The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cutler coming to Miami?

+4
white1
Birdmond
Degarmo
scotgif
8 posters

Go down

Cutler coming to Miami? Empty Cutler coming to Miami?

Post by scotgif Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:56 pm

http://windycitytribune.sportsblog.com/posts/26818768/the-dolphins-may-be-trying-to-acquire-jay-cutler-via-trade.html

As much as I think Tanny is not the answer, I just do not know what to think about the possibility of Cutler as the Fins QB. Cutler IMO is a mediocre at best QB. Which is exactly what ryan hennehill is. What is the upside of this? The season is already lost. Do we really think that cutler is going to solve the team's problems and propel them into the playoffs? Not hardly. I don't know if we can get any other draft picks in the trade. If so, I seriously doubt it would be anything of value.

The Bears would most likely receive some draft picks for Cutler, which they desperately need to develop some depth on a depleted roster.

With this thought, I think this is right up tannebaum's alley. Give up yet MORE draft picks. Not that we expect them to amount to anything anyway.

I have always thought of culter as a winey, little bitch. Just say no.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Cutler coming to Miami? Empty Re: Cutler coming to Miami?

Post by Degarmo Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:53 am

Jesus Christ, I was talking to a buddy of mine and said this would be something jackass Tannenbaum may consider, and I was kidding, and now this. No, no, a million times no.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:09 am

I'd give them Kenny Stills and a 7th. But I must admit, I'm so sick of watching Tannehill play.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:05 am

Cutler over his career has an 85.9 QB rating. Plus he's already 33 years old.

This kind of move would be the exact opposite of what fans want to see. Let's trade for an old, veteran QB who has PROVEN without a shadow of a doubt he'll never be a contender.

I mean, at least with Tannehill some fans can still fool themselves that the light switch might turn on at some point.

So of course, I bet we will see this happen. Better yet, for MORE draft picks. Because drafting just isn't that important.

I'm still in shock over recalling the trade we made this year. How the FUCK did we give up a 3rd and 4th for essentially nothing? It's not like we moved up into the top 10 or top 5, we moved up for Caroo or something? Just a horrible, horrible move giving up way too much for very little.

Spielman screwed us over, AGAIN, and Tannenbaum let him.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:10 am

Oh and just more fuel for the fire, Cutler's value has never been lower since Fox essentially just benched him.

If he does come to Miami via trade, it better be for either Tannehill straight up or for no more than a 7th rounder.

We could probably just play this season out and get Cutler in the offseason, when the Bears cut him. Because that's the way this is headed. Doing it now makes very little sense.

As we've talked about ad nauseum - QB play right now is just one of the many problems with this roster. A slight improvement there makes no difference if we can't address the running game, run defense, secondary, TE, and guard play.

If we're gonna trade find a goddamned guard, or a defensive back, or a tight end. SOMETHING that we really need FFS.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:42 am

On that day I will stop being a Dolphins fan. I will burn everything that is Dolphins and curse them for another 100 years

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:55 am

Would Jay Cutler be a serious possibility for the Dolphins?

The answer is no.

No.

No!

"Never happening," is what I've been told by folks familiar with the Miami Dolphins thinking. "Has never come up. Never happening."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/10/would-jay-cutler-be-a-serious-possibility-for-the-dolphins.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:29 am

I wish I could believe Armando's report.

The team is dumb from a football sense, but these guys can keep a secret when they want to. I have no doubt it's under serious consideration. In fact, Omar Kelly says there is some definite "meat" behind the report, this is more than just a rumor or wild fan speculation.

I hate that we are even talking about it. When I think about Tannehill being shown the door, it's for a drafted legitimate QB prospect. Not for some aging, proven loser like Cutler. What a mess.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:23 am

There's no way this rumor is real. It doesn't make sense on any level. Nope, not buying it and not even considering it.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:46 pm

JMP wrote:There's no way this rumor is real.  It doesn't make sense on any level.  Nope, not buying it and not even considering it.

Just read that they are not looking at Culter

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:08 pm

We need to develop talent not use draft picks or trades to do it

Bench Tannehill and let Doughty play. I don't care if he sux but at least we can insure solid picks next year
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down