The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dion Jordan

+4
DolFan 316
Birdmond
JMP
white1
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dion Jordan - Page 2 Empty Re: Dion Jordan

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:53 am

white1 wrote:In any case, come on NFL just give us a damn answer.

i don't believe its the NFL's fault...

Jordan, picked No. 3 overall in 2013, was suspended in April of 2015 for at least one year. He is already eligible for having petitioned the NFL to return. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell would have to meet with Jordan before deciding what course to follow with the player.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/04/dolphins-source-dion-jordan-can-come-back.html

its my understanding that even though he has been eligible to apply to return since April, he still has not done so - nor has he obviously met with Goodell. once again, Jordan has no one to blame, but himself. i honestly don't think he's all that interested in returning - and he may also be well aware that he can't pass the drug tests necessary to return.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:34 pm

I don't know why I even bothered to bring the topic back up. Just bored I guess. Ugh.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:12 pm

white1 wrote:I don't know why I even bothered to bring the topic back up.  Just bored I guess.  Ugh.

Just a couple more weeks and the real suffering starts Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:50 pm

I really want to see what he is about. they are over hyping him again and hope that this so called hype is real

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:57 pm

[quote="mercury22nathan"]
white1 wrote:

its my understanding that even though he has been eligible to apply to return since April, he still has not done so - nor has he obviously met with Goodell.  once again, Jordan has no one to blame, but himself.  i honestly don't think he's all that interested in returning - and he may also be well aware that he can't pass the drug tests necessary to return.

Yep, I've been wondering if Jordan ever actually applied for reinstatement. I read a lot of things saying that he was going to, but I have yet to see anything that officially, definitively said that he actually did apply.

It's been very obvious for years that this guy has no interest in playing football. Just let him fade away into obscurity.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 am

Reinstated, just released today and confirmed by NFL.

Let's see how this plays out.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:12 pm

also heard that they do not have to pay the bonus either which is good for Miami

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Jordan was reinstated "conditionally."

Jordan was today reinstated by the NFL on a conditional basis. He can join the Dolphins as soon as Saturday and participate in team meetings, conditioning work and similar activities. He cannot practice or play in game until "arrangements have been confirmed regarding [his] clinical resources in Miami," the NFL said.

Prior to the start of the regular season, Jordan will meet with the NFL to review his progress and based on his compliance and engagement with his program, he will be permitted to participate in regular season activities, including games, beginning with Week 1.

He will evaluated (again) later in the season for full reinstatement.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/07/newsy-morning-at-miami-dolphins-camp.html

sounds like they don't trust his commitment and this is a safeguard against him trying to grab a payday and then falling back into his drug-related habits again.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:04 pm

To me this is one interesting storyline to follow, regardless of any particular stance on whether he should or should not get a 4th(?) chance at sticking to the team and making football a priority.

What will the team do?

There is no loyalty as the current regime did not draft him. This comes down to pure risk/performance/reward.

I wonder how it's going to play out. Getting the NFL reinstatement (albeit conditional) was the first domino to fall. Now lets see what happens with this supposed roster bonus, where they put him on the practice field (if he makes it there), and where he plays in the first preseason game (again, if he makes it that far).

Good stuff.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 am

I read this morning that Jordan had knee surgery - at some point - and has been placed on the NFI (Non Football Injury) list.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Estimates are he will miss somewhere between 2-3 weeks.

Chalk up another missed training camp for this perpetual tease. The move to NFI means we don't have to pay the upcoming roster bonus, which was due on day 5 of camp

The patience by the team with this guy is hard to understand. Given this development, I'm reaching to come up with a scenario where they keep him on the 53 man roster. Going in, everyone knew he was a long shot and would have to earn a spot on the team. He may not ever see the practice field until AFTER training camp, he definitely won't be playing in the first preseason game, how is he going to win a spot now?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:58 am

Ugh. This guy is just a disaster. I also read that he's got a lot to do before he's officially reinstated anyway. He's a lost cause. Dump his ass and move on.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:48 pm

white1 wrote:The patience by the team with this guy is hard to understand.

