The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ross Speaks - Again

+3
scotgif
DolFan 316
white1
7 posters

Go down

Ross Speaks - Again Empty Ross Speaks - Again

Post by white1 Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:28 pm

If that alone doesn't make you cringe... well just read the link Twisted Evil
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Ross Speaks - Again Empty Re: Ross Speaks - Again

Post by white1 Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:29 pm

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:10 pm

I...I don't even know where to begin...

(Brain explodes.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:59 am

“I think people are very enthusiastic,” Ross said.

They are?
Who?
Where?
Why?
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 am

To be honest, I don't see this nearly as bad as most of the stuff he has said before. Some of it I actually agree with.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:58 pm

I have to agree with Degarmo as well. Ross has done worse and from what he just said Ross just stated facts

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:15 pm

“[Tannehill has] had one coach in his four years in the league,” Ross said. “He actually played under [former offensive coordinator] Mike Sherman in the same system when he came into the league.

“I think with [new coach Adam Gase’s] experience and track record with quarterbacks, I think, giving the confidence back to Ryan that probably he hasn’t had, and the support of the coaches, I think he’s very optimistic and looking forward to this year.”

This is such a crock of shit.

First, Sherman coached Tannehill in college - he knew ALL about Tannehill.

Second, Philbin, Sherman and Lazor are/were coaches in a league with one bottom line: winning. Like every other NFL coach, they are are going to do anything and everything they can to win games.

Taking those two things together, isn't it clear that the reason these THREE coaches - one of whom had coached him for years - "held Tannehill back" is that they didn't trust him to do more they let him do?

At some point, everyone needs to stop treating Tannehill like some babe in the woods that has no control over what he does on gamedays. It's absurd...the guy's been a starter for 4 years.

And I've got news for you. If the best Gase can do with Tannehill is make him marginally better, like he did with Cutler (and I'm still not convinced Cutler was actually better last season), than Gase will be unemployed within three years. This excuse-making has to stop.

Sometimes, a QB is what he is and you justv have to accept it instead of blaming everyone else for his shortcomings.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Of course, JMP, but there's more to it than just Tannehill. The kid is what he is, but he can be successful in the NFL, i.e. on a winning team, but the team needs to have more pieces that are weight carrying. He's not that kind of guy, at least he's not shown it much yet. We need to keep trying to get better at QB, but until we get "the guy" we have to work with what we have. In my estimation, Tannehill is much better than anything else we've had since Marino, but he can either become better or get replaced.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Degarmo wrote:Of course, JMP, but there's more to it than just Tannehill.  The kid is what he is,  but he can be successful in the NFL, i.e. on a winning team, but the team needs to have more pieces that are weight carrying.  He's not that kind of guy, at least he's not shown it much yet.  We need to keep trying to get better at QB, but until we get "the guy" we have to work with what we have.  In my estimation, Tannehill is much better than anything else we've had since Marino, but he can either become better or get replaced.

That's the problem - the Dolphins don't keep trying to get better at QB.  They are content with what they have - a losing starter and a garbage backup.  If you have to constantly change everything on the team, from players to coaches to schemes, just to get your QB to look a little better - than you need a new QB.

Last edited by JMP on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:32 am

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Of course, JMP, but there's more to it than just Tannehill.  The kid is what he is,  but he can be successful in the NFL, i.e. on a winning team, but the team needs to have more pieces that are weight carrying.  He's not that kind of guy, at least he's not shown it much yet.  We need to keep trying to get better at QB, but until we get "the guy" we have to work with what we have.  In my estimation, Tannehill is much better than anything else we've had since Marino, but he can either become better or get replaced.

That's the problem - the Dolphins don't keep trying to get better at QB. They are content with what they have - a losing starter and a garbage backup. If you have to constantly change everything on the team, from players to coaches to schemes, jut to get your QB to look a little better - than you need a new QB.

Like what Denver did?

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:50 am

Denver had a world-class defense and an offense loaded with playmakers. They were able to get by with an injured Manning and a mediocre Osweiler, and when Manning came back, even with his physical shortcomings, his knowledge and savvy and off-the chart intangibles and leadership were a huge part of why the Broncos won. Tannehill possesses none of those qualities, and probably never will...he's not a leader and he's not a field general. He's just another guy on the team, and IMO that's the worst thing you can say about a starting QB.

It's fine that Tannehill is the starter this season - no problem with that. What's not fine is ignoring the position and not bringing in a young QB to develop just in case the coaches open their eyes and realize that Tannehill isn't "the man"

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down