The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridiculously too early Dolphins-Chiefs in Germany thread

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ridiculously too early Dolphins-Chiefs in Germany thread Empty Ridiculously too early Dolphins-Chiefs in Germany thread

Post by JMP Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:30 am

Yeah, I know it's only Monday.  But I saw this and had to start the thread - notice the part in bold:

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Tua Tagovailoa has won 11 straight games vs. head coaches that have won a Super Bowl. Tua is 6-0 vs. Bill Belichick, only QB to win his 1st 6 games vs. single SB-winning HC in NFL history

Tua also has the most passing yards (2,416) through 8 games than any QB in Dolphins history

7:34 PM · Oct 29, 2023

I'm not making any crazy predictions...just sayin'.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ridiculously too early Dolphins-Chiefs in Germany thread Empty Re: Ridiculously too early Dolphins-Chiefs in Germany thread

Post by finfanatic Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:25 pm

Yeah, until we know what walking MASH unit... er... the Phins Oline is going to show...?

It ain't looking too effin' good though!
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ridiculously too early Dolphins-Chiefs in Germany thread Empty Re: Ridiculously too early Dolphins-Chiefs in Germany thread

Post by JMP Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:41 pm

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, until we know what walking MASH unit... er... the Phins Oline is going to show...?

It ain't looking too effin' good though!

I'm hearing chatter that Armstead will be back on Sunday. And Williams was active yesterday, so I assume he'll start Sunday. I haven't heard anything at all about Hunt's injury yet - but if he doesn't play, I assume Robert Jones will take his spot as he did yesterday.

The question is: if Williams is back, who starts at LG - Cotton or Eich?

And on defense, both Holland and Howard should be back in the lineup Sunday.

We're only in week 8, and I'm already sick and tired of all these damn injuries! NO MORE INJURIES!!! Mad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:51 pm

McD said that Hunt is day to day.

Smythe is in a walking boot, but McD would not rule him out against Chiefs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:39 pm

Chris Kouffman
@ckparrot

Common school of thought from teams who consult sleep and performance experts is to fly to Europe Thursday night before a game there.

But the last 2 years, teams that spent the entire week in Europe are 3-1 (3-0-1 ATS) vs late-arrivers.

Miami flies to Germany tonight. Kansas City will fly there Thursday night.

9:29 AM · Oct 30, 2023

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:52 am

This game is like a medical appointment as far as I'm concerned. I know there's going to be a lot of suffering involved and I just want the torture over with. I hate hate HATE this game. Absolutely nothing good can come of it in any way, shape or form. Thank God it'll be over by noon CST because time zones still exist. I honestly feel very strongly this game shouldn't even be played in Germany at all. VERY strongly.

This isn't an act, it's the way I really feel.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:34 am

No regular season games should be played outside of the US, period. But that ship has sailed, and it's only a matter of time till the league adds European teams.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:38 am

JMP wrote:No regular season games should be played outside of the US, period.  But that ship has sailed, and it's only a matter of time till the league adds European teams.

As long as time zones continue to be a thing, that'll never happen. Which makes this whole NFL games in Europe thing even more pointless.

Also, there's that whole western Europe in complete and utter turmoil thing due to deliberately allowing Muslim "refugees" in to commit crime at will, and then suddenly discovering that all the crime is a problem. Gee, ya THINK?! There's even been an international travel advisory put out by the US government that nobody seems to be paying attention to. I'm just hoping the Fins can get there and back without being attacked and killed at this point.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:51 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:No regular season games should be played outside of the US, period.  But that ship has sailed, and it's only a matter of time till the league adds European teams.

As long as time zones continue to be a thing, that'll never happen. Which makes this whole NFL games in Europe thing even more pointless.

Time zones or not, adding European teams to the league is very much in discussion and it sounds like it's a matter of "when", not "if". I saw a discussion about it on NFLN before one of the London games. Completely asinine, but it is what it is.

