The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins cut newly acquired Isaiah Wilson

+2
DolFan 316
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Phins cut newly acquired Isaiah Wilson Empty Phins cut newly acquired Isaiah Wilson

Post by JMP Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:44 pm

Well, that was fast! Apparently Wilson's immaturity knows no bounds. Hope he's happy flipping burgers, because he'll never get another shot at the NFL.

Fortunately, it cost the Phins no money to learn this lesson, and they have already gotten the 7th back in the trade for McKinney. Oh well...no harm done, just too bad this young man is choosing to throw his life away.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-isaiah-wilson-released-by-team-following-incident-filled-stint-in-miami-per-report/

The team is reportedly set to release the former first-round pick, per The Miami Herald, after never getting the chance to see him in their uniform in a regular season game. The Dolphins landed Wilson in a trade struck with the Tennessee Titans on March 17, who initially selected him with the 29th-overall pick in 2020, in exchange for a seventh-round pick.

He was a Dolphin for three days.

...It's reported Wilson refused the team's help in trying to get him back on-track for what might've been a promising NFL career, and a series of videos involving Wilson vaping and dancing shirtless on a car did nothing to help the matter.

NBC Sports Edge wrote:Dolphins waived OT Isaiah Wilson.

Wilson was late for his physical, on-boarding process and skipped voluntary workouts. He also "refused team efforts to help him to get his life on track" after a lost rookie year. Wilson lasted less than two weeks in Miami after washing out his first year in Tennessee. Releasing Wilson won't cost anything since his salary guarantees were already voided. Wilson has been a total bust since getting drafted with No. 29 overall pick last year. His off-field baggage makes him unlikely to resurface this season.
Source: Miami Herald
Mar 20, 2021, 10:41 AM ET

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins cut newly acquired Isaiah Wilson Empty Re: Phins cut newly acquired Isaiah Wilson

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:01 pm

That's enough dicking around with obvious character red flags. If they even THINK about drafting Parsons or anyone else who's had a felony arrest after THIS, then I'm seriously walking away for good. Just a complete waste of everyone's time.

FF, the floor is yours cheers cheers cheers I know you won't disappoint me Cool

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Phins cut newly acquired Isaiah Wilson Empty Re: Phins cut newly acquired Isaiah Wilson

Post by finfanatic Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:26 am

Nothing to say that I have not already said.

At least this was NOT a complete felon that they tried to redeem.

Just a lazy dumbarse.

I do not believe the whole ZERO COST, ZERO RISK thing is accurate either. You get a rep of taking on these reclamation projects, the consensus is that character does not matter. Which I feel sure is not what Flores WANTS, but there have been some reclamation projects on his watch in Miami.

I still say... When somebody who is not used to having money, suddenly gets a bunch, sometimes, they go completely DAFT.
Apparently, that is what happened with Wilson.

I just hate to see people acting stupid and Wilson has been acting stupid.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:29 pm

Another brilliant move by Grier. If anyone should be cut it's Grier!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:02 pm

finfanatic wrote:N
I do not believe the whole ZERO COST, ZERO RISK thing is accurate either. You get a rep of taking on these reclamation projects, the consensus is that character does not matter. Which I feel sure is not what Flores WANTS, but there have been some reclamation projects on his watch in Miami.

Not at all. There's nothing wrong with taking a flyer on a talented player when there is zero risk involved. In this case, the Dolphins gave up a draft pick they already got back, and they spent zero money. Zero cost.

Clearly, character matters very much for the Dolphins - because Wilson was cut after just a few days. That's the message: get on board, or GTFO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:55 am

Now I've got to throw away 500 bucks worth of Wilson gear I bought. I was positive when you swap 7ths you've found the answer.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:07 am

Degarmo wrote:Now I've got to throw away 500 bucks worth of Wilson gear I bought.  I was positive when you swap 7ths you've found the answer.

Laughing The NFL.com shop is going to be processing a lot of refunds for Wilson jerseys.

JMP
Admin

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:58 pm

I just pretended mine was for Albert Wilson instead, problem solved Cool

DolFan 316

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:17 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I just pretended mine was for Albert Wilson instead, problem solved Cool

Now that's some forward-thinking right there! cheers

JMP
Admin

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:21 pm

This kid got some money and decided partying was more important than football. One day he'll look back and regret it all.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:09 pm

Killah Sith wrote:This kid got some money and decided partying was more important than football.  One day he'll look back and regret it all.

Absolutely. He threw his life away for no reason. It's sad.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down