The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five Players the Miami Dolphins Could Draft in the First Round

+3
DolFan 316
JMP
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

Five Players the Miami Dolphins Could Draft in the First Round Empty Five Players the Miami Dolphins Could Draft in the First Round

Post by rightchea Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Ryan Yousei wrote:It's February, and — sorry! — South Florida sports kinda suck. The Marlins are months from returning and will probably be bad when they do. The Heat is driving its tank in the wrong direction. The Panthers aren't anything to write home about. And football is finally leaving us for good following this weekend's Super Bowl

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/five-players-the-miami-dolphins-could-draft-in-the-first-round-9103621

I like all the players that they put as draftable players. Be glad if Miami picked up one of them.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Five Players the Miami Dolphins Could Draft in the First Round Empty Re: Five Players the Miami Dolphins Could Draft in the First Round

Post by JMP Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:57 pm

I wouldn't take Davis at 22. I don't like his injury history and I really don't think there's anything special about him. I think he could develop into a solid starter, but I'm hoping for more than "solid" at 22.

Howard will be long gone by 22. Njoku has great upside, but isn't in Howard's league. Still, he's a player that should continue to get better as he moves forward - a lot of upside there and I would be OK with him at 22.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Five Players the Miami Dolphins Could Draft in the First Round Empty Re: Five Players the Miami Dolphins Could Draft in the First Round

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:29 pm

You'd think with so many crying needs the Fins would almost have to get the first pick right.

And you'd be wrong. This team's uncanny knack for screwing it up somehow is unparalleled, almost legendary. Last time was a fluke with Tunsil falling, but then again last season was a fluke.

The Potentate of Pessmism is BACK, baby~! cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Well, they can always try to trade out of the first for more picks, I guess. I'd rather take the pick, but if someone gets stupid desperate, we could use a 2 and a 4, or whatever the deal would be worth.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:14 am

Well, they can always try to trade out of the first for more picks, I guess. I'd rather take the pick, but if someone gets stupid desperate, we could use a 2 and a 4, or whatever the deal would be worth.

A lot of teams try and make this very move. The sad truth is, most of the time no one is willing to trade up.

Very unlikely IMO - we'll have to pick somebody when our turn comes up.

With all the needs we have, I actually think someone very good will be on the board for us. Might not be a DL (one of the top needs IMO), but could very well be one of the linebackers or TEs we want.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:59 am

I'd prefer to stay at 22. We should be able to get a quality LB, DE or DB there. TE is a possibility, although I think the top 2 guys (definitely Howard) may be gone by 22. I would rather not draft OL that high, but we can certainly get a guard at 22 also.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:50 pm

That make since as well but if Miami can grab a pick or two by moving down that a better chance for Miami to find some players that will actually help the team

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm fine with trading down as long as the Phins don't trade out of the first round. But 22 probably isn't going to be an ideal trading spot. As white said, a lot of teams aren't willing to trade up to begin with, and 22 could be a tough sell unless a highly-regarded player unexpectedly drops.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 pm

I don't know. Kizer and Watson could be on the board. Teams get crazy when they love a QB.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:39 pm

I like Davis, but do admit he gets dinged a lot. Fla's defense was a whole level less good when he wasn't on the field IMO. Cunningham is a beast. He Plays angry it seems to me. Think Bryan Cox but Cunningham might be faster I am thinking.

I will be surprised if the Phins go for a LB early in any event.

TE....Maybe, but I would be shocked, shocked I say....if Tannenbaum picked a TE.  If that happens, it will mean Gase has more pull over the draft picks then I am thinking he has.

No, I suspect they will go for a DE with a pass rush motor.  And probably be HIGHLY Disappointed IMO.

But who knows?

Free agency may change the needs of the team, and what the front office thinks are needs are usually not the needs and/or ranking of needs as we see them.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Birdmond wrote:I don't know.  Kizer and Watson could be on the board.   Teams get crazy when they love a QB.  

Miami is not in the right spot for a team to get a QB. Most of the teams under 22 have good to great QB's and are not looking for one or have the need to move up to get one. Most team will be looking for good WR that will be available or some type of defensive player.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:51 pm

Seems like there's always some QB in the late 1st that baffles the draftniks as to why he hasn't been picked. Just need to meet desperate need with the right trade partner in that case.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down