The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power back

+6
Lacesout
mercury22nathan
DolFan 316
Birdmond
JMP
CarsonChris
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Power back - Page 2 Empty Re: Power back

Post by JMP Tue May 05, 2015 9:29 pm

rightchea wrote:Not seeing Miami making it to the Superbowl this year but definitely seeing Miami making the playoffs. Let just hope they just don't make the playoffs.

As of right now, I think the Phins are behind the Bills and Jets, and all three are still behind the Patriots. The Dolphins have done some nice things this offseason, but both the Bills and Jets have improved by leaps and bounds IMO, and both have superior coaching staffs compared to Miami. Sadly, I'm not seeing playoffs at all.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Umix10 wrote:Ayaji was a good pick!  Turner and Dallas Thomas were horrible!  And both were totally healthy coming out.  His only question was his knee!  Ok I get it but he could play and considering we're we got him we basically stole him!  IMHO we got him here to split time not be the tell all back.  I'm fine with him and I'm fine without him but if he improves this team why not wait and see?

Well, there's a reason Ajayi was available in the 5th round.  He was supposed to be a 2nd or 3rd round talent, but obviously teams were scared by his knee (and his fumbles).  He's certainly talented and I think he can really make a difference in the receiving game, but watching his running style I'm not convinced that his college success will translate to the NFL - and that knee scares me. It's a 5th round pick, so anything we get out him is a positive...I'm just not expecting too much at this point.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed May 06, 2015 8:16 am

I could see us making the playoffs, but a few key things HAVE to happen and this will take more than a little luck:

1. No injuries to the parts of our team that are thin on depth.

2. Tannehill improves again and finishes the season with a top-10 QBR.

3. The defensive line proves once again to be the strength of the team, and covers a lot of warts for the rest of the defense resulting in a top 10 unit that is capable of closing out games.

4. The offensive line improves, keeping Tannehill upright and allowing us to run the ball even when defenses are stacked against the run.

Like I said, more than a little luck. IF ALL of these happen, yes I can see Miami in the playoffs.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed May 06, 2015 8:18 am

A sobering thought as I re-read my last post. Not once did I think WR would make a difference, and we drafted one in the first round.

True I think WR will contribute to Tannehill success, but the success of our running game, the offensive line, and Cameron - Sims IMO will have more of an impact on the offense. Anyways, thought I'd mention it.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 06, 2015 9:24 am

The problem with the moves the Dolphins made this offseason is that IMO the other teams in the division did more to improve their teams. The Bills and Jets now both have what looks like very strong coaching staffs (maybe even stellar in the Jets case), and two of the best defenses in the entire NFL. And, while QB is a HUGE question mark for both teams, they are both loaded with playmakers on offense. And the Pats, while still suspect at CB, made big moves to improve their defense and OL.

I just can't even consider playoffs when we have by far the worst coaching staff in the division. I don't trust Philbin, Coyle or Lazor to guide this team to the 10+ wins it'll take the make it to the postseason.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed May 06, 2015 10:42 am

I see your point, and I agree it is a far reach to think we will make it to the playoffs.

BUT. If our Defense is as good as it CAN BE (this is not a lead-pipe lock by any means, given the underachievement many of us have painted Coyle with, but it could happen) we should be able to control an offense with an average or worse QB.

In the end, it may very well turnout that Philbin isn't good enough as a head coach, Coyle isn't good enough as a DC and Lazor isn't good enough as an OC.

If we end the season with evidence that Tannehill is good enough to be our franchise QB, I will still be happy, and hope that the coaching staff is shown the door.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 06, 2015 11:31 am

I'm still worried about the D...LB and the secondary are huge problem areas IMO.

As for Tannehill, there's no more excuses. We added offensive weapons that supposedly fit his skillset, and the OL at least has some depth. Another average year with no playoffs, and I'll officially be off the Tannehill bandwagon. This is his year to shine...make or break time.

This team has beaten me down for so long...I just refuse to assume that things are on the right track till I actually see it happen. I've seen too many "great" offseasons quickly turn to crap.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed May 06, 2015 1:34 pm

Totally with you JMP. I am assuming nothing. My criteria for success will need to be proven on the field.

This is the year for both Philbin and Tannehill to make their case that they deserve extended stays in Miami.

Win or it's over. Probably for both of them.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed May 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Umix10 wrote:Ayaji was a good pick!  Turner and Dallas Thomas were horrible!  And both were totally healthy coming out.  His only question was his knee!  Ok I get it but he could play and considering we're we got him we basically stole him!  IMHO we got him here to split time not be the tell all back.  I'm fine with him and I'm fine without him but if he improves this team why not wait and see?

I don't remember Turner ever playing last season but Thomas he needs to repent for thinking that he could play in the NFL. I just hoping that this Douglas guy is a upgrade to what Miami is missing.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Turner played just 17 offensive snaps last season, I think, and really didn't do anything to stand out one way or another IMO. He's a huge question mark.

I'm not sold on Douglas at all, but let's hope he can show something because we really need someone to step up at the guard positions.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed May 06, 2015 10:32 pm

JMP wrote:The problem with the moves the Dolphins made this offseason is that IMO the other teams in the division did more to improve their teams.  The Bills and Jets now both have what looks like very strong coaching staffs (maybe even stellar in the Jets case), and two of the best defenses in the entire NFL.  And, while QB is a HUGE question mark for both teams, they are both loaded with playmakers on offense.  And the Pats, while still suspect at CB, made big moves to improve their defense and OL.

I just can't even consider playoffs when we have by far the worst coaching staff in the division.  I don't trust Philbin, Coyle or Lazor to guide this team to the 10+ wins it'll take the make it to the postseason.

Pretty much what keeps me from being optimistic too.

I'm impressed with everything Bowles did in Arizona, and the moves the Jests have made to give him better personnel. I really didn't want to see him on another team in our division.

We really had two years in a row with the Jets and Bills being fatally flawed, and couldn't take advantage of it. Now that window has closed.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2