The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Day Fins vs Giants

+4
white1
finskev
JMP
JEGnj
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Game Day Fins vs Giants - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Day Fins vs Giants

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:49 pm

According to espn.com the Fins had four chances to tie the score late. They punted all four times. Two of those drives were three and outs.

Hennehill's stock should finally have hit rock bottom. You know you're bad when even the Giants can hold a 4th quarter lead against you.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:51 pm

I thought Tannehill had his best game as a Dolphin. He even avoided the rush by stepping up in the pocket. Parker dropped a ball inside the 15. Cameron dropped the ball inside the 10. The 15 yard penalty on Landry. Our lack of playmaking was on the receivers tonight.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:52 pm

Not here but some people will use every excuse except Tannehill for this loss. Decent QB but the guy just isn't a winner or game changer.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:53 pm

CC Tanny had a great 1st half and decent start to the 3rd but just disappeared in the end.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:56 pm

JEGnj wrote:Not here but some people will use every excuse except Tannehill for this loss. Decent QB but the guy just isn't a winner or game changer.

Yup. Finally saw it with my own eyes this season. If anything his late game play has regressed badly.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:01 am

Tannehill put the ball in tight Windows all night. The drops killed us. Cameron was a horrible pick up. Pass catching TE is a need. The problem with tonight's game was the only guy making receptions, for the most part, was Landry.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:03 am

CarsonChris wrote:Tie game. This is when Tannehill folds

He did fold. Are you now taking this back? scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:05 am

CarsonChris wrote:Tannehill put the ball in tight Windows all night. The drops killed us. Cameron was a horrible pick up. Pass catching TE is a need. The problem with tonight's game was the only guy making receptions, for the most part, was Landry.  

I'm inclined to agree with this. Tannehill didn't miss much at all tonight. Putting the offense in 2nd and 25 was a killer too, and quite frankly, Lieutenant Dan should have known to go for it on 4th and 11, because there wasn't much chance regardless of field position due to the defense being undermanned and gassed from the Giants' no-huddle AND being breathtakingly terrible in pass coverage.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:07 am

Yes and no. The game was still in his hands when he overthrew Landry. At the same time, two previous drives should have netted points if not for drops by two of their off season acquisitions.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:09 am

Degarmo is right, we should have gone for it on fourth down. The defense couldn't stop anything tonight. Punting put it in the hands of the defense and that's a huge mistake

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:12 am

Yup. last pass to Landry was just an out and out miss, but there were also times when he made great plays that amounted to shit because of drops or penalties.

Mark these words though, if we had tied it up, Manning would have driven the field against our sieve of a defense and got the game winning points. We weren't winning that game.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:12 am

CarsonChris wrote:Yes and no. The game was still in his hands when he overthrew Landry.

I saw that. That throw sums up everything wrong with Hennehill and why he's got to go ASAP. Rolls out of the pocket nicely, seemed to know exactly where he wanted the ball to go...and then the camera pans out to show him missing Landry by a mile the one time a Giants' DB wasn't plastered all over him in the 4th.

CarsonChris wrote:Degarmo is right, we should have gone for it on fourth down. The defense couldn't stop anything tonight. Punting put it in the hands of the defense and that's a huge mistake

Notice what I said about it earlier. Not even a moment's hesitation either, that was the sad part. I knew it was over then and there. Finally.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:21 am

I see a team without an identity. We want to run it but abandon the run even when we have enough time to run. Giving up the run changes how the defense defends against us. We lose the play action that seems to set up the deep ball. After we gave up on running the passing game wasn't as effective either.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:24 am

CarsonChris wrote:I see a team without an identity. We want to run it but abandon the run even when we have enough time to run. Giving up the run changes how the defense defends against us. We lose the play action that seems to set up the deep ball. After we gave up on running the passing game wasn't as effective either.

And then they start calling nothing but pass plays for a QB even the coaches know is nothing but a game manager and what's worse, they're almost all game-manager-type throws in a situation where the Fins need a big play. At least, that's how it looked to me.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:25 am

I was thinking, Tannehill also hit Cameron down the seam which wasn't hauled in on that same drive, right?

