The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't know how good this news is

+4
JMP
Degarmo
white1
rightchea
8 posters

Go down

Don't know how good this news is  Empty Don't know how good this news is

Post by rightchea Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:26 pm

James Parks wrote:The Dolphins got something of a welcome sight at practice on Wednesday.
According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, running back Arian Foster was back on the mix with the team, in limited participation, after missing their last two and a half games with what the team describes as a hamstring injury. He has also been dealing with a groin issue.
Foster is averaging 2.9 yards per carry this season while accounting for 47 total yards.
What’s happening with the Miami Dolphins during the season? Make sure you’re in the loop -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Dolphins newsletter now!
Otherwise, the team saw both centers Mike Pouncey and Anthony Steen back on the field. Pouncey could play this week after missing four games with a hip injury and Steen, who looked good overall in his place, could return after injuring his ankle against Cleveland.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/arian-foster-back-at-miami-dolphins-practice/

I guess this a positive

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Don't know how good this news is  Empty Re: Don't know how good this news is

Post by white1 Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Worse YPC average of our running backs.

He looked good on that one play against Seattle, so I don't know. Small sample size but reinforces what we saw last year - he may be over the hill.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:20 pm

We love us some injured players.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:55 pm

Just get better with Howard out as well with a knee injury. Miami is an injured player best friend

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:36 pm

If Foster is healthy he's our best back, and it's still not close. I said that the second he was signed, and I've seen nothing from Ajayi to change that. The question is...when will Foster be healthy - if ever? I would let him sit one more week - no need to rush him before he's 100% - or as close as he can be.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:37 pm

Losing Howard is crushing for this already-bad defense...let's just hope it's not serious, because he is far and away the best corner on this team. Not that he's been anything special, but he sure as hell is better than Maxwell and Lippett..

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:57 am

Sure glad they kept practically no corners.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:57 am

Oh, and think Maxwell's gonna go balls out for Gase now that he chose to embarrass him first?

Nice move.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:19 am

I love the smell of gloom, doom, and utter hopelessness in the morning Very Happy

Thank God for the Browns. You guys do realize they're the only thing standing between this team and 0-16, right?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:38 am

Browns better start winning, because that Tiebreaker "win" may cost us the No. 1 overall pick in a draft we have about 3 picks in.

Fucking Tannenbaum.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:02 am

Degarmo wrote:Browns better start winning, because that Tiebreaker "win" may cost us the No. 1 overall pick in a draft we have about 3 picks in.

Fucking Tannenbaum.

Actually, that tiebreaker is based on strength of schedule. Weakest SOS gets the higher pick. It's the reason the Fins had the 2nd overall pick in '05 over the Browns despite both teams finishing 4-12 and the Fins beating them.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:24 am

the season is (has been) done. sure this team could put together a few more unlikely, hollow victories and maybe climb to a 4 or 5 win season, but really, what's the point now? Foster is an aging, often injured RB with no long term future for the Phins - so again, what would be the point of playing him? put the ball in Drake's hands and see what he's got.

i can only imagine the thought of opposing offensive coordinators salivating at the thought of Maxwell and Lippett on the corners. so why choose the route of slow death with 8 yard cushions at the snap? if Laxwell and Mippett are the boundaries, then why not aggressively press at the line, send the blitz and go out with a bang?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:14 pm

I want Drake to get 20 touches. Foster won't be here next season. I'm tired of these progress blockers. Let the kids play.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Birdmond wrote:I want Drake to get 20 touches.   Foster won't be here next season.   I'm tired of these progress blockers.   Let the kids play.  

I'm torn on this.  As a fan, I think this season is a bust and I'm OK starting the younger players.  But from a coach's perspective, even at 1-3 the season isn't over and you need to start winning some games.  Foster is the best back on this team, and if he's anywhere close to healthy he gives the team a better chance to make plays than any of the other backs on this roster. 

