The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oh, its Dolphins week - you're fired

+2
JMP
mercury22nathan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

oh, its Dolphins week - you're fired Empty oh, its Dolphins week - you're fired

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:49 pm

i've heard of teams getting a reputation of leaving a trail of fired coaches in their wake, but i've never heard of a team getting a reputation for coaches being fired proactively just before facing them. scratch

first Del Rio and now...

Titans coach Mike Vrabel announced Monday that the team has fired special teams coach Craig Aukerman.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39042016/titans-fire-special-teams-coordinator-punting-miscues

i can think of a lot of candidates the Jets might fire next week. Twisted Evil

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

oh, its Dolphins week - you're fired Empty Re: oh, its Dolphins week - you're fired

Post by JMP Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:57 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:i've heard of teams getting a reputation of leaving a trail of fired coaches in their wake, but i've never heard of a team getting a reputation for coaches being fired proactively just before facing them.  scratch

first Del Rio and now...

Titans coach Mike Vrabel announced Monday that the team has fired special teams coach Craig Aukerman.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39042016/titans-fire-special-teams-coordinator-punting-miscues

i can think of a lot of candidates the Jets might fire next week.  Twisted Evil

Ha! These teams are really getting ridiculous with the pointless firings. Like, does Vrabel really believe that firing the STs coach is going to buy him more time on the sinking ship that is the Titans? Rolling Eyes

Speaking of the Jets, things are so bad there that Saleh is considering going back to Zach Wilson at QB - and Zach may not even want the job! You can't make this stuff up! Laughing Laughing I can't blame Zach...why ruin his career even further by playing on that dumpster fire's dumpster fire of an offense??? He should really just request his release now and distance himself from that disaster.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

oh, its Dolphins week - you're fired Empty Re: oh, its Dolphins week - you're fired

Post by white1 Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:28 pm

Ha! These teams are really getting ridiculous with the pointless firings. Like, does Vrabel really believe that firing the STs coach is going to buy him more time on the sinking ship that is the Titans?

It was past time to move on from Tannehill, and I believe he will cost another head coach his job...

He's all potential, and I think it would be fair at this point in his career to call him a Coach Killer.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:43 pm

Typical 2020s "leadership". I'm in complete control of everything until something goes wrong, then I'll expect you to believe it's totally the fault of other people so I don't get replaced. Rolling Eyes

It's cowardly, absolutely cowardly Evil or Very Mad I hope every single one of these coaches throwing assistants under the bus left and right get fired and never becomes a head coach again. That's what I'm rooting for because that's what those COWARDS deserve.

I'm actually both flattered and annoyed at the same time. Better than being the sort of team coaches get fired AFTER losing to for sure.

DolFan 316

JMP and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:33 am

JMP wrote:Speaking of the Jets, things are so bad there that Saleh is considering going back to Zach Wilson at QB - and Zach may not even want the job!

apparently there was a report that Wilson did not want to play due to possible injury risk, yet Saleh was adamant that Wilson did want to play - but oddly would not name a starting QB on Monday as he ALWAYS has done in the past. Saleh did later admit...

Later, in his weekly spot on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN New York radio, Saleh said it's "conceivable" that Wilson made a comment to a teammate about being reluctant to return to the lineup, which got leaked.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39042727/jets-saleh-zach-wilson-wants-play-not-ready-tab-qb

so what's the holdup in naming a starter?

Chances are, Saleh will return to Wilson, but the delay in the decision is curious. When he went from Wilson to Boyle, the announcement was made on a Monday. Saleh might want to take the temperature of the locker room before promoting a player perceived to be apprehensive about the job.

so just exactly who is in charge over there? oh yea, maybe they should ask Aaron Rodgers who should start.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:09 am

Supposedly the new GM, Aaron Rodgers, has been trying to convince Wilson to play.

Just a total clusterfuck.

And I love it!!!! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:27 am

well, I like Vrabel and really hope he does not get the Patriots job.

Also, I heard on Moving the Chains yesterday, that apparently the ST coach in Tenn had not been getting the backup holder, Tannehill, to get the normal ten to twelve snaps-holds and discuss with the kicker exactly how he liked it held and the spin and everything during practices.

Jim Miller, ex-QB, who used to be a backup holder, said he normally got ten to twelve snap holds in practice per week just so he knew how the kicker wanted the ball held.

So Tannehill was not prepared for holding the ball the way the kicker wanted it and the bad-hold was the casuse of the Fg miss that cost the Titans a game.

