The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injury updates after Eagles game

5 posters

Go down

Injury updates after Eagles game Empty Injury updates after Eagles game

Post by JMP Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:07 pm

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/lists/dolphins-isaiah-wynn-jaylen-waddle-david-long-jevon-holland-injuries/

McDaniel on the injuries from last night:

David Long:
“David Long was cleared last night. Just the timing of which didn’t – he came back out to the sidelines at the end of the game, but once he came back out from the locker room, he would have had to go through an entire warmup process. In the timing of the game, it didn’t make much sense. He came in today and cleared again and reported no symptoms so he should be good to go.”

Isaiah Wynn:
“We are getting more information, but it does look like it will be weeks, as it wasn’t a bump or a bruise. We’ll gather more for specificity, but it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing him for weeks.”

Jaylen Waddle:
“It’s something that we’ll be on the front end of trying to treat it. He seems like – from the information that I have today, I would expect him to be practicing. It looks like he’ll be alright. They found a solution and got it loose, which is why he was able to come back in the game.”

Jevon Holland:
“Jevon, he was cleared in the game, which is why he went back, by the UNC into the game. And then the standard procedure for that is the following day, you have a follow up. In that, he did report symptoms, so he will be in the concussion protocol which is something that we’ll work through and just worry about him getting healthy.”

So, good news on Long and Waddle, not-so-good news on Holland, and awful news on Wynn. Prepare for more fun and games from our MASH unit OL. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Injury updates after Eagles game Empty Re: Injury updates after Eagles game

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:19 pm

Speaking of injuries, did anybody catch the ridiculous virtue signaling from Kevin Stefanski yesterday? Watson seemed to get a concussion but was cleared (I even think THAT process is shady now) but Stefanski wouldn't let him come back in out of "concern for his well-being". Give me a fucking break Rolling Eyes I'm sure that game being on the road and the Browns winning by 2 scores at the time had *nothing* to do with it. The "hey look at how progressive I am on concussions!" media pandering utterly disgusted me. Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:14 am

That whole ridiculous Watson contract thing is going to be another in the long line of dumbarse Haslem decisions that make the Browns stink like a festering pile of... well... Browns!

I think a lot of the problems on the Oline are due to Leakin' Eichenberg. He can't play center, he is a serious liability at OG, and weakness in the center position degrades everyone around him.

Let's HOPE "Bad Snap" Williams comes back to solidify the Oline.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:00 pm

finfanatic wrote:I think a lot of the problems on the Oline are due to Leakin' Eichenberg. He can't play center, he is a serious liability at OG, and weakness in the center position degrades everyone around him.

Let's HOPE "Bad Snap" Williams comes back to solidify the Oline.

so i was thinking (fretting) about this. say Williams does come back at center - with Wynn now out for some time and Cotton not looking too great (perhaps he'll be better with a week of starting practice), Miami wouldn't insert Eich at LG would they??? please tell me no. Evil or Very Mad

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:11 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:

so i was thinking (fretting) about this.  say Williams does come back at center - with Wynn now out for some time and Cotton not looking too great (perhaps he'll be better with a week of starting practice), Miami wouldn't insert Eich at LG would they???  please tell me no.  Evil or Very Mad

My guess is that's exactly what will happen. It is obvious that Robert Jones wasn't ready to play Sunday, and who knows if he will play against the Pats. But I absolutely expect Eich to be starting at one of the interior spots, and as a result I expect the New England DL to run right through him all day.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:34 am

Needham activated, Wynn to IR.

Needham is supposedly now playing safety and nickel. I imagine safety will be mostly in dime situations?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:59 pm

Holland in concussion protocol, so short term he's probably a safety.

Ramsey is going to be begging to get on the field this week. Maybe he plays.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:18 pm

Good news, bad news:

Good: The Phins opened the 21-day window for Cracraft to come off IR.

Bad: It sounds like Wynn may be done for the season. Not official, but McD said he has a "long journey" to make it back. Man, that sucks - he was playing great.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down