The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins are apparently interested in Dontari Poe???

+3
white1
Birdmond
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Phins are apparently interested in Dontari Poe??? Empty Phins are apparently interested in Dontari Poe???

Post by JMP Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:53 am

Hearing that the Phins may want to kick the tires on Dontari Poe. He has back issues, but if healthy he's an absolute stud DT. A Poe/Suh combo in the middle of the defense would be pretty fucking awesome. We'll see what happens...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins are apparently interested in Dontari Poe??? Empty Re: Phins are apparently interested in Dontari Poe???

Post by Birdmond Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:37 am

JMP wrote:Hearing that the Phins may want to kick the tires on Dontari Poe. He has back issues, but if healthy he's an absolute stud DT. A Poe/Suh combo in the middle of the defense would be pretty fucking awesome. We'll see what happens...

I don't understand why Hankins isn't getting more love.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Phins are apparently interested in Dontari Poe??? Empty Re: Phins are apparently interested in Dontari Poe???

Post by white1 Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:39 am

I don't understand why Hankins isn't getting more love.

I'm surprised too.

I posted a similar thought in another thread. The fact there are still many DTs on the market to me means contract offers are coming in lower than they wanted across the board. I'd prefer Hankins over Poe. Younger, cheaper, and I don't believe he has had any injury trouble.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:43 am

This from Omar Kelly on Twitter about 30 minutes ago:

"Looks like Dontari Poe is going to be pulling an Alshon Jeffrey and take a one-year deal. Miami wants a seat at the table."
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:27 pm

I'd prefer Hankins on a long-term deal than Poe on a one-year deal.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:40 pm

If the price is right, I am all for Poe.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Sounds to me like Poe is about to get about three teams into a bidding war. What I'm reading is the Fins want no part of that. Good.

I've also read that Poe's game tape is less than impressive for last season. Could be a reputation signing instead of one based on current play. I'm thinking Hankins still, or someone else cheap but with upside.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Maybe Miami will go Hankins for the right price. Poe might have been cheaper

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Looks like Poe is coming to town Wednesday for a visit. I wouldn't put it past them to sign him. If Gase wants him, I think they get a deal done.

He is said to be looking for a one year deal with the thought of a big pay day the following year. If that is the case, he may play to his earlier form. Not sure how I feel about this.

I do like the sounds of a Suh/Poe middle of the d line, add in a refreshed Cam Wake, Timmons, Hayes,and if we score on a draft pick or two, we are leaps and bounds better than last year.

Do not break the bank for him, but if they can get it done for 10 mil range, I think it works.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:24 am

I'd be a fan of this.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:15 am

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:50 am

My only issue with Poe is his back. If his back is fine, he's better than Hankins all day every day. But the back clearly bothered Poe last season, and back issues on a big man like that don't just go away. If we're just looking at Poe as a one-year stopgap, then I'd prefer to go with Hankins on a long-term deal. Too many stopgaps on this defense already.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:42 pm

I see why Poe is not getting signed. If he is expecting 8-10 per season I say pass, pass, pass!!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:56 pm

$10 million, he ain't gonna be Poe no mo.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:26 pm

That crazy for that price. IMO, he doesn't get more than 4 to 5 mil. IMO Hankins might be the cheaper choice and he been apart of a team that knows how to stop the run. why not

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:29 am

Mondo says Hankins is looking to get paid as well. Looks like we go into the draft looking DT.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:24 am

DT's seem to always drop in the draft. I think an upgrade to Earl Mitchell will be had in round 5.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:27 am

Either that or no team offers what they want, and they pick a team for a short term deal.

Poe has visited four teams, sounds like he may visit the Raiders too, and no contract has been signed yet. Sounds to me like a pretty wide gulf between the money he wants and the value teams are placing on him.

Same with Hankins. Asking price for him is so high I don't think he's even made a trip for a formal visit anywhere yet.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:00 pm

The falcons sign him for 1yr 8mil

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:02 pm

rightchea wrote:The falcons sign him for 1yr 8mil

Nice signing for the Falcons. I think Poe fits really well in that defense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 pm

If Miami is up for it then Hankins is available. Not sure if Miami really wants to pay that much for a DT that not as good as Poe but he is still available

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Recent reports are that Hankins wants $10 million per season, views himself as a starter.

He will need to come way off that stance IMO to sign with anyone.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 pm

I do not see how the team views Jordan Phillips as a starting caliber NFL lineman. Mediocre at best. Need an upgrade. Let him be part of a he rotation and see if he's a player. I think the other starting DT is not on the current roster.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:14 am

scotgif wrote:I do not see how the team views Jordan Phillips as a starting caliber NFL lineman. Mediocre at best. Need an upgrade. Let him be part of a he rotation and see if he's a player. I think the other starting DT is not on the current roster.

I agree, but my guess is that the Phins plan on rolling with Phillips as the starter and they'll probably add some cheap aging vet to back him up.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down