of course, but at least the league will have it on record. More importantly, social media outlets and sports shows everywhere - notably the hugely popular Pat McAfee Show - have talked about how bad the officiating was in the game (and throughout week 7). At least it's out there and more people are aware of it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:50 am

I Watched the Game on Peacock so I could Mute Collingsworth and open up the Big Screen for the Rest of the Family who openly Root for The Dolphins to Lose so they can give Me Grief, They Kept showing the STAT on the screen, Even with how obvious we were getting screwed it was still 17-17 with 4 minutes Left in the 3rd.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down