The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Post-Merger Fins Team Ever???

4 posters

Go down

Worst Post-Merger Fins Team Ever???  Empty Worst Post-Merger Fins Team Ever???

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Yes, I know about '07, but this team clearly has more talent so under the circumstances IMO they might actually be worse. At least when the '07 team lost they competed (NFL record tying six losses by 3 points). This team doesn't seem to want to even bother.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Worst Post-Merger Fins Team Ever???  Empty Re: Worst Post-Merger Fins Team Ever???

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:05 pm

A lot of guys have mailed it in. We saw some guys go down today with injuries. Expect a lot more veterans to get "injured" real soon.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Worst Post-Merger Fins Team Ever???  Empty Re: Worst Post-Merger Fins Team Ever???

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:07 pm

If these bums are mailing it in after the coach they wanted took over, then they have no business being in the NFL next season at all.

You know it's bad when Cam Freaking Cameron was apparently able to get guys to play harder.

Then again I now know Campbell's just another one-dimensional macho meathead "this is FOOBAW!" coach whose brain don't think too good.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:06 am

I don't know, the 2007 squad still had some talent on the defensive side of the ball. I believe both Taylor and Thomas were still here?

We have huge, gaping holes on both sides of the roster at important positions, and after the Pouncey injury we can add Center to the current running list.

It is hard to watch, and I think the number one reason is the offense. At least Cameron knew what an offense SHOULD look like.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:56 pm

2004 was even more difficult to sit through than 2007 IMO.

Having to watch Wannstedt and Fiedler, game after game after game, with no running game was just unbearable.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:53 am

HalCHorn wrote:2004 was even more difficult to sit through than 2007 IMO.

Having to watch Wannstedt and Fiedler, game after game after game, with no running game was just unbearable.

I'll actually agree with you, especially since I boycotted that season after about 3 games Laughing

But seriously, the ONLY good thing about that season was the ridiculous win over the Pats, which I still think is the largest upset in NFL history in terms of the disparity in record between teams entering the game.

But my point is, to have this team even remotely be comparable to the '04 one, in which probably 90% of the players had no business being in the NFL, shows just how horribly wrong things have gotten Crying or Very sad After The Quitter left, that team was basically the Cowboys without Romo.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:09 am

About 3 games into the 2004 season, we were thoroughly unentertained by the actual game in front of us at the sports bar, so we started a pool on the number of Wannstedt Head Rakes we'd see on camera during the game.

The number went up with each game. I think it was close to 10 by the Arizona debacle that ended the Bumstedt Era. Too bad, we might have seen 25 by the season finale. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down