The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hartline wasn't a positive influence

+4
JEGnj
DolFan 316
finskev
mercury22nathan
8 posters

Go down

Hartline wasn't a positive influence Empty Hartline wasn't a positive influence

Post by mercury22nathan Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 am

...according to Chris Chambers.

Miami Herald wrote:There were troubling issues with last year’s group, beyond blated salaries and cap numbers. Everyone knows about Wallace’s complaints about lack of targets and the group’s poor yards-after-catch metrics.

But former Dolphins receiver Chris Chambers --- who spent two weeks as a Dolphins assistant coach during training camp--- noticed something else that bothered him.

“The older guys, Mike and Brian, even though they played well at times, could have set a better example in that room, as far as learning and not joking around,” Chambers said. “Because if they start joking around, the rookies and second-year guys will start joking around.

“Some days it could have been more serious to set a better example. The receiver coaches taught well, but the room needed to be tightened up a bit. Greg Jennings will help that. He will be way more professional and he played at a high level. He is going to show the [young receivers] so much. He’s almost like a third coach, a player/coach.”

Bottom line: Chambers said the "culture" in the receivers room needed changing.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/05/tidbits-chatter-on-new-fins-wr-room-with-thoughts-from-sean-payton-evaluators-marlins-canes.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Hartline wasn't a positive influence Empty Re: Hartline wasn't a positive influence

Post by JMP Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 am

Just highlights the lack of leadership on this team, which has been a problem for a long time. Jennings will help, but I'm not sure I see any other true leaders on this team. Suh will have a positive influence because of his work ethic and the way he carries himself, but he's quiet and isn't what I'd label a "leader". I'd love to see Tannehill step up and take control of the team, but that doesn't seem to be in his nature. It's too bad, because the head coach certainly brings very little to the table.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hartline wasn't a positive influence Empty Re: Hartline wasn't a positive influence

Post by Birdmond Wed May 13, 2015 10:57 am

Well yeah I heard the WR meetings were about as professional as a bachelor party. That being said, what the heck is the WR coach doing ? To me it's s trickle down effect of having a finesse football team.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 13, 2015 11:05 am

Birdmond wrote:That being said, what the heck is the WR coach doing ?  To me it's s trickle down effect of having a finesse football team.  

Excellent points. Kind of strange that the WR coach (Ken O'Keefe) gets to keep kis job while three veteran receivers were essentially kicked off the team. Sounds like O'Keefe is the Joe Philbin of WR coaches...doesn't earn respect from his players.

And yeah, being a finesse football team definitely comes into play. For the most part, we have a very soft team, both mentally and physically. Again, Suh will help with that...but he's just one player.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed May 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Hartline couldn't afford to help the younger players when your trying to keep your job, especially when You signed a Contract that he knew he couldn't perform too. But I don't blame him that goes to GM who gave him that big contract.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed May 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Birdmond wrote:Well yeah I heard the WR meetings were about as professional as a bachelor party.  That being said, what the heck is the WR coach doing ?  To me it's s trickle down effect of having a finesse football team.  

Sounds like to me that the coach didn't care too much either if he was letting it happen. Yeah those guy are your starters but examples have to be made and they should have been used as examples.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed May 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Miami Herald wrote:But former Dolphins receiver Chris Chambers --- who spent two weeks as a Dolphins assistant coach during training camp--- noticed something else that bothered him.

Am I really the only one who noticed this part? What was Chambers doing after those two weeks? Did he go back to his day job? Is this some sort of minority coach internship thing? Did he just get so disgusted by the lack of professionalism that he left? Inquiring minds want to know more!

JMP wrote:Suh will have a positive influence because of his work ethic and the way he carries himself, but he's quiet and isn't what I'd label a "leader".

You're kidding, right??? Shocked Tell me you're kidding. Suh has rage and likely alcohol issues and may be the worst thug the Fins have signed in years. I guarantee he'll be arrested in 4 months or less. Guarantee.

rightchea wrote:Sounds like to me that the coach didn't care too much either if he was letting it happen. Yeah those guy are your starters but examples have to be made and they should have been used as examples.

