The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft class struggling

+5
rightchea
Degarmo
DolFan 316
JMP
mercury22nathan
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Draft class struggling - Page 2 Empty Re: Draft class struggling

Post by JMP Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:26 pm

finfanatic wrote:Well, one has to wonder if Tannenbaum is counting on getting some supplemental picks for the free agents he lost this year? A 3rd or two and the Carroo trade up does not look " as stupid" from a cost in picks perspective.

I'm sure that's exactly what Tannenbaum is counting on.  But actually, if you think about it, using the compensatory picks to make up for the picks given up for Carroo is incredibly stupid. 

Consider: the 2017 3rd and 4th we traded away are almost certainly going to be top 10 (definitely top 15) picks in those rounds.  The compensatory picks we are supposedly getting in 2017 will be at the ends of rounds 3 and 4, after all the regular picks in those rounds

It's the equivalent of trading down 20-30 spots!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:50 pm

Fins gonna Fin. 1-15 redux, here they come!!!

I can't even see how the fellas on The Site That Shall Not Be Named could feel otherwise this time!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:16 am

Ross hired Tannenbaum, and another mistake. Tannenbaum is the guy that can get you there if you're two players away, because that's how he wheels and deals. He makes the trades as if he has talent to burn. He's a one-faceted GM. He needs to fade away.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:51 am

To be honest those supplemental pick are never great. IMO, waiting on a pick that might be a good pick from that draft is stupid.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:48 am

I can usually discern WHAT a GM is thinking as far as picks go, by watching the free agent period and who they got before the draft, by seeing what comes after, as far as who they add in free agency and who they are looking at.

But this season....I cannot tell WHAT in HECK is going on.

I have stated before, this season is giving me a sickening feeling by being similar to that EPIC FAIL season of Cam-Mueller. Yeah, that team had no QB, and this team has Tannehill, but first time Head Coaches are UNKNOWNS, and to shake these under-performing bums out of their usual lack of effort is going to require some EXTRA GOOD HCing IMHO.

So far, I have seen absolutely NOTHING to think that the Phins are going to get EXTRA GOOD HCing from Gase.

Sure hope I am wrong, but I had low expectations to start with, and nothing has made me feel like they should be raised. Just the opposite in fact!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:46 pm

One key difference between this year and the 2004 and 2007 seasons: both of those years the team drafted for need in the first round and clearly reached with its first pick: Carey (over Steven Jackson and Vince Wilfork!) and Ginn (over Willis, Lynch and Revis!).

Definitely Tunsil was a value where he was picked, at least. Unfortunately the team didn't follow suit in subsequent rounds.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 am

I would have been very happy with:

1) Tunsil
2) Derrick Henry
3) Adolphus Washington

To me those were the BPA regardless of need in each round. Some will say Prescott but I don't think anyone saw that coming. I wasn't a fan.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Birdmond wrote:I would have been very happy with:

1) Tunsil
2) Derrick Henry
3) Adolphus Washington

To me those were the BPA regardless of need in each round.   Some will say Prescott but I don't think anyone saw that coming.  I wasn't a fan.

Would have been perfectly alright with that myself.

For me, 1) Tunsil, 2) Mackenzie Alexander 3) either Joshua Perry or Darryl Worley. I felt the D needed a lot of help

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:00 pm

I never understood the Prescott haters myself.

On just the strength of his play alone, Miss State was ranked #1 once upon a time.

He played four years in the SEC West and a bunch of folks were hating on him.

How FORTUNATE would it be for the Cowboys, that Paxton Lynch was gone, and Connor Cook got taken ahead of their pick, and they had to SETTLE for Dak, who turns out to be EXTREMELY GOOD!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Damn prescott looks like everything we wish Tanny was. After only two preseason games
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Here's how all first round rookies have been performing so far according to PFF. Apparently they don't make first rounders the way they used to.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-all-31-first-rounders-have-played-this-preseason/

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:06 am

I only watch BAMA and LSU in the SEC but I definitely should have watched Prescott more.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:25 am

It sounds like Miami draft woes are not getting any better........

Barry Jackson wrote:But questions swirl around the other draft picks, with quarterback Brandon Doughty, tight end Thomas Duarte and cornerback Jordan Lucas battling to make the roster, and receiver Leonte Carroo and running back Kenyan Drake simply trying to get on the field.

First, the good news: Tunsil started for the second consecutive game at left guard on Thursday and performed capably, especially in pass protection. In 90 snaps this preseason, Tunsil hasn’t allowed a sack or quarterback pressure. His run blocking still needs work, but the Dolphins like what they’ve seen.

“I thought he was arguably the best player in the draft,” NBC’s Cris Collinsworth said during Thursday’s broadcast.

Even though Howard has missed all three preseason games after June knee surgery, the Dolphins are ready to escalate his workload this week and believe he could contribute a lot in September.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article98250572.html

From what it sounds like Miami draft class just doesn't get better. Tunsil looked strong, Grant KR/PR skills are way better then anyone on the team right now, and Howard is still a mystery but someone (hoping Gase) goes and tells those other idiots in the front office to make a f**** change.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2