The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hide the microphones from Ross

+3
rightchea
JMP
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

Hide the microphones from Ross Empty Hide the microphones from Ross

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 am

wouldn't it be best if Ross just kept his mouth shut sometimes.

“Miami is a great city. It's not a great sports town," Ross said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article203664119.html

and it has been your ineptitude as a owner which has gone a long way in making it so. i don't recall there being any problem filling the Orange Bowl when the team was winning.

all of this framed by...

Ross initially supported the players taking a knee because “it's America and people should be able to really speak about their choices.”

but...

Miami Dolphins players no longer will be permitted to kneel during the National Anthem, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said Monday at an event in New York.

“All of our players will be standing," Ross told the New York Daily News

regardless of your stance on the issue, it seems hard to view Ross' viewpoint as sincere considering his willingness to flip-flop as the wind blows.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Hide the microphones from Ross Empty Re: Hide the microphones from Ross

Post by JMP Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:29 am

Ugh...I cringe everytime Ross speaks.

This is a classic line:

Ross wrote:Winning solves all solutions.

Huh??? How do you solve a solution?? scratch

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:20 pm

well he said that he was taken out of context

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Ross is out of his element.

And has no clue. He keeps picking "football" people to help him, but his "football" people are invariably dipwads IMO, e.g. Tannenbaum.

Sad to say, but as long as Ross is the owner, I do not think you can expect anything more than we have seen. Ineptness, epic fail, and utter humiliation at times.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:40 pm

A New York guy that wanted to own the Jets has ruined the Dolphins.

Not a mole at all.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:17 am

He's got the perfect accomplice too.

Tannenbaum is just being himself, and actually trying to win. Ross knows this is futile based on what he saw with the Jets. A nearly perfect plan. Didn't sneak by us, though.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:07 pm

He was 100% right in feeling Miami is not a great sports town. But you just do not say that in public. Hell, with today's social media being everywhere, you don't even say that behind closed doors. You never know who will tweet it out for public consumption.

ross puts his foot in his mouth just about every time he opens it.

Please do us all a favor, SELL THE TEAM.

Couldn't get much worse, could it?
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:55 pm

scotgif wrote:He was 100% right in feeling Miami is not a great sports town. But you just do not say that in public. Hell, with today's social media being everywhere, you don't even say that behind closed doors. You never know who will tweet it out for public consumption.

ross puts his foot in his mouth just about every time he opens it.

Please do us all a favor, SELL THE TEAM.

Couldn't get much worse, could it?

You know what would make Miami a good sports town? If the Dolphins actually won some meaningful games and became a perennial playoff team! Same story in any city...win, and ALL the locals get into it. Lose, and only the diehards care.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:57 pm

True Dat, JMP.

Winning is a great deodorant!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 pm

I've got a better idea.  They should browbeat Ross about his opinions about black people, women, any minorities, mentally handicapped, pay inequality, transgender pronouns, homosexual marriage, gun control laws, abortion, flat earth theory just FUCKING ANYTHING HE CAN SAY TO GET HIM IN SUCH A SOCIAL PARIAH HOLE THAT THE NFL FORCES HIM TO SELL THE TEAM.

Seriously, it's our only hope, Obi Wan Kenobi.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:13 am

They should browbeat Ross about his opinions about black people, women, any minorities, mentally handicapped, pay inequality, transgender pronouns, homosexual marriage, gun control laws, abortion, flat earth theory just FUCKING ANYTHING HE CAN SAY TO GET HIM IN SUCH A SOCIAL PARIAH HOLE THAT THE NFL FORCES HIM TO SELL THE TEAM.

Reminds me of the days when journalists actually held those in power accountable! Today, just regurgitating any click bait that's been spoon fed to them.

Why are newspapers failing? Because their content is crap, and no one respects their work anymore.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is a hypocrite and a “two-faced con artist,” according to a columnist in the New York Daily News this week.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article203901279.html

not a good look for a guy in charge of an NFL franchise.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm

I see him putting up miami for sale next year definitely

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:01 am

When contacted for comment, the Miami Dolphins fans, en masse only responded after 20 straight minutes of laughing before a collective, "NO SHIT".

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:17 pm

and in a story that just won't go away.

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross was the latest NFL owner to be deposed in the Colin Kaepernick grievance, less than two months after Ross tied the league’s thought process on player protests to the political saber-rattling of President Donald Trump.

While the substance of Ross’ deposition is sealed, it’s believed the proceedings were aimed at dissecting recorded statements Ross made to the New York Daily News in early March in which he indicated the NFL’s perspective on players kneeling during the national anthem was directly influenced by Trump. Specifically, Ross was recorded saying that his personal view on kneeling as a form of protest against racial and social injustice changed in relation to Trump’s framing of the act as being anti-military. On its face, such an admission could provide Kaepernick’s legal team with a solid foundation in efforts to prove Trump directly influenced the quarterback’s employment status.

As Ross told the Daily News in March, “I think initially I totally supported the players in what they were doing, because it’s America – people should be able to really speak about their choices and show them [in] doing that. But I think when you change the message, about, is it support of our country or the military, it’s a different message. When that message changed, and everybody was interpreting it as that was the reason, then I was against the kneeling.”

“[Trump’s] message became what kneeling was all about,” Ross continued. “From that standpoint, that’s the way the public is interpreting it. So I think that’s really incumbent upon us to adopt that, because that’s how I think the country is now interpreting the kneeling issue.”

If Kaepernick’s lawyers are building their case to prove Trump had influence over the NFL, Ross’ statement is arguably the most unambiguous that any owner had made in that regard.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-deposed-colin-kaepernick-grievance-154536505.html

i can only imagine what stupid things he said during the deposition.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Ugh...I cringe everytime I read/hear Ross talk.

Hide the microphones from Ross 2Q==

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:40 pm

He essentially said in that earlier interview that it's okay to adopt whatever bullshit the people believe because the people believe it.

God forbid you'd actually have some fucking conviction or use intellect to . . . never mind, it's about money, period.  None of these owners give a shit about what the kneeling stands for at all.  The players could be doing it because they're strongly against the "round earthers" and as long as it drove a fuckton of money to the owners, they'd be publicly all aboard the moronic flat earth shit.

They'd only start denying it if they started losing money.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:11 pm

End of the day the players are employees. Freedom of speech is protected from government, not employers.

No one can say anything they want at work if it’s offensive, you can be fired for it.

The fan is a customer. Enough fans don’t like your kneeling, well now it hurts the employer.

I’ll side with the owners here. Only mistake is they shouldn’t have been wishy washy up front. Set a policy and enforce it, find other ways to address social issues. Which is where they eventually went.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 am

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross in October reportedly proposed that NFL players and owners take part in a "march on Washington" while at a summit with players, league executives and owners at league headquarters in New York.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article209810999.html

its almost comical.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Ross is like a confused puppy that doesn't know where his home is

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:17 pm

rightchea wrote:Ross is like a confused puppy that doesn't know where his home is

We should point him in the right direction and send him back to New York...let him ruin the Jets!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down