The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets Cut Quinton Coples, Fins Claim Him

+3
HalCHorn
rightchea
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

Jets Cut Quinton Coples, Fins Claim Him  Empty Jets Cut Quinton Coples, Fins Claim Him

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:21 pm

And just in time to play the Jets too. I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say! Shocked Laughing Twisted Evil

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/11/dolphins-claim-de-quinton-coples.html

Not sure what to make of this except that it never hurts to have one more player who should at least be physically capable of rushing the QB kinda sorta. And at least Coyle's no longer around to screw him up.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Jets Cut Quinton Coples, Fins Claim Him  Empty Re: Jets Cut Quinton Coples, Fins Claim Him

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:54 pm

From what it sounds like Coples isn't that bad......

Sounds like a good pick up for Miami.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Jets Cut Quinton Coples, Fins Claim Him  Empty Re: Jets Cut Quinton Coples, Fins Claim Him

Post by HalCHorn Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:34 pm

I'm OK with giving him a shot. Can't hurt to give him a six game audition in this system, especially with Wake out.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:19 am

This is clearly a Tannenbaum move, since he drafted Coples.  Coples has had some sacks for the Jets over the years, but the reality is he's been one level above "bust" throughout his career.  Many people question his desire and his football smarts, and he is built to be a 3-4 DE (or maybe OLB at a lighter weight - he's too heavy and slow now), not a 4-3.  Doesn't hurt to give him a look, but I'm not expecting much.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 am

CB Zach Bowman was cut for Coples. Bowman was one of our best STs player. I expected him to get more opportunities on D...not sure what happened there. Oh well.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:45 am

Worth a shot I guess, but if Todd Bowles doesn't want him as a pass rusher, I am not expecting much?

The Dolphins should have KEPT Bowles when they had him.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:50 pm

It is Ross fault for keeping Philbin and should have gotten rid of his when he had a chance. Now Miami stuck in this predicament while Ross makes his money. He doesn't care about the fans as long as money comes in his pocket.

Todd Bowles would have been a good look for Miami and even a better GM

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:57 pm

finfanatic wrote:Worth a shot I guess, but if Todd Bowles doesn't want him as a pass rusher, I am not expecting much?

The Dolphins should have KEPT Bowles when they had him.

Yup. And they also should've kept Bates instead of hiring Saban, should've hired Tomlin like I wanted instead of Cam, etc. But that darn curse just can't be stopped Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:58 pm

rightchea wrote:It is Ross fault for keeping Philbin and should have gotten rid of his when he had a chance. Now Miami stuck in this predicament while Ross makes his money. He doesn't care about the fans as long as money comes in his pocket.

I'd actually much rather believe that than Ross being a Jets mole who's actively been trying to ruin the Fins from within. But right now it's hard to tell the difference.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:39 pm

Coples suffers from I-don't-give-a-shit syndrome. I don't expect anything from him at all. I hope he surprises me.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:32 am

They said that about Jordan Philips as well but he doing okay from what it looks like.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:37 am

I like the move. Big body defensive end that at the very least will be best edge setting run defender we have.

From what I read, he was actually playing OK in the 4-3, but was not a good fit at all in the Bowles 3-4. No surprise given his weight.

Can't argue with Bowles, the way his defense is playing and ranked this season.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down