And here we go again with the circus environment Rolling Eyes When the leader is weak the subordinates figure they can get away with anything.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 14, 2015 6:35 am

Rage is a VERY good thing for a defensive player. I want my QB to act like a CEO but I want animals on defense.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu May 14, 2015 7:20 am

If anyone wants to be a longtime Fin player right now why would they step up into a leadership roll when Philbert has run off everyone that tried the following year.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 14, 2015 9:29 am

Suh may be a maniac on the field, but off the field he might be one of the most level-headed athletes around today. He is very intelligent, and he does his own thing - doesn't get into any trouble and doesn't associate with thugs. He is the last person I'd worry about off the field.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu May 14, 2015 9:45 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Am I really the only one who noticed this part? What was Chambers doing after those two weeks? Did he go back to his day job? Is this some sort of minority coach internship thing? Did he just get so disgusted by the lack of professionalism that he left? Inquiring minds want to know more!

because he's too busy running his own gym...

Miami Herald wrote:Chambers said he might return to the Dolphins’ coaching staff during training camp and very much appreciates Joe Philbin giving him the chance to help.

But full-time coaching doesn’t appeal to him. “I would rather be flexible, work with college and pro guys on my own time. Nobody is doing it at this level.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/05/thoughts-from-greg-jennings-hickey-and-more-chambers-canes-marlins-gators-items.html

the article provides a full explanation of his facility and services.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 14, 2015 9:50 am

JMP wrote:Suh may be a maniac on the field, but off the field he might be one of the most level-headed athletes around today.  He is very intelligent, and he does his own thing - doesn't get into any trouble and doesn't associate with thugs.  He is the last person I'd worry about off the field.

Oh really?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/27/another-traffic-incident-for-ndamukong-suh/

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/7/26/3192025/ndamukong-suh-sued-lawsuit-car-accident

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/970356-ndamukong-suh-embattled-lion-reportedly-lied-to-portland-police-after-accident

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19799596/lions-suh-accused-of-sideswipping-car-berating-driver

Certainly seems like a level headed person to me Rolling Eyes

And that's not even counting all the stuff he's pulled ON the field...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 14, 2015 11:03 am

So he's a thug because he's had traffic violations three years ago? Really???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Guess I'm a thug by that definition .

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu May 14, 2015 12:53 pm

All of us are thuggin....what set ya'll claim...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 14, 2015 12:57 pm

rightchea wrote:All of us are thuggin....what set ya'll claim...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'll claim the speeding tickets...haven't gotten one in years (knock on wood...) but I amassed quite a collection in my college days, commuting back and forth to school! Thug life!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 14, 2015 1:10 pm

"Damn, it's good to be a gangster"

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Oh puh-LEASE Rolling Eyes You two don't know the first thing about being a gangsta. I've ripped the tag off a waterbed mattress and stolen a newspaper right out of someone's yard at 2 AM* Now THAT'S hardcore, baby Cool

*Yes, this one actually happened. I was 18 and bored, and stuck in a car with my friend driving around Memphis looking for some dude he thought was with his GF, who we never came close to finding. It was the extra-large Sunday edition too. What can I say? Laughing

But seriously, Suh *will* wind up arrested/suspended at some point this year. Everybody these days loves mean athletes, until they can't actually play.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 14, 2015 2:41 pm

That's some straight up hardcore gangsta mack shit right there, 316! afro

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu May 14, 2015 2:50 pm

you sir are the definition of gangsta 316....... Laughing

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu May 14, 2015 8:38 pm

The problem is the head coach. The guy that can't find a play in his play book to gain 4 yards in the fourth quarter during a critical drive. 4 yards and he's queasy.

The culture starts at the top. The top is Philbert.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 14, 2015 10:22 pm

JMP wrote:That's some straight up hardcore gangsta mack shit right there, 316!   afro

rightchea wrote:you sir are the definition of gangsta 316....... Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 15, 2015 9:53 am

This says it all:

One of my favorite Weird Al songs!

