The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outstanding article interviewing the man that made me a Dolphins fan

4 posters

Go down

Outstanding article interviewing the man that made me a Dolphins fan Empty Outstanding article interviewing the man that made me a Dolphins fan

Post by Birdmond Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:18 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/

I doubt the link works since I'm phone posting but if someone could post a link to the Czonka interview that would be great.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Outstanding article interviewing the man that made me a Dolphins fan Empty Re: Outstanding article interviewing the man that made me a Dolphins fan

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:24 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article110901352.html

Funny, he was my favorite too when I was a kid. I actually had a full getup of pads with a kid's Csonka jersey and everything, even the helmet. It was pretty cool actually. I think I was 7.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Outstanding article interviewing the man that made me a Dolphins fan Empty Re: Outstanding article interviewing the man that made me a Dolphins fan

Post by JMP Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:34 am

So awesome that he's still a fan. His love for the Dolphins really shines through in that piece.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:53 am

Man oh man, that sends me back to the days when I used to pretend I was Zonk during backyard football games (sighs). I tell you, I could bull through everybody just like him, too. Literally nobody could tackle me one on one, they had to dogpile me just to slow me down. Fo realz, yo Cool

(Well, except for this one random guy who was clearly at least two years older than me who just showed up out of nowhere and punked my whole group the day of the second Fins-Skins SB, but I like to pretend that never happened, especially since I never saw him again.)

I'm now convinced his mere presence on the sidelines (again, how's that for random?) was the real reason the big, bad bully Bills lost.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:14 am

That was my hero. I pretended to be sick for 3 days when #39 left the Dolphins. I think I was 9 years old. I cried for 3 days.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:32 am

Birdmond wrote:That was my hero.  I pretended to be sick for 3 days when #39 left the Dolphins.

The first or the second time?

My mom was a teacher, I could never get away with that Laughing

I think I was 9 years old.  I cried for 3 days.

I was 9 too when I cried after that Skins SB loss. It was more like 3 hours instead of 3 days though Razz

True story: When Csonka, Kiick and Warfield joined the Memphis team of the WFL they had practices in the town where I lived, and my dad and granndad showed up one day for autographs (I was only a year old, too young to go). But after they got there they chickened out. Seriously. They both swore up and down that when Csonka was brought down on one carry, the ground actually shook a little.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Birdmond wrote:That was my hero.  I pretended to be sick for 3 days when #39 left the Dolphins.

The first or the second time?

My mom was a teacher, I could never get away with that Laughing

I think I was 9 years old.  I cried for 3 days.

I was 9 too when I cried after that Skins SB loss. It was more like 3 hours instead of 3 days though Razz

True story: When Csonka, Kiick and Warfield joined the Memphis team of the WFL they had practices in the town where I lived, and my dad and granndad showed up one day for autographs (I was only a year old, too young to go). But after they got there they chickened out. Seriously. They both swore up and down that when Csonka was brought down on one carry, the ground actually shook a little.

First time

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down