The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Bye Week Ever?

+2
DolFan 316
finskev
6 posters

Go down

Best Bye Week Ever? Empty Best Bye Week Ever?

Post by finskev Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:56 am

Didn't Play this Week and AFC Teams were Losing Left and Right.

Ravens
Bengals
Jags
Bills
Jets
Chargers

Top 4 Teams above were Very Helpful in our Quest for the Playoffs and Our Division, Ravens & Bills Losing is always a Great Thing. Despised the Ravens ever since the Ray Lewis Incident.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Best Bye Week Ever? Empty Re: Best Bye Week Ever?

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:04 am

finskev wrote:Despised the Ravens ever since the Ray Lewis Incident.

I just wish they hadn't lost to the Watsons, but it's almost mathematically impossible for *every* game in any given week to go the way I want. This was literally as good as a bye week can get. I cannot remember any other Fins bye ever where the season was this much better for them afterwards without them doing a thing.

DolFan 316

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:09 am

I was rooting for the Browns to win and Watson to play bad. That sort of happened most of the game, and now he's battling another injury. Win-win. cheers

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:52 pm

And to think, this is only Tuesday. The way things are going, how much better can it get for the Fins by, say, Thursday? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:46 am

JMP wrote:I was rooting for the Browns to win and Watson to play bad.  That sort of happened most of the game, and now he's battling another injury.  Win-win.   cheers

Deshaun Watson is now out for the season - shoulder surgery. Karma's a bitch - for both Watson and the Browns.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:52 am

JMP wrote:
JMP wrote:I was rooting for the Browns to win and Watson to play bad.  That sort of happened most of the game, and now he's battling another injury.  Win-win.   cheers

Deshaun Watson is now out for the season - shoulder surgery.  Karma's a bitch - for both Watson and the Browns.

Haha, I was right! Between this and the Jets situation things actually DID get better! cheers cheers cheers

(Not that I ever root for any player to be injured of course, that would make me a horrible person and stuff.)

Wink

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:56 am

i don't know where to put this, so i'll leave it here (although it technically didn't happen during the bye week).

On Tuesday, the team held workouts for six players – offensive linemen Andrew Norwell, Colby Gossett and Wes Martin, and defensive backs Bubba Bolden, Dane Cruikshank and A.J. Moore.

Norwell, 32, went undrafted in 2014 out of Ohio State, but he caught on with the Carolina Panthers, playing four seasons there and making one All-Pro First-team. He became the league’s highest-paid guard the following offseason when he signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Norwell spent four seasons in Duval before playing with the Washington Commanders in 2022.

Gossett, 25, was a sixth-round pick of the Minnesota Vikings in 2018 after a collegiate career at Appalachian State. He’s bounced around a bit in his time in the NFL, spending time with six teams. Overall, he’s appeared in 19 games and started five.

Martin, 27, was a 2019 fourth-round selection by Washington out of Indiana. He’s also spent time with the Jaguars, New York Giants and Cleveland Browns, playing 38 games and starting 11 over the last five years.

Bolden, 24, went undrafted in 2022 after playing collegiately for USC and Miami which included Second-team All-ACC honors in 2020. He signed with the Seattle Seahawks but spent his rookie season on the Browns practice squad.

Cruikshank, 28, was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the fifth round of the 2018 draft out of Arizona. He played four years with Tennessee and spent time with the Chicago Bears and New York Jets since. He’s appeared in 54 games, recording 66 tackles, two passes defensed, one interception and a forced fumble.

Moore, 27, was an undrafted free agent signed by the New England Patriots back in 2018 after playing for Ole Miss in college. He was claimed by the Houston Texans during roster cuts in his rookie year and played out his rookie contract with the team before spending last season with the Titans. He’s played in 56 games, recording 69 tackles, two forced fumbles, one pass defensed and a sack.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-former-highest-paid-guard-130026784.html

no action on any of these yet, but hey, at least they are looking at o-linemen. Shocked

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:58 am

IDK about you guys, but I had to put up with people yammering about how the McDaniel offense has been figured out and the problems it has are unfixable all damn week. And that might still be true. But the word perspective still means something to me at least. Wake me up when McDaniel feels the need to throw the OC under the bus or start cutting backup RBs to make things better.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:01 am

Assuming he's healthy (recovering from a hip injury), I'd love to see Andrew Norwell signed to the PS as soon as possible, and then moved up as soon as he's ready. Solid player with tons of starting experience at Left Guard, and a sure upgrade over Cotton and Jones once he's comfortable with the offense. He could me a MAJOR addition down the stretch.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:05 am

DolFan 316 wrote:IDK about you guys, but I had to put up with people yammering about how the McDaniel offense has been figured out and the problems it has are unfixable all damn week. And that might still be true. But the word perspective still means something to me at least. Wake me up when McDaniel feels the need to throw the OC under the bus or start cutting backup RBs to make things better.

Great post, and very true. The Dolphins aren't the team that's imploding - it's the rest of the East.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:08 am

JMP wrote:Assuming he's healthy (recovering from a hip injury), I'd love to see Andrew Norwell signed to the PS as soon as possible, and then moved up as soon as he's ready. Solid player with tons of starting experience at Left Guard, and a sure upgrade over Cotton and Jones once he's comfortable with the offense.  He could me a MAJOR addition down the stretch.

