The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade deadline - Dolphins interested in Broncos edge rusher Bradley Chubb???

4 posters

Go down

Trade deadline - Dolphins interested in Broncos edge rusher Bradley Chubb??? Empty Trade deadline - Dolphins interested in Broncos edge rusher Bradley Chubb???

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:45 am

The NFL trade deadline ends today.

Rumors have been swirling the past few days about the Dolphins trying to acquire Bradley Chubb from the Broncos.

I'm on the fence with this one. Chubb is a bit overrated IMO, but he is a strong pass rusher and demands constant attention from whatever offense he's up against. That would be a big help for the Miami pass rush, especially Jae Phillips. The problem is, he has a long injury history and will want to cash in this offseason when he becomes a free agent. He's only 26, but I'd be hesitant to give up more than a 3rd if we have to pay him a fortune on a long-term deal. The Broncos supposedly want a 1st, in which case I'd walk away.

What do you guys think?

If we don't get Chubb I'd seriously consider Colts' RB Nyheim Hines. He's a tough runner and excellent receiver. For the right price, he'd be what we hoped we were getting with Chase Edmonds. I doubt we'd actually go after him, but Hines is an ideal fit for this offense IMO.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Trade deadline - Dolphins interested in Broncos edge rusher Bradley Chubb??? Empty Re: Trade deadline - Dolphins interested in Broncos edge rusher Bradley Chubb???

Post by white1 Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:01 am

I would be OK with Chubb, apparently there is an NFL source who insists "the price is NOT a first round pick". Which makes sense. If Roquan Smith - one of the best defenders in the league - only fetched a 2nd and 5th, Chubb will be cheaper.

He does have an injury history, and he's a good pass rusher but no world beater. I might do it for a 3rd, but I would be fine if the Fins stand pat.
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trade deadline - Dolphins interested in Broncos edge rusher Bradley Chubb??? Empty Re: Trade deadline - Dolphins interested in Broncos edge rusher Bradley Chubb???

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:03 am

Yeah I heard the Broncs want a 1st but no way would I do that. I think it unlikely the Phins would trade the 1st for next year. I might... Maybe... MAYBE... could see a 2nd... but even then... with the gargantuan contract Chubb is said to want, I would pass. For a 3rd... yeah... But I suspect the Broncs keep him.

The Phins desperately need a better pass rush, but I think they could do it if they got better effort from Ogbah. He got paid for last years performance and hasn't lived up to the payday, which is often the case.

I still think another DT/DE who could pull some of the double teams off Davis or Wilkins would be better than a LB though. But Chubb can rush the passer for sure.

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:07 am

I really like John Abram from the Raiders to swoop in and fill that void left by Brandon Jones. I like his physicality and his instincts. He could be a perfect blitzer from the safety position.

I'd also like to keep Rowe. If we don't get a CB, i think its worth a shot to let him play corner. He came into the league as a CB and he has above average cover skills.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:15 pm

Crazy trades:

After getting a 2nd and a 5th from the Ravens for Roquan Smith, the Bears trade that 2nd to the Steelers for WR Chase Claypool. Terrible trade for the Bears - why give up a 2nd for a mediocre (at best) receiver???

The Lions, for reasons I will never understand, trade TE TJ Hockenson, one of the best pass-catching TEs in the league, to their division rival Vikings. The Lions traded a 4th in 2023 and a conditional 4th in 2024 in exchange for a 2nd in 2023 and a 3rd in 2024. I don't get it. Even if the Lions didn't want to pay Hockenson, why trade him for peanuts to the best team in your own division????

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down