As for the turmoil in Europe: player safety comes first, right? Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:01 am

i'm not convinced the NFL is stupid enough to believe a franchise in Europe would be sustainable (the NBA has a much better chance, but even they aren't that dumb). most Europeans don't give a crap about American football (see the defunct NFL Europe league). the vast majority of game attendees are US servicemen/women and other US based transplants. although, the Europeans do love gambling - half the top tier teams in England and Germany soccer (futbol) leagues are sponsored by gambling websites and they do a TON of in-stadium advertising/betting. and i think this is why the NFL is so insistent on a few games in Europe every year - its an instant cash grab for the NFL to collect on the gambling licenses (posting the shield on your website costs a boatload, but makes you back even more in the volume of bets it attracts).

i agree that NFL regular season and playoff games should be US only...but i could be convinced to let the Bills lose a home game to Toronto (say against Detroit) or perhaps Minnesota in Winnipeg or Seattle in Vancouver. I think a franchise in Canada is far more likely (but still not that likely) long term than Europe.

and while we're talking gambling and European games... i note that Vegas opened the line with KC a very unconvincing favorite giving 2.5 points. i mean really, Pat the magician Mahomes and Taylor Swift's bf against the team that can't beat a team with a winning record? oh that loss to Denver - well, Pat was sick...forget about it. i wouldn't be surprised to see that line climb by a point given what's got to be all the money being laid down on the Chiefs for the easy cover, right? right?!?! and the over/under at 50.5. that's basically saying Vegas has thrown up their hands in a low scoring gimme. do the sharps have something up their sleeves?

i'll take Miami and the points to go well over.

Dolphins - 38
Chiefs - 31

the Dolphins Super Bowl run begins this weekend.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:18 pm

I am somewhat convinced merc is a "gumbah" who works in the "numbahs" rackets? Shocked

I THOUGHT... I heard somebody say the Chiefs might get another point or so as folks were laying a lot of money on the Phins??? What? Ain't these people been watching the Phins play Da'Bills and Da'Iggles? What kinda stoo'nad thinking iz dat?

I 'spect somebody in merc's "organization" made it very worth while to the Chiefs to lose that Broncos game so they could get a monstrous payday on folks betting against the sickly Chiefs and on the Phins who ain't beat a winning team all season.

As an aside, if you have ever wondered what your "mob" name would be....

https://themobmuseum.org/nickname-generator/

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:25 pm

finfanatic wrote:I am somewhat convinced merc is a "gumbah" who works in the "numbahs" rackets?  Shocked

I THOUGHT... I heard somebody say the Chiefs might get another point or so as folks were laying a lot of money on the Phins???  What? Ain't these people been watching the Phins play Da'Bills and Da'Iggles? What kinda stoo'nad thinking iz dat?

I 'spect somebody in merc's "organization" made it very worth while to the Chiefs to lose that Broncos game so they could get a monstrous payday on folks betting against the sickly Chiefs and on the Phins who ain't beat a winning team all season.

As an aside, if you have ever wondered what your "mob" name would be....

https://themobmuseum.org/nickname-generator/

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm 100% Italian, but my family is not connected in any way. I'm embarrassed to admit that my mob name was "Shorty"! Embarassed

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:27 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:i'm not convinced the NFL is stupid enough to believe a franchise in Europe would be sustainable (the NBA has a much better chance, but even they aren't that dumb).  most Europeans don't give a crap about American football (see the defunct NFL Europe league).  the vast majority of game attendees are US servicemen/women and other US based transplants.  although, the Europeans do love gambling - half the top tier teams in England and Germany soccer (futbol) leagues are sponsored by gambling websites and they do a TON of in-stadium advertising/betting.  and i think this is why the NFL is so insistent on a few games in Europe every year - its an instant cash grab for the NFL to collect on the gambling licenses (posting the shield on your website costs a boatload, but makes you back even more in the volume of bets it attracts).

i agree that NFL regular season and playoff games should be US only...but i could be convinced to let the Bills lose a home game to Toronto (say against Detroit) or perhaps Minnesota in Winnipeg or Seattle in Vancouver.  I think a franchise in Canada is far more likely (but still not that likely) long term than Europe.

and while we're talking gambling and European games...  i note that Vegas opened the line with KC a very unconvincing favorite giving 2.5 points.  i mean really, Pat the magician Mahomes and Taylor Swift's bf against the team that can't beat a team with a winning record?  oh that loss to Denver - well, Pat was sick...forget about it.  i wouldn't be surprised to see that line climb by a point given what's got to be all the money being laid down on the Chiefs for the easy cover, right?  right?!?!  and the over/under at 50.5.  that's basically saying Vegas has thrown up their hands in a low scoring gimme.  do the sharps have something up their sleeves?

i'll take Miami and the points to go well over.