So, I can see why a you might fire a ST coach who let something like that slide.

But not during the season. That just sux big time IMO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:03 pm

JMP wrote:...the new GM, Aaron Rodgers...

uh oh, i wonder if they got Mr. Rodgers' permission before making this move?

Tim Boyle is going from being the Jets' starting quarterback, to benched, to off the team entirely.

According to multiple reports, the Jets plan to release Boyle and sign Brett Rypien to the practice squad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-releasing-tim-boyle-signing-174335932.html

i wonder who the QB will be when the Dolphins face them in a few weeks?

mercury22nathan

JMP, DolFan 316 and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:24 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:...the new GM, Aaron Rodgers...

uh oh, i wonder if they got Mr. Rodgers' permission before making this move?

Tim Boyle is going from being the Jets' starting quarterback, to benched, to off the team entirely.

According to multiple reports, the Jets plan to release Boyle and sign Brett Rypien to the practice squad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-releasing-tim-boyle-signing-174335932.html

i wonder who the QB will be when the Dolphins face them in a few weeks?

Now Brett Rypien??? What a carousel of shit.

Funny thing is, they had Joe Flacco last season and he would have been better than any of the festering crap they continue to trot out on the field.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and finfanatic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:44 pm

I am beginning to wonder just what is going on with the Jets?

It just does not make much sense.

As a Phins Phan though, I am enjoying it immensely, but... at this point it is not even scratch your head stuff, it is just blatant "WTF!!!" kind of crap!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:53 pm

finfanatic wrote:I am beginning to wonder just what is going on with the Jets?

It just does not make much sense.

As a Phins Phan though, I am enjoying it immensely, but... at this point it is not even scratch your head stuff, it is just blatant "WTF!!!" kind of crap!

Zach went from starter to #3 emergency QB to starter. Tim Boyle went from #3 emergency QB, to #2 QB, to starter, to...cut! Trevor Siemian went from #3 emergency QB to starter. And all this happened because they signed a 40-year old QB and expected him to make everything better, while playing behind the league's worst OL. It speaks to a complete lack of planning and horrifically-bad talent evaluation. And the crazy part is, everyone involved will keep their jobs because Aaron Rodgers says so.

If this was a comedy show on TV, I'd rip it apart for being too far from reality. But here we are - it's actually happening! jocolor

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:41 am

The Jet's saga is great. Aaron Rogers is running the team and rolling everything back next season. Everyone he asked the Jets to bring in failed.
I still wish we were playing Tanny this week to see him get sacked and fumble a dozen times.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:48 am

so apparently Wilson did ask some folks in the organization (fellow players and coaches) about the wisdom of continuing to play behind NYJ's porous o-line considering the high risk of injury and the fact that he in all likelihood is not in NYJ's long term plans. and it got out. it apparently wasn't a secret and Wilson did not hide his query. and now...

"That's a problem with the organization," Rodgers said on "The Pat McAfee Show" on Tuesday. "We need to get to the bottom of whatever this is coming from and put a stop to it privately, because there's no place in a winning culture where -- and this isn't the only time. There's been a bunch of other leaks."

"Some conversations are only meant for certain people and shouldn't leave the building," Rodgers said. "There's a trust that goes along with being in the locker room, where you say something to your homie and that s--- doesn't go anywhere. Or you say something in the team meeting room [and it] doesn't go anywhere. There's been too many instances this season where stuff is happening. It's not OK, and we need to weed it out in whatever way necessary."

Now, he said, they "need to fine-tune a couple of things, just tighten a few things up."

"I believe in the individuals in the position of leadership," he said. "I think that there's, just like anywhere, there's a lot of reactions that happen at various times, and some may be influenced by fans and pundits, maybe a little more than I'm used to. But I think it's a great opportunity for us to stick together now and to just watch and see how it all plays out and how people respond to this adversity. It's been a wild ride, and I look forward to taking back the reins pretty soon."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39048539/aaron-rodgers-defends-zach-wilson-scolds-jets-leaks-media

WOW, this MFer really is taking this shit serious. he really believes he's running the show (i guess all evidence shows he actually is). we need to stop it and weed it out?!?!...this dude really does think he has the power to fire people (i guess he does).