It's a tough call.  Ultimately, I think the best plan is to go with Foster as the #1 back, and use Drake as the primary 3rd down back.  I don't care what happens with any of the other backs...I'm fine if they all stay on the bench.  Then if/when Foster gets hurt again, you go with the best two backs.  Just dump this stupid 4-back committee approach, which was a horrible idea from the start.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:52 pm

I suspected Foster was done, and I have seen nothing to dissuade me of that initial impression.

This season is a shambles and my fears that Gase is another clueless Cam Cameron OC promoted to the level of his ineptness have been realized.

Remember when Clueless Cam blamed a loss on one player and ALIENATED the whole team to the point that some of the other players got in a screaming match with Cam on the team flight home?

I mean...I knew the team was gonna be BAD, but this level of bad is even WORSE than I suspected. It's not just the players either. The team is REGULARLY getting out-coached, out-witted, and out maneuvered on offense, defense and special teams.

Why? It is almost as if a bunch of rubes that have never done it before are calling the shots!!!

This is not going to work out well for Miami. EVER. Gase is not a HC. It is plainly evident.

I suspect...even Ross is going to realize it and Gase is gonna be one and done in Miami.

And if Ross was not the hugest of huge Dim Boob Owners, this would be the last season for Tannenbaum too.

But STABILITY is the watchword for Ross, even if you stay stable at an EPIC FAIL front office and EPIC INEPT Head Coach.

Stability for the sake of not looking like a huge dumbarse should not be the standard, Mr. Ross. EVERYONE ALREADY knows you are a dumbarse when it comes to all things football related.

If you are fielding a team that defines new levels of monstrously bad, from the front off to the players to the coaching staff, PERHAPS it is time to have a good much-needed franchise cleaning burn it to the ground house fire!!!

Burn everything to the ground and see if you can get someone with half a clue who is dumb enough to come to Miami and wants to try and rebuild.

Let's face it...if they do not go whole hog REBUILD next season, it will just be more lipstick on this on this much be-smeared and besmirched pig. Another season of anything less than a REBUILD is just going to prolong the suffering IMHO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:28 am

A real rebuild . . . fire everyone, start again. Not this half-measure bullshit.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:08 pm

I love how even the one win they'll have this season seemed like a humiliating loss.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:56 pm

The one win may put them out of the top 3 at this point.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:07 am

The fact that they only won because Cleveland missed an EASY FG may be the harshest of ironies!

I felt ike a deserter giving up my Sunday ticket, but at this point, if EVERYONE would stop, maybe even Dim Boob Ross might understand!

This is totally unacceptable.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:32 am

Degarmo wrote:A real rebuild . . . fire everyone, start again.  Not this half-measure bullshit.

That not happening anytime soon unless Ross sells the team then that will happen.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:38 am

rightchea wrote:
Degarmo wrote:A real rebuild . . . fire everyone, start again.  Not this half-measure bullshit.

That not happening anytime soon unless Ross sells the team then that will happen.

OR DIES...MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil

Um...I mean...if Ross died that would just be so tragic, and stuff. Yup. Tragic.

Oh come on people, you all know you were thinking the same thing. Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:52 am

finfanatic wrote:The fact that they only won because Cleveland missed an EASY FG may be the harshest of ironies!

I felt ike a deserter giving up my Sunday ticket, but at this point, if EVERYONE would stop, maybe even Dim Boob Ross might understand!

This is totally unacceptable.

BLASPHEMER!!! HERETIC!!! TRAITOR TO THE CAUSE!!! HOW COULD YOU, FF?!?

For this degree of desultory desertion I henecforth sentence you to...3 months of watching '07 season highlights!!! Twisted Evil

Ha, just joking of course. I could never bring myself to be that cruel and judgemental. One month it is Wink Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:50 pm

WAIT there highlights from '07 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:21 pm

rightchea wrote:WAIT there highlights from '07 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well, the one win was certainly more exciting...

That season might look like '72 compared to this one.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down