The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Dolphins the worst playoff bound team in AFC

+2
Birdmond
rightchea
6 posters

Go down

Miami Dolphins the worst playoff bound team in AFC Empty Miami Dolphins the worst playoff bound team in AFC

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Miller wrote:The Miami Dolphins are the worst team heading into the NFL playoffs on the AFC side of the league. That is if you believe the media.
Securing their first playoff appearance since 2008 on Sunday night when the Kansas City Chiefs knocked off the Denver Broncos, the Dolphins, at 10-6 are getting about as much respect as the Cleveland Browns. Miami could still enter the playoffs at 11-5 and have the 5th seed. And still it doesn’t matter

This is a good read

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/miami-dolphins-the-worst-playoff-bound-team-in-afc-122616

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins the worst playoff bound team in AFC Empty Re: Miami Dolphins the worst playoff bound team in AFC

Post by Birdmond Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:37 am

Obviously you'd rather face Houston and Pittsburgh's offense will be a nightmare, but even without Pouncey Pittsburgh's D won't stop Miami either. Should be a fun game.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins the worst playoff bound team in AFC Empty Re: Miami Dolphins the worst playoff bound team in AFC

Post by finfanatic Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:21 am

Birdmond wrote:Obviously you'd rather face Houston and Pittsburgh's offense will be a nightmare,  but even without Pouncey Pittsburgh's D won't stop Miami either.  Should be a fun game.  

True on the Houston thing.

If the Steelers be smart, and they are....they would run the ball about 75% of the time. Pound the Phins defense into submission and keep the Phins offense off the field. Bell probably sets a new playoff rushing record IMHO.

This Phins defense STINKS!!

I don't know whether to hate Joseph or give him a raise. Having a winning record as a team when the defense is as full of terds as this one is a major accomplishment.

Making the playoffs is the accomplishment, but expecting the Phins to win a playoff game is more than I can fathom.

But then again, at BEST this year, I was suspecting 6-10, so....Apparently my football knowledge is lacking.

Razz
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:53 am

Vance Joseph should be given the football medal of honor. He's taken very little talent, and managed to make them good enough. That said, our offense has been quite prolific since week 5, so Gase needs a shit-ton of credit as well.

Also, I'm with you, finfanatic, I thought 6 wins at best, mostly because of our shit offensive line, and shit linebacking corps.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:35 am

finfanatic wrote:
Birdmond wrote:Obviously you'd rather face Houston and Pittsburgh's offense will be a nightmare,  but even without Pouncey Pittsburgh's D won't stop Miami either.  Should be a fun game.  

True on the Houston thing.

If the Steelers be smart, and they are....they would run the ball about 75% of the time. Pound the Phins defense into submission and keep the Phins offense off the field. Bell probably sets a new playoff rushing record IMHO.

This Phins defense STINKS

Razz

But that's the rub. Miami can do the same thing to Pittsburgh.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Degarmo wrote:Vance Joseph should be given the football medal of honor.  He's taken very little talent, and managed to make them good enough.  That said, our offense has been quite prolific since week 5, so Gase needs a shit-ton of credit as well.

Also, I'm with you, finfanatic, I thought 6 wins at best, mostly because of our shit offensive line, and shit linebacking corps.

Gase needs coach of the year award. He has taken a horrible team and made them a couple steps closer to being super bowl champs.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Gase has done a great job, but I wouldn't give him coach of the year.  I'd give it to Jason Garrett.  The Cowboys were 4-12 last season, and this year they will 13 or 14 games with a 4th round rookie QB and a defense that, on paper, isn't very good at all.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:55 pm

There are a lot of worthy contenders. Obviously Belicheck could get the honor, he had a lot to deal with too. O'Brien wins with no offense and without his best defensive player. Garrett has now done two fantastic jobs in three years.

I think I'd give it to Jack Del Rio, looking at where Oakland ranks in yards per play in all four categories though. Getting that team to 12-3, pretty amazing. Too bad he'll lose the first playoff game without Carr---likely this week too. I don't see them winning a game without him.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:18 pm

That definitely true. Del Rio has taken a horrible team and made them into the most feared team in the AFC next to the Patriots.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Yep, Del Rio definitely deserves consideration.  And let's not forget Andy Reid, who is now 21-4 in his last 25 regular season games.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down