The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins meeting with La'el Collins today

+6
Umix10
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
rightchea
Birdmond
JMP
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dolphins meeting with La'el Collins today - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins meeting with La'el Collins today

Post by JMP Wed May 06, 2015 9:35 am

Very interesting. As they say, "where there's smoke, there's fire". It's hard to believe that the NFL would prohibit teams from drafting Collins if they didn't know something.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins meeting with La'el Collins today - Page 2 Empty Re: Dolphins meeting with La'el Collins today

Post by Umix10 Wed May 06, 2015 9:51 am

Just like any person accused, he has his right to due process. There was enough evidence to cause them to question him. Threatening her through text is showing that his relationship with her wasn't always a good one. He stayed he was an hour away at the time of death and the law enforcement officials are using the cell towers to triangulate his whereabouts. According to that report, his story was corroborated by family members who were with him. He wasn't there!!!! But, may have put aeone up to it! If he walked away from those questioning sessions they have nothing on him yet
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 06, 2015 10:06 am

Umix10 wrote:Just like any person accused, he has his right to due process.  There was enough evidence to cause them to question him.  Threatening her through text is showing that his relationship with her wasn't always a good one. He stayed he was an hour away at the time of death and the law enforcement officials are using the cell towers to triangulate his whereabouts.  According to that report, his story was corroborated by family members who were with him.  He wasn't there!!!!  But, may have put aeone up to it!  If he walked away from those questioning sessions they have nothing on him yet

But if the police have nothing on Collins, why is he still being questioned, and why hasn't this incident just been swept away? Obviously we don't know exactly what's going on, but it seems strange that this incident is still in question if Collins has been 100% cleared.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed May 06, 2015 10:13 am

Well he is cleared from actually doing it but not from participating. when they find the guy or girl who actually did it is when Collins will be cleared completely
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Latest on Collins from Rotoworld:

LSU G/T La'El Collins wants to sign with a team that will allow him to play tackle.

Playing tackle would help maximize his earnings on a second contract since Collins won't be getting paid much for his first three years in the league. The Dolphins would seem to be longshots to land Collins in light of this news, since they already have LT Branden Albert and RT Ja'Wuan James.

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter
May 6 - 2:26 PM

If true, I guess Dallas is out too????

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed May 06, 2015 5:39 pm

That is going to be a problem now and IMO Miami should stop pursuing for the fact that James did well and Albert will come back by the time the season begins.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed May 06, 2015 7:50 pm

I'd sign him as a tackle, pay him as a tackle, start him at LG and let him move to LT after Albert is out with another injury.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed May 06, 2015 7:56 pm

I agree degarmo, we have no rrisk here! Collins knows it! He's not playing right now for now money! He's gonna try and recoup on the next one. But we can still have at a bargain. The unique situation we have is fortunate for us we have two stud tackles, one is hurt and rehabbing! All the more reason to get that kid in here! Albert may or may not be ready but, if he isn't we got a guy who wants to be a LT! If Albert is ready then let the battle it out! Toe it won't be any different then any other team except that if he doesn't work out Albert will be there. This situation is best suited for Miami all the way
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed May 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Long term Collins would have a clear path to LT here with Albert's big contract and James being more suitable for RT. He'd also have a good chance to start right away at one of the OG spots. Granted a lot has to fall into place first, but I don't see why Miami wouldn't have a decent shot. He isn't going to get a big payday for a few years, and if he makes the grade here he's likely starting at LT by 2017.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed May 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Exactly Hal that's my point! Putting him on the roster, by way of a collective bargained contract! Is a total win for us! We don't need to spend so pick and we potentially have Alberts replacement in waiting. There is no loss if he fails monetary wise or time wise. Essentially we would have two first round picks on this years roster.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Degarmo wrote:I'd sign him as a tackle, pay him as a tackle, start him at LG and let him move to LT after Albert is out with another injury.

Can't pay him as a tackle...as an undrafted FA, his maximum salary is set in stone. I believe he can negotiate after two years, but for now any team would have to pay him at the same salary.

HalCHorn wrote:Long term Collins would have a clear path to LT here with Albert's big contract and James being more suitable for RT. He'd also have a good chance to start right away at one of the OG spots. Granted a lot has to fall into place first, but I don't see why Miami wouldn't have a decent shot. He isn't going to get a big payday for a few years, and if he makes the grade here he's likely starting at LT by 2017.

I think a lot of teams could promise Collins that he'll be a left tackle by 2017. But if he doesn't want to wait that long, I'm sure there are teams out there that can offer him a LT job right now. I'm sure Miami has a chance to get him, I'm just not that confident that they will.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 07, 2015 6:41 am

Every GM I've heard on NFL radio says Collins is strictly a guard. You can promise him a fair shot at LT but speed rushers will eat him alive.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu May 07, 2015 11:56 am

ESPN's Josina Anderson reported that Collins also passed a polygraph test.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/05/friday-afternoon-more-heat-panthers-postscripts.html

the good news is that he passed a polygraph. the bad news is the police think he is involved enough to give him a polygraph. they usually don't administer a polygraph unless they think you are guilty of something. polygraphs are not admissible in court and are typically used to help pressure potential suspects.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Unconfirmed reports on Twitter claiming the Cowboys have signed him.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu May 07, 2015 1:32 pm

How did the Cowboys sign someone that can't be signed yet.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 07, 2015 1:33 pm

I don't know, just read on Twitter thought I would share.

Could be just a rumor, we will have to stay tuned.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Confirmed by dfw news and Adam Schefter - Cowboys have got him
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu May 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Well Damn them Cowboys OL is going to be unstoppable

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Romo will still choke. He has proven it time and time again.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Yeah they can load up all they want. The odds of Romo staying healthy are slim and I still like Seattle and Green Bay better. But no doubt they got a great deal.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 07, 2015 6:43 pm

I say thank God. Now some other team can pay the price when the truth comes out that he was the father of the dead baby, and this situation escalates.

Besides, I didn't care for his prima donna "I wanna be paid like a tackle" routine.

This team is a whole lot more than one player away from the postseason anyway, let alone a title.

BTW, a polygraph??? People actually still take results from that seriously??? Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Hmmm...turns out Collins DID pass the paternity test and he's not the father Shocked

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/07/report-cowboys-sign-lael-collins/

Could I have been...WRONG about this the whole time??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 07, 2015 11:00 pm

Great Social D song!

As for Collins, I didn't really believe the Phins would get him, but he would've been a HUGE upgrade over Dallas Thomas and our latest scrub OL pick.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2