The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaiah Battle

+3
rightchea
JMP
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

Isaiah Battle  Empty Isaiah Battle

Post by rightchea Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:26 pm

I think that Miami should take a look at this guy in the supplemental draft. Miami is thin on OL and needs someone to get the mean back in Miami

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Isaiah Battle  Empty Re: Isaiah Battle

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:28 am

why?

...the 6-foot-7, 290 pound left tackle is a "raw but obvious talent" and could warrant a middle round pick. But NFLdraftscout.com reported he failed multiple drug tests...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/07/um-football-with-low-national-expectations-and-some-lingering-concerns-heat-chatter-jose-fernandez-r.html

so he can hang out with Dion Jordan?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:08 am

Yeah, the last thing this team needs is another drug addict...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 am

That is the problem with a lot of these players but for the simple fact that he will be like a undrafted pick I have no problem getting him. Not like Miami is wasting a first round pick on this guy

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:32 am

In addition to the off-field issues, it sounds like Battle is very raw and needs to add a lot of weight and strength. I'm not sure this OL needs yet another project. I wish we would start bringing in more young players that can actually play...I'm tired of waiting years for these guys to develop, and then it doesn't happen.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:25 pm

For what it's worth, the Rams took Battle in the supplemental draft - will cost them a 5th rounder in 2016.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Had we used one of those fifth round picks on La'el Collins like I suggested during the draft then we would have a very solid line in the future.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:51 pm

I've got the Rams and Colts in the Super Bowl. Love what the Rams are doing and given the fact that Indy's division sucks and they'll have home field advantage it's my pick.

I cannot believe Miami didn't at least try and draft Battle in the 4th round. It's not like we pick HOF players in the 4th. I'm telling you Brandon Albert will be an absolute non factor this year and will be the downfall of the season.

I'll take it one step further. If Albert plays 16 games at his previous level AND we sign Mathis I'll guarantee playoffs. Neither will happen.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:37 am

Agree, Birdmond I think the roster is pretty much set save for typical bottom-5 player churn throughout camp and the preseason.

I believe what we are seeing is the influence of someone who has a long-term interest, along with the job security to take that approach . It's Tannebaum. He made the big splash and signed a premier defensive lineman. He also revamped the receiving corps and locked up our starting QB with a long term deal, along with adding a talented TE in Cameron. Those are all some fairly big pieces of the overall puzzle in assembling a playoff caliber squad.

I don't think he'll go any further, keeping some resources available for future moves. Does he really care if Philbin (or Hickey for that matter) survives the outcome of 2015? Probably not. He's likely targeting 2017 for a real push at greatness, once he gets his new head coach and GM in house, and continues to remake the squad to his vision. If Tannehill continues to develop and becomes a solid top 10 QB, it could actually work.

So like Birdmond said, I don't think we will sign Mathis, and I'm not surprised we held onto our picks instead of spending one in the supplemental draft.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:33 am

Th thing with Battle is that he's very raw...he's a project, and will likely need a year or two before he plays - if he plays. The Dolphins have enough young, questionable linemen...they don't need another one. Add in Battle's drug issues, and I wouldn't have touched him for a 7th...let alone a 5th.

And white, I agree. This is Tannenbaum's team now. All the moves that were made this offseason have his mark on them. I'm not convinced yet that we are heading in the right direction, but I do see a plan taking shape - and that's something I haven't seen in a long time with the Phins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Birdmond wrote:I've got the Rams and Colts in the Super Bowl.  Love what the Rams are doing and given the fact that Indy's division sucks and they'll have home field advantage it's my pick.

You love the Rams adopting an approach that takes football back 40 years, after the Fins tried that exact same thing and failed for about a decade and a half? Shocked

As far as the Colts, how are they going to get past the Pats with that D?

No, the Ravens are still sadly the only AFC team with even a chance of stopping the Pats from yet another SB appearance, which in the year 2015 is just flat out absurd.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:40 pm

I still can't process the fact the Pats won last year's Superbowl. They were dead men walking at least 4 times enroute to that final play.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:55 pm

white1 wrote:I still can't process the fact the Pats won last year's Superbowl.  They were dead men walking at least 4 times enroute to that final play.

I can't process it because it is literally unprecedented for a team with the same coach/QB combo to win a title ten years after their last one, and 14 years after their first. It was the equivalent of Noll and Bradshaw winning it all in '83, or Walsh and Montana taking the title home in '94, or Lombardi and Starr winning another SB in '71. There are many HOF QBs who haven't even played 15 seasons, or were shells of themselves when they did, and yet here's Tom Freaking Brady getting another ring in the year 2014. The only way I can explain it is that it was actually the perfect capper to what had to be the single worst season in NFL history.

And the rest of the AFC is so bad is literally as if Badell arranged it that way. And yet some people actually complained about him being biased AGAINST the Pats when he dared to punish them for cheating yet again. Unreal Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:29 pm

I do like the Colts to represent the AFC in the next Super Bowl, at least at this early date. If their D stays healthy it should be good enough to complement what should be the highest-scoring offense in the league IMO.

The NFC is harder to figure...I think the Packers, Cowboys and Seahawks will all be in the mix

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down