The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay Cutler Is Who He Always Was, and That Has NFL Rivals Laughing at Him

+4
JMP
Degarmo
DolFan 316
rightchea
8 posters

Go down

Jay Cutler Is Who He Always Was, and That Has NFL Rivals Laughing at Him Empty Jay Cutler Is Who He Always Was, and That Has NFL Rivals Laughing at Him

Post by rightchea Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:05 pm

This is why I don't understand Miami's idealism in picking up this fool...

Mike Freeman wrote:Around the NFL, people are laughing at the Dolphins. Flat. Out. Laughing.
The source of the amusement: Jay Cutler.
Cutler has been fairly awful this season, and many around the league can't help but chuckle because they could see it coming. It's not all his fault, these sources say. There are offensive line problems, and Cutler is still rusty after coming out of retirement late in the preseason. Plus, the Dolphins defense has been borderline putrid.
No, it's not all Cutler's fault, but much of it is. One scout pointed to Miami's last game against the Saints as an illustration.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2736818-jay-cutler-is-who-he-always-was-and-that-has-nfl-rivals-laughing-at-him

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Jay Cutler Is Who He Always Was, and That Has NFL Rivals Laughing at Him Empty Re: Jay Cutler Is Who He Always Was, and That Has NFL Rivals Laughing at Him

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Yeah, I didn't see any of these other teams signing Kaepernick either. Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Jay Cutler Is Who He Always Was, and That Has NFL Rivals Laughing at Him Empty Re: Jay Cutler Is Who He Always Was, and That Has NFL Rivals Laughing at Him

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Apples and oranges. If Kaepernick wasn't at the center of this monumentally important, possibly Earth-shifts-off-its-axis, dogs-and-cats-living-together, National anthem crisis (I'm still hoping all those families that have loved ones who have perished due to this immeasurable evil that has been inflicted on people are doing well - perhaps we can get the Senate and House to send some thoughts and prayers), he would have been signed, and possibly would have been starting somewhere.

NFL teams don't want to deal with the circus though, even though everyone's still dealing with the circus because of Trump.

Cutler is a shitty QB. I don't know why anyone thought he'd be worth a shit here. It's an act of self delusion.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:47 pm

There's a lesson here: You are what you are.

Cutler is what he is. He won't change. He can't change.

BAM

That's really all you need to know.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 pm

the issue is no owner wants fans to think they are unpatriotic

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:31 pm

After today I'm now officially part of the crowd laughing at Cutler too. What else am I going to do at this point?

I still want to know what other QB the Fins could've signed who'd have been any better, though. Nobody seems to know the answer to that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Moore could have been better. I mean, even if he was shitty, he would have been something.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:13 pm

The O-Line was doing horrible as well. Wonder want Gase is going to do since Miami wont have a bye week this year.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Degarmo wrote:Moore could have been better.  I mean, even if he was shitty, he would have been something.

They still would've needed another QB on the roster though because after Moore there was nobody else.

Again, who else sitting out there would've been clearly better than Cutler? Don't give me Kaepernick who was 1-10 as a starter last season. RGIII? Puh-lease.

Really this all goes back to Tannehill and his insane decision not to have surgery which led to him needing surgery anyway. Seriously, WTF was he thinking?

Gase and his obvious ego is also to blame, but you're not going to pay somebody $10 mil and plop him on the bench. Cutler *had* to start once he was signed, for reasons that weren't actually football performance related. Is what it is.

Besides, what good is it to blame Cutler when from everything I've read the O-line is worse than it's ever been and Gase keeps calling plays that aren't actually designed to get yardage? That doesn't mean Cutler hasn't sucked, but he's only part of the problem and maybe even not that big a part. Did anybody really expect anything else from a QB coming out of retirement who was never that great to begin with playing for this bunch of bumblers, busts and bums?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:59 pm

Tony Romo.

I just made myself vomit.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:13 am

Degarmo wrote:Tony Romo.

Romo would've been injured already by now and maybe not even physically able to play to begin with. Next.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:22 am

It's OK, Cutler is fine. Didn't you hear Gase - it's everyone else's fault. The $10 Million Man is playing great - it's the rest of the offense that's screwing up. No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 am

That's the thing w/ Gase. He goes out of his way to deflect criticism from Cutler. It's like he takes it personally when questioned about the lack of offense.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:32 am

I thought it was a good idea due to his experience in Gase's system. Now it's just another Dolphins blinder.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:01 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Tony Romo.

Romo would've been injured already by now and maybe not even physically able to play to begin with. Next.

I don't have any others. In my defense though, I wanted to draft a QB this year, and it would have been fun to have him backup Moore. I didn't want to sign anyone.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:16 pm

This wasn't the greatest year to draft a QB. The 3 plausible long-term answers were all gone by pick 22.

Next year will be a great year to draft one, and we should be in position to do just that. Given the list of QB's available, it is likely to be a good year to find that Russell Wilson or Bret Favre who is a long-term answer after the first round.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:38 am

We can only hope! Because at this point, I can see us drafting either a G or Right Tackle in round one. I'm serious.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down