Norwell's the only one of those guys I've even heard of, which means the other bums probably aren't even better than Cotton and may actually somehow be WORSE affraid So...yeah, what you said Very Happy

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:27 am

how is this NOT front page news?!

Rams fans will finally get a look at the player Los Angeles received in the Jalen Ramsey trade. The Rams announced on Tuesday that tight end Hunter Long has been activated off injured reserve. He’s been on IR all season but has now been added to the 53-man roster, making him eligible to play as early as Sunday.

Long missed most of training camp with a groin injury before being sidelined with a thigh issue during the regular season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-activate-te-hunter-long-220543755.html

Razz

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:45 am

Hunter Long...what a wasted 3rd round pick But hey, we did get Ramsey for him so that's a win.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:04 pm

At least Long was one round below current "Looks Like Another Grier Bust" Cam Smith!

How freakin' sad is it that early mock drafts have the Phins using a 1st rounder for a freakin' CB next season!!

We all need to get our wiffle ball bats and head south!! Twisted Evil

Yeah, just a glorious week for the AFC East.

My wife came to check on me when I went into howls of laughter after Zappe threw the game-ending INT and Belicheck did the double face palm on the sideline!!

The Jets laid an offensive egg on Sunday Night (but Zach played pretty good according to Salah!!! He is starting to sound like Dave "Worst GM/HC Ever" Dumbstedt more and more!!) and then the coup de main was the Broncos getting a flag on the missed FG to get another chance for a game winning FG!!!

The look on Joshie's face when he realized the Bills were gonna lose was priceless!!

And then, they fired Ken Dorsey!!! I almost went into systemic shock at the sheer schadenfreude!! First Leslie Frazier has apparently forgotten how to call a defense and now Dorsey is the reason Joshie is tossing INTs and fumbling like heck!!!

I did have a long confab with some friends about the McD offense and they all seem to think my idea where McD lets someone else call the plays might throw off the known offensive tendencies opposing Defenses are keying on??

I think the main thing is to just recognize that the motions, the crosses, and sprints McD is using to get some space for Tua to throw the ball into are not working on the opposing defenses, and just gameplan for allowing Tua to drop back and read the coverage and go where the open receiver is.

With the skill players Miami has on offense, there is no reason to keep trying to fool the defense. Just run a more normalized offense and let your better players get open.

The main thing again is: If the Phins can run the ball, the offense will work.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:33 pm

Yes, FF, the Zappe INT was just perfect!  A middle finger in Belichick's face!  Beautiful!   Laughing

As for the Dolphins offense, I think the motion and all that other stuff works just fine at home.  On the road, the communication issues just kill everything. The pre-snap stuff gets sloppy because it takes too long to get the play in and get set, and everyone ends up rushing - leading to penalties and mistakes.  That MUST be addressed moving forward.  And yes - the running game makes it all work better...let's hope Achane picks up where he left off and stays healthy.

Last edited by JMP on Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:24 pm

I'm going to call this the 2nd best. The best was in 1988 when I hooked up with the two hairdressers 😂😂😂

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:40 pm

CarsonChris wrote:The best was in 1988 when I hooked up with the two hairdressers 😂😂😂

bi-week?  hairdressers?  i bet you boyz had fun.

Best Bye Week Ever? E06eae_9f7d45754fe04275b5304933b7c55015~mv2

sorry. couldn't resist.

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and CarsonChris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:19 pm

CarsonChris wrote:The best was in 1988 when I hooked up with the two hairdressers 😂😂😂

cyclops Need more info.

JMP
Admin

CarsonChris likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:20 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:

bi-week?  hairdressers?  i bet you boyz had fun.

Best Bye Week Ever? E06eae_9f7d45754fe04275b5304933b7c55015~mv2

sorry.  couldn't resist.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Bi-week!!!! That is hilarious!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:10 pm

JMP wrote:

cyclops   Need more info.
Thanksgiving weekend my sister and brother in law were in town. My brother in law is a very funny guy and he told jokes after dinner. Went to a party with the jokes. Started telling them. The two hairdressers were there with their boyfriends. They are both eyeball f-ing me while I'm telling the jokes.  The two boyfriends don't like the party and want to leave. They leave and then one of the hairdressers approaches me. We start hooking up when the other hairdresser comes in and tells her friend that the BF showed up. So the first one leaves with the BF. 2nd one starts talking with me. Next thing you know we are hooking up. 1st one comes back 30-40 minutes later and sees me with her friend. We start talking and I apologized with the caveat that she'd left and what's a guy to do? She responds, "Well, friends do share with friends!" The rest was a magical night that left a permanent smile on my face for about a week! I didn't sleep that night!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:03 pm

Welp, this took a rather...unexpected direction Laughing Laughing Laughing And now I'm jealous Crying or Very sad

Not that I could've had this sort of experience in '88 anyway seeing as I was only 15 at the time and hardly the walking aphrodisiac I am today Wink

BTW as I was reading I kept thinking more and more how HIGHLY disappointed I would be if things *didn't* end in a threesome. And it's totally believable since we all know by now that if you can make a woman laugh, she's putty in your hands. Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:59 pm

Carson is now my idol. Seriously. That is outstanding, my friend! cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down