Dolphins - 38
Chiefs - 31

A European team is not sustainable. But when has that stopped the NFL?

Anyway, I am not yet prepared to make my game prediction. Basketball

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:11 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:i'll take Miami and the points to go well over.

Dolphins - 38
Chiefs - 31

Not you too, Merc! I thought you at least had some sense Crying or Very sad

Here's the weird part--in the seven games since the opener neither the Fins nor their opponent have both scored 30-plus. People keep predicting it here but it never happens. scratch

JMP wrote:I'm 100% Italian, but my family is not connected in any way.  I'm embarrassed to admit that my mob name was "Shorty"!  Embarassed

My DolFan granddad who was full blooded Italian once happened across a mob picnic by accident. Seriously. He also grew up speaking only Italian and no English, and at some point before adulthood had forgotten almost all the Italian and only spoke English. Not sure how that works scratch

I'm not inclined to take the mob name generator after that time I took the test of what dog would you be and came out as a poodle Embarassed

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:22 pm

JMP wrote:I'm 100% Italian, but my family is not connected in any way. I'm embarrassed to admit that my mob name was "Shorty"! Embarassed

Me too.

I was very insulted and shouted "This woman..er...website...is a well-known liar!!"

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:43 pm

finfanatic wrote:
JMP wrote:I'm 100% Italian, but my family is not connected in any way. I'm embarrassed to admit that my mob name was "Shorty"!  Embarassed

Me too.

I was very insulted and shouted "This woman..er...website...is a well-known liar!!"

Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:34 am

I can’t stress enough how important this game is. At the end of the season, we’re going to look back and say that this game propelled us to greatness - or that this game pushed us back into the crowd and made us just another team. Win, and we become the #1 team in the AFC and essentially control our own destiny. Lose, and we become another team struggling to eek out a playoff berth.

Now is the time. Are the Dolphins ready to answer the call and become a legitimate contender?

After much internal debating, I’m ready to say…YES. The Dolphins are going to win this game and use it as a springboard to make some real noise this season.

I look at this Chiefs offense, and I see Mahomes and Kelce. And that’s it. Now, that’s nothing to scoff at. Both are future Hall of Famers and will finish their careers at the top of the heap at their respective positions. But, are two players enough? Yeah, they have a good OL. Yeah, they have a good (if inconsistent) running back. But they have no WRs that scare anyone - at all. With the addition of Jalen Ramsey, the Dolphins now have a defense that can potentially limit Kelce.

To me, the Dolphins defense is the key to the game. The big question here is, will Coach Fangio play it straight and keep Ramsey on the boundary - leaving Kelce to do whatever he wants underneath and in the middle? Or will Fangio stick Ramsey on Kelce and have the DB stay in Mr. Swift’s hip pocket all game? Given Ramsey’s history as a play-everywhere DB with top-tier coverage skills, my guess is it will be his job to follow Kelce wherever he goes. And if so, Kelce will be neutralized and a Miami victory becomes more likely. Of course, we still have to contend with Mahomes escaping pressure and making plays with his legs, but I trust the DL to get the job done.

The Chiefs have a very strong defense and do not allow a lot of points, but I expect the Phins to move the ball. I’m looking for a strong running game, which will in turn give Tua and his receivers more room to work. We should have Williams back at center, which is HUGE, and Armstead and Hunt may be back as well. I love our chances on offense - especially with Tyreek Hill facing his former team and looking to put on a show in front of the world.

So yes, despite my feelings of disillusionment after the Eagles’ loss, I feel confident heading into this game. I think it will be a close game, and lower-scoring than people expect. This is a matchup that could really go either way, but I see a Dolphins’ victory. Let’s call it 27-17, Dolphins.