taking back the reins [of control] pretty soon. Shocked Shocked Shocked

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:06 am

Damn, he's literally out of his mind. I saw interviews in Green Bay too where he talked like he was in charge of the whole organization. No wonder they couldn't wait to get rid of him...and no wonder the Jets were the only team interested in him! LOL

I've seen a lot of pompous, self-important, all-about-me athletes in my day, but this guy just takes it to a new level. Wow.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:25 pm

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:39 pm

He cares so much about the team that he scheduled his 40th birthday celebrity bash on a gameday. This guy is really something else. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:43 pm

And oh yeah - Zach Wilson is officially the Jets' starter again, and Saleh actually said "Zach gives us our best chance to win.” Laughing Laughing Laughing

So...is that why he was your #3 emergency QB, practicing with the practice squad, the last couple of weeks??? scratch

It gets better every day! geek

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:41 pm

Man, what a scroogied up franchise.

When the owner is wearing a big ass rapper necklace with "Woody" emblazoned in jewels on it, you know something ain't right! Rolling Eyes

Shocked

Cool

Laughing
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:16 am

ZACH IS BACK
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:56 am

JEGnj wrote:ZACH IS BACK

It's crazy how the guy goes back and forth between starter and #3...and Saleh just keeps feeding the fanbase the same BS over and over.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:15 am

I love how the term "scroogied up" has made a comeback--and for once it's not describing THIS team cheers

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:14 am

I heard DF316's favorite talking head , Mike Florio.... Wink saying that when Salah talks you can see in his eyes that he really, really wants to tell the truth about how much meddling the Jets Owner Woody has been doing behind the scenes. How he wanted to keep Flacco, but he was told no. How he wanted to keep Zach as the starter but he was told no, start Boyle, and how he didn't want to cut Boyle, and on and on all these dumbarse moves the Jets be making.

There HAS to be some sort of idiotic rationale behind these stupid moves and it has to be someone with enough clout to force the HC to have to do something as blatantly nonsensical as we are seeing from the Jets?

I mean Salah doesn't seem to be totally dim-witted, right?

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:54 am

Wilson denied the whole thing, yet...

"I've never once said that to anybody in this locker room, that I wouldn't want to play," Wilson said.

He said he didn't feel the need to clear the air with teammates -- he didn't address it in the team meeting -- but he evidently discussed it with some players.

"He talked to us about it," tight end Tyler Conklin told ESPN "... He made it very clear that, 'Hey, I want to be out there battling with you guys.'"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39055511/jets-returning-zach-wilson-qb1-texans

umm, so which is it, you did or didn't talk to your teammates. apparently Conklin didn't get the memo about lying for Wilson's benefit. i suspect he'll be called to a meeting in Mr. Rodgers' office.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:57 am

Rodgers hasn't ruled out the possibility of returning, but the Jets have less than a 0.1% chance of making the playoffs, according to ESPN Analytics. The four-time MVP said it wouldn't make "a ton of sense" to risk reinjury in games with no playoff implications.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39055511/jets-returning-zach-wilson-qb1-texans

so let me get this straight. Wilson get crushed for not wanting to play for fear of getting injured on a team with which he has no future. Yet it makes perfect sense for Rodgers not to play for fear of getting injured? hypocrites.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:05 am

finfanatic wrote:...when Salah talks you can see in his eyes that he really, really wants to tell the truth...

you're right. so let's let him. here is what he said...

"Zach gives us the best chance to win," said Saleh

Asked if Wilson will remain the Jets' starting quarterback for the rest of the season, Saleh responded, "God willing."

"I'm not concerned one bit about that report within the locker room," Saleh said. "... I have my reasons, but Zach is in a great place, the locker room is in a great place, and he will be ready to play ball."

"I don't think it's an attack on the organization," Saleh said Wednesday, "but I always appreciate Aaron's thoughts and comments."

here's what he REALLY said...

"Zach gives us the best chance to win," said Saleh, "cause we have no one else."

Asked if Wilson will remain the Jets' starting quarterback for the rest of the season, Saleh responded, "God, umm, I mean Aaron Rodgers - who is a god - willing."

"I'm not concerned one bit about that report within the locker room," Saleh said. "... I have my reasons that Mr. Rodgers told me, but Zach is in a great place, the locker room is in a great place now that Aaron, umm, Mr. Rodgers straightened it out, and he will be ready to play ball. Somebody has to do it."

"I don't think it's an attack on the organization," Saleh said Wednesday, "but I always appreciate Aaron's thoughts and comments cause he's my boss."

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next