They see me mowin' my front lawn
I know they're all thinkin' I'm so
White and nerdy

Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Can't you see I'm white and nerdy?
Look at me, I'm white and nerdy

I wanna roll with the gangstas
But so far they all think I'm too
White and nerdy

I'm just too white and nerdy
Really white and nerdy

First in my class here at M-I-T
Got skills, I'm a champion at D and D
M.C. Escher, that's my favorite M.C.
Keep you're forty, I'll just have an Earl Grey tea
My rims never spin, to the contrary
You'll find that they're quite stationary
All of my action figures are cherry
Stephen Hawking's in my library

My MySpace page is all totally pimped out
Got people beggin' for my top eight spaces
Yo, I know pi to a thousand places
Ain't got no grills, but I still wear braces
I order all of my sandwiches with mayonnaise
I'm a wiz' at Minesweeper, and I play for days
Once you've see my sweet moves, you're gonna stay amazed
My fingers movin' so fast, I'll set the place ablaze

There's no killer app I haven't run (run)
At Pascal, well, I'm number one (one)
Do vector calculus just for fun
I ain't got a gat, but I got a soldering gun (What?)
Happy Days is my favorite theme song
I could sure kick your butt in a game of ping pong
I'll ace any trivia quiz you bring on
I'm fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon

Here's the part I sing on

You see me roll on my Segway
I know in my heart they think I'm
White and nerdy

Can't you see I'm white and nerdy?

I'd like to roll with the gangstas
Although it's apparent I'm too
White and nerdy

How'd I get so white and nerdy?

I been browsin', inspectin' X-Men comics
You know I collect 'em
The pens in my pocket, I must protect them
My ergonomic keyboard never leaves me bored
Shoppin' online for deals on some writable media
I edit Wikipedia
I memorized Holy Grail really well
I can recite it right now and have you R-O-T-F-L-O-L

I got a business doing websites (websites)
When my friends need some code, who do they call?
I do H-T-M-L for 'em all
Even made a homepage for my dog, yo
I got myself a fanny pack
They were havin' a sale down at The Gap
Spend my nights with a roll of bubble wrap
Pop, pop, hope no one sees me gettin' freaky

I'm nerdy in the extreme
Whiter than sour cream
I was in AV club, and glee club
And even the chess team
Only question I ever thought was hard
Was "Do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?"
Spend every weekend at the Renaissance Fair
Got my name on my underwear

They see me strollin', they're laughin'
And rollin' their eyes 'cause I'm so
White and nerdy

Just because I'm white and nerdy
Just because I'm white and nerdy
All because I'm white and nerdy
Holy cow, I'm white and nerdy

I wanna bowl with the gangstas
But, oh well, it's obvious I'm
White and nerdy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri May 15, 2015 10:55 am

CarsonChris wrote:The problem is the head coach. The guy that can't find a play in his play book to gain 4 yards in the fourth quarter during a critical drive. 4 yards and he's queasy.

Do we just only blame Philbins or is it Ross fault as well for allowing Mr. Queazy to last so long as a head coach. I have a problem with Owners that don't understand that there is a difference in making money and making fans happy by seeing a superbowl.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 15, 2015 11:44 am

rightchea wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:The problem is the head coach. The guy that can't find a play in his play book to gain 4 yards in the fourth quarter during a critical drive. 4 yards and he's queasy.

Do we just only blame Philbins or is it Ross fault as well for allowing Mr. Queazy to last so long as a head coach. I have a problem with Owners that don't understand that there is a difference in making money and making fans happy by seeing a superbowl.

I agree that Philbin is the biggest problem on the field. We're at a disadvantage before the opening kickoff almost every week, because Philbin is an awful head coach.

But yeah, Ross is ultimately to blame because he won't get rid of Philbin.

For better or worse, next offseason Ross needs to fully hand control over to Tannenbaum and let him hire his own head coach.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down