The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Dolphins' Dion Jordan To Apply For Reinstatement

+4
CarsonChris
JMP
mercury22nathan
Birdmond
8 posters

Go down

Miami Dolphins' Dion Jordan To Apply For Reinstatement  Empty Miami Dolphins' Dion Jordan To Apply For Reinstatement

Post by rightchea Tue May 31, 2016 12:19 am

Rhonda Young wrote:Jordan told the newspaper that he had stopped using drugs long before his flagged diluted sample, which he attributed to trying to mask alcohol in his system. But the Dolphins staff that drafted him out of OR is long gone, and should he be reinstated, the new regime has a decision to make - he is due a $1.7 million roster bonus on the fifth day of training camp. "And I (expletive) love doing it", Jordan told Pelissero.

http://hqcomoxvalley.com/2016/05/miami-dolphins-dion-jordan-to-apply-for-reinstatement/

I am not surprised that he wants to be reinstated. If he can earn his way back on the rosters and make an impact in games than I guess I am all for it

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins' Dion Jordan To Apply For Reinstatement  Empty Re: Miami Dolphins' Dion Jordan To Apply For Reinstatement

Post by Birdmond Tue May 31, 2016 6:43 am

rightchea wrote:
Rhonda Young wrote:Jordan told the newspaper that he had stopped using drugs long before his flagged diluted sample, which he attributed to trying to mask alcohol in his system. But the Dolphins staff that drafted him out of OR is long gone, and should he be reinstated, the new regime has a decision to make - he is due a $1.7 million roster bonus on the fifth day of training camp. "And I (expletive) love doing it", Jordan told Pelissero.

http://hqcomoxvalley.com/2016/05/miami-dolphins-dion-jordan-to-apply-for-reinstatement/

I am not surprised that he wants to be reinstated. If he can earn his way back on the rosters and make an impact in games than I guess I am all for it

Well he certainly talks a good game and from what I've read he is in phenomenonal shape. Can't hurt to give him a shot but I'd if I could sucker the 49ers or Cowboys out of a draft pick or Leary from Dallas I'd jump on it.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins' Dion Jordan To Apply For Reinstatement  Empty Re: Miami Dolphins' Dion Jordan To Apply For Reinstatement

Post by mercury22nathan Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 am

i'm all for giving a guy a second chance (although won't think be like his 3rd or 4th chance - didn't he fail multiple tests?), but...

Jordan says he “never, ever” had a drug problem. But he was suspended six games in 2014 after testing positive once for ecstasy and one for marijuana.

Jordan says he stopped using drugs months before he gave the diluted sample near the end of the 2014 season.

So how did that happen? Pelissero said "according to Hendrickson, Jordan had been drinking alcohol and didn’t know he wasn’t being tested for that, so he tried to flush it out of his system."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/05/bosh-cap-scenarios-dolphins-news.html

...Jordan still sounds very much like a guy in denial to me. isn't admission the first step in recovery?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 31, 2016 10:35 am

Questions:

--Why did Jordan talk to USA Today instead of a Miami paper?
--Jordan was eligible to apply for reinstatement in late Feb...why is he waiting till late May??

I honestly don't think he cares about football.  I'm so done with him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:28 pm

1.7 million to show up on the fifth day of camp. That'll buy a lot of weed

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Isn't it Adderall?

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:54 pm

I heard it was bath salts.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:03 pm

1.7 million might get him cut. Would be a good decision if there's no place for him on depth chart
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Well he was reinstated and for the fact that he can play again means that he will have to get off the crap and start acting like a real player and adult. Lets hope he learned that lesson.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:52 am

rightchea wrote:Well he was reinstated and for the fact that he can play again means that he will have to get off the crap and start acting like a real player and adult. Lets hope he learned that lesson.

Jordan hasn't been reinstated - he just applied for reinstatement. Or at least he was supposed to yesterday...haven't heard that he actually did.  Once he applies, the league has up to 60 days to reinstate him or not, as I understand it.  So it may be awhile before we know anything.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:20 am

So, does anyone know if Jordan has applied for reinstatement yet?  He said he was going to, but I haven't heard that he actually did.  The guy is a flake, so my guess is he hasn't even applied yet.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:02 am

I'm not convinced there's a roster spot to spend on him. Would rather he just fade away as part of our horrible draft past.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:06 am

white1 wrote:I'm not convinced there's a roster spot to spend on him.  Would rather he just fade away as part of our horrible draft past.

This, X1000.  I'm hoping he doesn't apply for reinstatement at all so we can just ignore him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down