(Sorry, 316.)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:23 am

JMP wrote:(Sorry, 316.)

I'm the one feeling sorry for YOU after yet another devastating defeat sends you into the deep, dark depths of dismal despair Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad And after all the progress you made last week. (Sighs.)

The fewest points the Chiefs have allowed in a game is 24. The Fins are allowing over 25 points per game. This is not going to end well. Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:10 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:(Sorry, 316.)

I'm the one feeling sorry for YOU after yet another devastating defeat sends you into the deep, dark depths of dismal despair Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad And after all the progress you made last week. (Sighs.)

The fewest points the Chiefs have allowed in a game is 24. The Fins are allowing over 25 points per game. This is not going to end well. Evil or Very Mad

It's different this time. I'm not drinking a full glass of kool-aid...just a sip! I fully recognize that the Phins can lose this game.

I just think it's a matchup that favors the Dolphins - mostly because of Ramsey on D and Hill on O.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:15 pm

Mostert, X, Smythe, Armstead all practiced today. I have not heard about Williams or Hunt yet.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:03 pm

I want to believe... I really do...

I would dearly love to kick that football Lucy is holding, but...

Until the Phins prove they can beat a team with a winning record, I just ain't a gonna believe it.

I think the key to the game is going to be how effective Chris Jones is at penetrating against the Phins bad Oline. As always, if the Phins can get even a semblance of a rushing attack, the offense will work. Without that, it's just too easy to clog the seams and double Hill.

A big win over the Chiefs would go A LONG WAY towards giving this team some confidence about facing some of those other winning teams down the stretch.

As always... Go Phins!!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:24 pm

JMP wrote:Mostert, X, Smythe, Armstead all practiced today.  I have not heard about Williams or Hunt yet.

the latest on injuries after Thursday's practice.

Right guard Robert Hunt, though, did not practice for a second consecutive day, putting his availability for Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs in question.

Left tackle Terron Armstead, who was designated to return from injured reserve on Wednesday, practiced in a limited capacity for the second consecutive day.

The Dolphins added two players to the injury report: wide receiver Braxton Berrios (hamstring) and defensive back Justin Bethel (foot). Both were limited on Thursday after practicing fully on Wednesday, signaling they likely sustained the injuries during practice.

Cornerbacks Jalen Ramsey (knee), Xavien Howard (groin) and Nik Needham (Achilles); center Connor Williams (groin); and wide receiver River Cracraft (shoulder) were also limited for the second straight day. Fullback Alec Ingold (foot) and wide receiver Jaylen Waddle (back) were full participants.

Safety Brandon Jones also did not practice, as he remains in Miami going through concussion protocol.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article281337803.html

the most concerning is Hunt not practicing.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:22 pm

Damn, so Hunt is almost certainly out. Usually if you don't practice Thursday, you don't play.

Hopefully Berrios is OK...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:25 pm

finfanatic wrote:I want to believe... I really do...

I would dearly love to kick that football Lucy is holding, but...

Until the Phins prove they can beat a team with a winning record, I just ain't a gonna believe it.

I think the key to the game is going to be how effective Chris Jones is at penetrating against the Phins bad Oline. As always, if the Phins can get even a semblance of a rushing attack, the offense will work. Without that, it's just too easy to clog the seams and double Hill.

A big win over the Chiefs would go A LONG WAY towards giving this team some confidence about facing some of those other winning teams down the stretch.

As always... Go Phins!!

Great post. The Phins need this victory to prove to themselves that they can win a game like this. A win is definitely a huge confidence-builder.

Having Williams back will help with Chris Jones - but we will likely have two inexperienced starting guards, so that could still be an issue.

Whatever it takes: just win, baby!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:56 am

Confirmed. Hunt is out.

Now, after leaving last Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots due to a hamstring injury, right guard Robert Hunt has been ruled out for this week’s battle with the Kansas City Chiefs, according to head coach Mike McDaniel.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/03/dolphins-robert-hunt-out-vs-chiefs/

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next