Eh, they can never all pull the rope together at the same time.

Another observation on that 3rd and 11 to Landry that was airballed by Tannehill, he could have run for the first down. I think he needs to stop listening to his current coaches who are telling him to be a pocket passer. These fuckers would ruin careers of guys like Rodgers, Wilson and Romo by asking them to either throw to his first read/progression, check down or throw it away.

The sooner this staff is gone the better.

We still won't have the players though. We're practically threadbare now, and without some salary restructuring we'll be looking at some cap issues too, considering the volume of players we need to field a good team. I don't see this improving for a couple years.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:39 am

Highlight of the game for me was Will Tye's TD, with Mike Tirico screaming "STONY BROOK IN THE ENDZONE!!!" Hell yeah...don't fuck wit the Seawolves! Twisted Evil

Other than that, typical Dolphins: no defense at all, and an offense that went home before the 4th quarter started.

BTW 316 - your boy McCain left the game with an injury...not sure what happened to him...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:41 am

Pretty sure it was a concussion for McCain.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:46 am

Degarmo wrote:We're practically threadbare now, and without some salary restructuring we'll be looking at some cap issues too, considering the volume of players we need to field a good team.

I know the Phins will restructure Suh's deal, and I absolutely HATE that idea. All it does is push money back, screwing up the cap in later years. But, I guess we need the extra cap space so Tannebaum can throw big $$$ at another free agent this offseason. This team never learns.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:47 am

You know, I was just thinking, Lou Amaretto, or whatever his name is, actually has done some really interesting stuff scheme-wise with the defense. I'd like to see what he can accomplish with a set of good players.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:48 am

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:We're practically threadbare now, and without some salary restructuring we'll be looking at some cap issues too, considering the volume of players we need to field a good team.

I know the Phins will restructure Suh's deal, and I absolutely HATE that idea.  All it does is push money back, screwing up the cap in later years.  But, I guess we need the extra cap space so Tannebaum can throw big $$$ at another free agent this offseason.  This team never learns.

You know that's exactly what that doughnut choking moron will do. Mortgage any future cap with current asshole moves.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:49 am

JMP wrote:Highlight of the game for me was Will Tye's TD, with Mike Tirico screaming "STONY BROOK IN THE ENDZONE!!!"  Hell yeah...don't fuck wit the Seawolves!   Twisted Evil

I said something about that in the game thread, check it out Smile

BTW 316 - your boy McCain left the game with an injury...not sure what happened to him...

I never saw it, but I thought I saw someone say concussion. Oh well. His NFL career was doomed the minute the Fins called his name on draft day. I KNOW he's better than what he's shown.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:51 am

Degarmo wrote:You know that's exactly what that doughnut choking moron will do.  Mortgage any future cap with current asshole moves.

Jets saboteurs, the whole lot of them. I have seriously never seen or heard of any team bringing in so many former front office employees of a division rival in my life.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:53 am

Put McCain in the slot and keep him there...and he'll play in the NFL for 10+ seasons. Keep him on the outside, and his career will go down in flames. He's got the toughness and the desire...he's just being used incorrectly IMO. I hated the pick when it was made, but I really do think he can be a solid nickle corner.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:56 am

JMP wrote:Put McCain in the slot and keep him there...and he'll play in the NFL for 10+ seasons.  Keep him on the outside, and his career will go down in flames.  He's got the toughness and the desire...he's just being used incorrectly IMO.  I hated the pick when it was made, but I really do think he can be a solid nickle corner.

THIS, 1000 TIMES THIS!

This team has been absolutely astounding in not recognizing where to put talent. McCain could be a beast in slot coverage. He doesn't have the range to play outside.

Also, maybe it's time to try out Taylor as a free safety. Then he could just run aimlessly all day and people may think he's attempting to do something.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:00 am

Taylor gets a little bit worse each time he steps on the field. I'd just cut him now, put him out of his misery. Damn, is he bad.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next