The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaiah Ford Released by PATS to resign with Dolphins

+3
mercury22nathan
JMP
Umix10
7 posters

Go down

Isaiah Ford Released by PATS to resign with Dolphins Empty Isaiah Ford Released by PATS to resign with Dolphins

Post by Umix10 Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:49 pm

LMAO!!!!! The only thing that would be funnier is if Ford catches a Walk off TD pass against the Pats.

In any case Grier might just be that guy!

https://www.google.com/search?q=isaiah+ford&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS818US901&oq=isaiah+ford&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j0i131i433j0j0i433j0.5575j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Isaiah Ford Released by PATS to resign with Dolphins Empty Re: Isaiah Ford Released by PATS to resign with Dolphins

Post by JMP Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:48 pm

I had a feeling the Phins would bring Ford back as soon as I heard he was released! He'll have to be on the practice squad initially due to COVID rules, but I have a feeling he'll be on the roster and contributing down the stretch. He could help with third downs for sure.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Isaiah Ford Released by PATS to resign with Dolphins Empty Re: Isaiah Ford Released by PATS to resign with Dolphins

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:31 am

looking at the Pats depth chart, i am surprised they couldn't find a spot for Ford.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:29 am

Belichek as GM continues to be his own worse enemy
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:35 am

Belichick doesn't make sense and if he doesn't make the playoffs in the next two years he might be out of a coaching job.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:31 am

interesting. Pats wanted him back.

Bill Belichick said the New England Patriots were hoping they could re-sign receiver Isaiah Ford after releasing him on Saturday. But the Miami Dolphins seem to have foiled that plan. They signed Ford to their practice squad on Tuesday, according to ESPN’s Field Yates.

It’s a tough blow to New England, which traded a conditional pick to Miami in exchange for Ford at the deadline. Not only will the Patriots need to give up a pick, which Belichick confirmed this week, but they will also miss out on bringing Ford back on the practice squad. The Patriots cut Ford in a flurry of moves that included promoting receiver Donte Moncrief to the 53-man roster.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-patriots-miss-signing-wr-210903342.html

i wonder if he got any insight into the Pats playbook while he was there. i suppose the Pats could poach him off the Miami's PS as long as they put him back on the active roster. the Phins of course could make him one of their protected PS players - or promote him to their active roster.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:37 am

Our receiver corps is banged up, it would make sense the Fins plan to have him active by game day this week.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:03 am

white1 wrote:Our receiver corps is banged up, it would make sense the Fins plan to have him active by game day this week.

Because of COVID rules, I don't think he can be activated for the KC game...he has to do testing. But he should be good to go for next week.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:05 pm

JMP wrote:
white1 wrote:Our receiver corps is banged up, it would make sense the Fins plan to have him active by game day this week.

Because of COVID rules, I don't think he can be activated for the KC game...he has to do testing.  But he should be good to go for next week.

It's become quite clear that these "rules" can be violated by anybody at any time without consequence if they happen to be one of the "favored" people.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:59 am

Regardless, this is a win for Grier.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:42 am

And I think we still get a 7th round pick in 2022. Not that it's much, but still...we fleeced the Pats! Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down