The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins open to trade talks if it will lead to more draft picks

+3
Birdmond
JMP
HalCHorn
7 posters

Go down

Dolphins open to trade talks if it will lead to more draft picks Empty Dolphins open to trade talks if it will lead to more draft picks

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:09 pm

this is a change of pace.....

Omar Kelly wrote:Last year, the Miami Dolphins made six trades involving draft picks. This year, hints have been dropped that there could be similar trade activity during next week’s NFL draft.

According to team sources, the Dolphins are willing to trade their 22nd pick in the first round, so if another team wants to move back a few spots or move up a bit, Miami’s executives are willing to do business.

Miami’s main goal in next week’s draft is to fill out a relatively thin roster by infusing young, promising talent onto last year’s 10-6 playoff team. The Dolphins have seven draft picks, and want more.

That’s why Mike Tannenbaum, the team’s executive vice president of football operations, began Wednesday’s pre-draft press conference with a “for now” disclaimer when discussing Miami’s selections.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-notes-20170419-story.html

I guess Gase is influencing Tannebaum more than we think.......

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dolphins open to trade talks if it will lead to more draft picks Empty Re: Dolphins open to trade talks if it will lead to more draft picks

Post by HalCHorn Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Good. I'd love to trade down and get about five or six picks in the first four rounds instead of the current three. 2nd through 4th rounds look excellent for most of our areas of need.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Dolphins open to trade talks if it will lead to more draft picks Empty Re: Dolphins open to trade talks if it will lead to more draft picks

Post by JMP Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:59 pm

With Tannenbaum, every pick is available to trade. That's what he does. Personally, I think it's more likely that we'll trade up, but either way - Tannenbaum is all about trades and nothing would surprise me.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:19 am

I think Lamp will be gone and Miami might move back a few spots to get an extra 3rd. Other than that I don't see anything big happening.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 pm

I agree, trade down in front of the Steelers and take Tim Williams from Ala.

That will make the Steelers weep I reckon.

Very Happy

I gave up trying to figure out this team's drafts several years ago. No matter what I think they should do, they routinely do something else.

As long as it works out for the Phins, I don't care who they draft.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:13 am

So much can happen draft day, it's nearly impossible to predict your team's move, unless they're in one of those "do it or die" slots. We're in an odd area, so trading can actually happen, if they get a good offer, and if they get a trading partner.

Usually, though, unless trading down, standing pat is the advised plan of action.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm tired of this team always trading up or down every draft, and yet still picking a bunch of bumblers, busts and bums. Who knows, maybe just standing pat for once might work when nothing else has.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:24 am

I think the only way I enjoy this draft is if we trade down twice in round one and still get Obi, Bowser or McKinley. I'm ok with Lamp at 22, it's just no fun and I think Lamp gets picked way before we're on the clock.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:26 pm

I would have to agree Lamp isn't a fun pick but he is what Miami needs

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down