The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft Day 2 best available players

4 posters

Go down

Draft Day 2 best available players Empty Draft Day 2 best available players

Post by JMP Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:01 am

Pretty good list of available players for today, courtesy of @uSTADIUM:

C Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon
CB Cooper DeJean, Iowa
WR Ladd McConkey, Georgia
DT Johnny Newton, Illinois
WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas
LB Payton Wilson, NC State
OL Zach Frazier, West Virginia
EDGE Marshawn Kneeland, W. Michigan
WR Troy Franklin, Oregon
S Tyler Nubin, Minnesota
WR Roman Wilson, Michigan
LB Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M
OT Patrick Paul, Houston
CB Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama
OT Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
OG Christian Haynes, UCONN
WR Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
OL Cooper Beebe, Kansas State
OT Kiran Amegadjie, Yale
CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr., Missouri
DL Braden Fiske, Florida State
WR Keon Coleman, Florida State
RB Jonathon Brooks, Texas
DT T'Vondre Sweat, Texas
WR Jalen McMillian, Washington
WR Jermaine Burton, Alabama
DL Austin Booker, Kansas
EDGE Adisa Isaac, Penn State
WR Javon Baker, UCF
DT Maason Smith, LSU
IOL Dominick Puni, Kansas
DT Kris Jenkins, Michigan
WR JaLynn Polk, Washington
OL Christian Mahogany, Boston College
EDGE Chris Braswell, Alabama
OL Zak Zinter, Michigan
S Kamren Kinchens, Miami
CB T.J Tampa, Iowa State
CB Renardo Green, Florida State
WR Devontez Walker, UNC
CB Kamari Lassiter, Georgia
OL Brandon Coleman, TCU
WR Jacob Cowing, Arizona
S Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, Texas Tech
WR Brenden Rice, USC
RB Trey Benson, Florida State
TE Ben Sinnott, Kansas State
OT Roger Rosengarten, Washington
RB Blake Corum, Michigan
TE Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas
RB Braelon Allen, Wisconsin
S Javon Bullard, Georgia
LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Clemson
OT Blake Fisher, Notre Dame

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Draft Day 2 best available players Empty Re: Draft Day 2 best available players

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am

Surely Grier is going to draft an offensive lineman in the 2nd?

Or maybe not and then trade his way back up into the late 2nd or 3rd for the Olineman?

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 pm

Lots of good talent left.

I doubt Zach Frazier makes it to 55, but I like him to compete at a guard position and serve as the primary backup center.

I love Cooper Beebe at guard.

LB Payton Wilson is one of my favorite players in this entire class. He's a first rounder if not for the injury history. I also like LB Jeremiah Trotter.

Some good safeties - in particular for me, Bullard and Nubin.

And some of my other favorites in this class: WR Roman Wilson and DL Braden Fiske.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm

ESPN has us picking Maason Smith DT LSU , Who has an 84 Grade and 49th ranked player in the Draft according to them.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

Still a lot of Talent at WR if they decide to go there. There are Two Centers with a 2nd rd grade, jackson power and zach frazier , I like Frazier better he has huge hands and has already played in zone running scheme we use and has a nasty attitude also, I'm always in favor of Nasty in the Trenches. Best OT left Grade wise is Blake Fisher ND 82 Grade & 56 Overall, Guard is Christian Haynes UCONN 79 Grade & 70 Overall.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:38 pm

finskev wrote:ESPN has us picking Maason Smith DT LSU , Who has an 84 Grade and 49th ranked player in the Draft according to them.

Good lord people just won't give up this weird DT obsession Rolling Eyes The dude whose Youtube stream I watched last night also has them going DT (Kris Jenkins) in his 2nd round mock. WHY do they not GET that this team has MORE than enough DTs ALREADY??? (Sighs.)

Just give me Beebe with Haynes as option B. I knew from day one that Frazier doesn't fit this system and won't be considered because he's not "athletic" enough Rolling Eyes

Grier's at least earned the temporary benefit of the doubt from me by not screwing up as usual, much like parents who leave the kids alone for the first time and come back to find the house still intact. It doesn't mean you suddenly trust them implicitly with anything more complicated but it's a start. As I said before even *I* can't blame him for whatever the hell that clusterfuck from picks 17-20 was. He had the perfect chance to go CB there but didn't (in fact none had been taken at that point) so I'm confident he won't suddenly do it today.

I will also say though that in the PFN mock I did with the complete first round (every pick made by every team the same as IRL) that neither Beebe nor Haynes was there at 55 but somehow Kneeland was. Grier might be correct in thinking he'll have work to do to get either of them. And I would be fine with a trade up at the right price. Beebe/Haynes can start right away, I know it.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:43 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
finskev wrote:ESPN has us picking Maason Smith DT LSU , Who has an 84 Grade and 49th ranked player in the Draft according to them.

Good lord people just won't give up this weird DT obsession Rolling Eyes The dude whose Youtube stream I watched last night also has them going DT (Kris Jenkins) in his 2nd round mock. WHY do they not GET that this team has MORE than enough DTs ALREADY??? (Sighs.)

Just give me Beebe with Haynes as option B. I knew from day one that Frazier doesn't fit this system and won't be considered because he's not "athletic" enough Rolling Eyes

Grier's at least earned the temorary benefit of the doubt from me by not screwing up as usual, much like parents who leave the kids alone for the first time and come back to find the house still intact. It doesn't mean you suddenly trust them implicitly with anything more complicated but it's a start. As I said before even *I* can't blame him for whatever the hell that clusterfuck from picks 17-20 was. He had the perfect chance to go CB there but didn't (in fact none had been taken at that point) so I'm confident he won't suddenly do it today.

I will also say though that in the PFN mock I did with the complete first round (every pick made by every team the same as IRL) that neither Beebe nor Haynes was there at 55 but somehow Kneeland was. Grier might be correct in thinking he'll have work to do to get either of them. And I would be fine with a trade up at the right price. Beebe/Haynes can start right away, I know it.

Yeah, we already have too many DTs, so unless it's someone really special DT is hard for me to see.

The first 16 picks really couldn't have gone any better for the Dolphins. And then 17-20 happened and screwed everything up. The good news for me is, if we couldn't get Verse or Fautanu, I think Chop was the next best option other than the two corners. But damn, things really got crazy once the Vikes panic-traded for the second time.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:46 pm

If we go OL, I think Beebe is the way to go.

But I have to say, I really, really want Roman Wilson on this team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:15 pm

JMP wrote:Yeah, we already have too many DTs, so unless it's someone really special DT is hard for me to see.

Oh NOW you come around to my way of thinking Razz But seriously, compare all the hand-wringing over Wilkins to the Donald retirement. You'd think people would literally be screaming from rooftops about that but...somehow not a word was said about it. Why??? Why was there no mentioning the massive void caused by a surefire Hall Of Famer's retirement, yet Wilkins leaving was treated with the same gravitas as Brady leaving the Pats? scratch And it wasn't just DolFans, it was every single draft analyst I saw, who really should've known better. If Grier hadn't signed anybody or even just a JAG or two I could understand, but he signed half a dozen guys there! I actually feel bad for poor Hunt, his departure was treated as a nothing-burger by comparison.

The first 16 picks really couldn't have gone any better for the Dolphins.  And then 17-20 happened and screwed everything up.  The good news for me is, if we couldn't get Verse or Fautanu, I think Chop was the next best option other than the two corners.  But damn, things really got crazy once the Vikes panic-traded for the second time.

We went over this. That second trade wasn't done out of panic, but out of some weird, twisted, hyper-vindictive desire for "revenge' by Flores when if anything THIS team was wronged by HIM.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down