The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T'Vondre Sweat is now a Dolphin!!!

4 posters

Go down

T'Vondre Sweat is now a Dolphin!!! Empty T'Vondre Sweat is now a Dolphin!!!

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:51 am

Bwa Ha Ha Ha.

After allegedly getting a DWI, he will fall and Grier loves him some falling player for value sake.

Plus, he has a weight issue and apparently is young and stupid as a dead stick to get a DWI right before the freakin' draft, so that means Grier is gonna just love, love, love him!!!

Rolling Eyes

I sincerely hope not, but...
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

T'Vondre Sweat is now a Dolphin!!! Empty Re: T'Vondre Sweat is now a Dolphin!!!

Post by JMP Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:37 am

Pure stupidity. I suspect this will hurt his already questionable draft value.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:53 pm

I told you drafting him would be a mistake all along. Not that I ever toot my own horn around here no, I'm much too modest for that Cool

Also, can you even imagine the amount of alcohol needed to get a man THAT size drunk?!?! affraid affraid affraid Holy guacamole...it probably exceeds any sensible bartender's cutoff point by quite a bit!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:04 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but in the same link that details Sweat's arrest I found out who the real Fins' first pick will be...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/04/draft-notes-sweat-seahawks-titans-latham-bears-guyton-patriots-packers-mckinstry-mims-eagles-broncos

This draft class features another raw tackle talent drawing first-round consideration. Amarius Mims has Guyton beat, starting eight games in three Georgia seasons. Six of Mims’ starts came at right tackle last season. The 6-foot-8, 340-pound tackle missed time at Georgia, requiring ankle surgery early last season, and suffered a hamstring injury while running at the Combine. Viewed as high-ceiling talent, Mims has drawn understandable concerns about his durability, per ESPN.com’s Jordan Reid.

We all know Grier won't be able to resist (sighs). I'm seriously already in the process of preparing myself emotionally for this.

Also, it's so good to know Sweat can casually post a $3K bond with his NIL money. Think the average American could do that, or would even get that option? Neither do I. I miss the days when college athletes were as poor as every other college student (sighs).

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:08 pm

Yeah, I have narrowed my picks choices down to about five for #21, those I THINK/HOPE might still be there, and if they are not, I want the Phins to trade down.

And at this point, even if one of those five or so is still available, if the offer is really good, TRADE DOWN!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:02 pm

I doubt either Mims or Guyton would be high on the Phins board at 21. They just haven't played enough, and if the Phins draft OL high it has to be someone that can play right away. Neither of those guys is a definite year one starter, let alone day one starter, at all.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:00 pm

JMP wrote:I doubt either Mims or Guyton would be high on the Phins board at 21.  They just haven't played enough, and if the Phins draft OL high it has to be someone that can play right away.  Neither of those guys is a definite year one starter, let alone day one starter, at all.

But that's the logic Grier will use, see? "We have Armstead but he gets hurt so much that Pick X will definitely play a lot! And besides, Armstead can mentor him and needs to be replaced sooner or later anyway!"

Just like "we need a CB!" was used to justify Cam Smith--who only ended up proving this team did NOT in fact need to pick a CB, seeing as they won 11 games with their best point differential since '85 with him literally hardly ever seeing the field. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

But I'm glad to see us suddenly agreeing on stuff Very Happy cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:57 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I doubt either Mims or Guyton would be high on the Phins board at 21.  They just haven't played enough, and if the Phins draft OL high it has to be someone that can play right away.  Neither of those guys is a definite year one starter, let alone day one starter, at all.

But that's the logic Grier will use, see? "We have Armstead but he gets hurt so much that Pick X will definitely play a lot! And besides, Armstead can mentor him and needs to be replaced sooner or later anyway!"

I don't see Grier thinking that way at all, not about a raw rookie with very little college experience. I could definitely see him draft an experienced tackle to play at guard this year and then move to LT next season - but again, I just don't see a 1st round lineman who has barely played.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:32 am

My other thing with Mims, aside from the lack of experience and the potential to eat himself out of football, is that I view him as a RT only. I don't think he is a guard, and I don't think he has the feet to play LT. I also don't see him as athletic enough for the Miami offense. So yeah, I would not draft him in round 1 and I don't think the Phins will either.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:50 pm

Yeah, I am thinking along the same lines.

Right now I have Fautanu, Barton, and maybe Latham and Fashanu on the list but I doubt Fashanu last until #21.

It is looking like Edge or WR is they stay put. Maybe if the really like DT Newton or Murphy?

If Terrion Arnold drops, would Grier pass on the CB then?

Stay tuned Phin Phans!

EDIT to add - I am still thinking trade down for a couple more picks would be for the best. The late second through 4th rounds are going to have some killer value IMHO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:34 pm

finfanatic wrote:
EDIT to add - I am still thinking trade down for a couple more picks would be for the best. The late second through 4th rounds are going to have some killer value IMHO.

THIS!!!!

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:16 pm

too bad Sweat is apparently a total dumbass. Wouldn't take him in the first two rounds myself, maybe not in the third either.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:52 am

HalCHorn wrote:too bad Sweat is apparently a total dumbass.  Wouldn't take him in the first two rounds myself, maybe not in the third either.

Yep, I was a fan of his in college and early in the draft process, but the more I hear the more he just seems like a huge risk...for a variety of reasons. 316 called it from day 1.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down