They're so embarrassed at trading up to #3 overall for a bust that they're determined to get *something* out of him, that's all it is. If Jordan had been a 4th rounder he'd already be long gone.

What absolutely kills me is that Ziggy Ansah was taken at #5 and has turned into the player everyone thought Jordan was going to be. In other words, the Fins traded up and picked the wrong guy Crying or Very sad Hell, even Lane Johnson would've been a better pick, and NOBODY wanted them to take a LT in that draft, remember?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:25 am

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:35 am

I'm mystified.

Here I thought this latest development was a virtual death blow to his chances, and I'm reading content like "He's relishing his fresh start".

I don't get it. How is he going to "earn" a roster spot while injured, unless it's very short term?

Meanwhile, today in pads all the ends (Williams, Fede, McCain, Wake, Branch) are applying pressure and getting sacks. We seem to be stacked at DE, how the hell does Jordan crack that lineup?

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 am

Great article by Armando about how Jordan is not even close to being a factor on the Dolphins, and why he should be moved to LB.  I'm not even going to post any quotes, because the entire article is worth reading and sums up my exact thoughts on the Jordan situation.  Well, maybe not "exact", because I'd just prefer to cut his ass, but other than that...spot on.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/08/dion-jordan-truly-is-many-steps-from-seeing-the-field.html

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:32 am

Perfectly summed up by Armando.

If you really wanted him to play end, the most likely and best path forward there would be to actually trade one of the OTHER ends to a team that needs one. Why? Because everyone else on our roster at DE has some tangible value. Jordan has none. So, he's of zero value on the trade market. If you're planning to keep him and at some point move him up from PUP, then trade another defensive end to get value (like a linebacker, corner, or draft pick) in return.

I like the proposal to plan for him as linebacker. One again, right now he is too heavy and out of shape to play the position. However, that is fixable. What is likely not fixable is his total inability to disengage from blockers while rushing the passer. He is never going to be an elite defensive end. He MIGHT end up being an elite coverage linebacker with some pass rushing skills.

So I agree with Mando. Get him to drop the weight. Run him into shape. Start him on the PUP list. When you do end up activating him weeks into the season, drop the lowest linebacker on the depth chart. Or, injury forces the issue there anyways and you end up bringing him up from PUP then.

Defensive end? No. I'm not seeing it.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:55 am

Just lock him in a hotel room with a suitcase full of Adderall and wait it out. He'll fail another drug test and we'll be clear of him.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:30 pm

So, yeah, turns out Dion Jordan recently had a second operation on his knee. Rolling Eyes

Can we PLEASE cut this guy already????

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article106202047.html

Dion Jordan, who underwent surgery to his left knee in the summer, needed to have the knee “cleaned back up” since the start of the regular season, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told the Miami Herald.

There is no definite timetable for the former No. 3 pick’s return, but the Dolphins have not ruled him out as far as playing in 2016.

In the days after what has been described as a “minor” procedure, Jordan was seen around Dolphins campus on crutches. And in recent days, Jordan has been conspicuously absent from the group of players who rehabilitate outside while their teammates practice.

Jordan, who has not played since late 2014 because of injuries and a year-long drug suspension, is on the NFL’s Non-Football Injury (NFI) list.

The rules for PUP and NFI are similar: Players who begin the season with that designation cannot practice until after the sixth week of the regular season.

Once that embargo passes, teams have an additional three weeks to evaluate the injured player before deciding whether or not to elevate them to the active roster. But just because players can practice after six weeks, it doesn’t mean they have to. The Dolphins really don’t have to decide what to do with Jordan until well into the season’s second half.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm thinking of paying one of the beat writers to put something positive on paper. This level of failure is just getting ridiculous.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2