The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins open to trading Cedric Wilson

5 posters

Go down

Dolphins open to trading Cedric Wilson Empty Dolphins open to trading Cedric Wilson

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:42 am

Well, the rumors are official now.

The Phins would LOVE for some team to take Wilson and his very too generous salary off their hands.

Puhhleeze! Somebody trade for him!

Or we are open to keeping him. wink-wink

I never really understood why they jumped on Wilson so hard and so early last year, but...  I guess if they had known that Tyreek Hill was coming, they would not have done
this deal which in hindsight looks "Muy Malo".

Wilson does have some utility and can be a fill in WR, but Grier paid way too much for him IMO.

I think they are stuck with Wilson for next season.

I mean, if you can't get even 'Jerruh' to give you a 2024 7th rounder for him....

finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins open to trading Cedric Wilson Empty Re: Dolphins open to trading Cedric Wilson

Post by JMP Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:38 am

I'm sure they'll listen to offers, but no team is going to trade for Wilson IMO. I think he stays and competes for the # 3 receiver job. He's more important to the Dolphins than the 7th rounder we'd likely get for him.

I like Wilson and think he can be a key role player in this offense, and he's a great insurance policy in case Waddle or Hill miss time.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins open to trading Cedric Wilson Empty Re: Dolphins open to trading Cedric Wilson

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:00 am

agreed. he has more value as a backup and potential injury replacement than the likely draft compensation the Phins would receive. remember, before Tyreek was acquired, everyone was anticipating he would be the primary deep threat. i'm assuming he hasn't lost those skills. and while yes, he is probably eating more cap space than value he's providing, its already a done deal and that cap hit is being managed with the current Phins' cap structure. with a little better pass protection and the run game pulling safeties into the box, maybe the Phins could stretch defenses to the limit with deep routes by Hill and Wilson at the same time on opposite sides and Waddle underneath.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:52 am

Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa recently got his wide receiver together for some offensive work down in South Florida. Tagovailoa had the opportunity to throw to Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Erik Ezukanma and River Cracraft.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pod-miami-dolphins-offseason-together-140039072.html

should the fact the Cedric Wilson wasn't present be taken to mean anything?

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:21 am

mercury22nathan wrote:should the fact the Cedric Wilson wasn't present be taken to mean anything?

If I wasn't about to have to be busy, I'd definitely be overreacting 2020s style.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:19 pm

The Over-pay on His Contract makes it hard to get anything other than 7th rd pick for Him, At less we eat some of the Money, Which I wouldn't do.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:41 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa recently got his wide receiver together for some offensive work down in South Florida. Tagovailoa had the opportunity to throw to Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Erik Ezukanma and River Cracraft.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pod-miami-dolphins-offseason-together-140039072.html

should the fact the Cedric Wilson wasn't present be taken to mean anything?

I wouldn't read anything into it at all.  Berrios wasn't there either.

EDIT: Berrios actually was at the practice - but I still don't think Wilson not being there is a sign of anything. It's a voluntary workout that Tua organized - not team-related. Wilson could have been out of town or any number of other things.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:19 pm

JMP wrote:EDIT: Berrios actually was at the practice - but I still don't think Wilson not being there is a sign of anything. It's a voluntary workout that Tua organized - not team-related.  Wilson could have been out of town or any number of other things.

I have officially decided that, based on this alone Wilson is a cancer who needs to go ASAP and he's become my least favorite player on the team. And because this is the 2020s my feeling is fact. Cool

Every other WR is there but Wilson can't make it? Riiiight...

DolFan 316

finskev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:10 am

DolFan 316 wrote: And because this is the 2020s my feeling is fact. Cool

Very Happy That sure seems to be the way of the world now.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down